Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't like Dawson from the beginning. so maybe that's why I didn't like Dawson and Joey in season one.
Dawson creek fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

After becoming a PJ shipper in season 3, I have a lot of love for PJ and all the bantering in season 1. I miss them in season 2.
Jim & Pam / Damon & Elena / Pacey & Joey / Brandon & Callie / Jim & Melinda / Jax & Tara / Brooke & Lucas / Frisco & Felicia / Miguel & Sam / Brandon & Kelly /Chuck & Sarah / Lois & Clark / Danny & Riley / Jay & Erin

So what your saying is Joey's like a bus?
No what I'm saying is Joey's like a girl.
scottwajda8819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwajda8819 (View Post)
After becoming a PJ shipper in season 3, I have a lot of love for PJ and all the bantering in season 1. I miss them in season 2.
I only liked PJo in season 3 and a bit of 4. I liked them in season 1 and 2 as well. I liked dawson in season 1 and joey, but that was it. I always thought pjos story was better and their dynamic was better in season 3. I didn't really like joey or dawson after season 1 though. I love james though, but not a fan of dawson.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wanted to root for DJ, then season 3 happened, and the rest is history.
Yeah it was.

I didn't go in with any expectations of the show when I first watched it in 2012 other than I already knew I'd be a Pacey fan simply because I watched it because of Josh and my sister said I would like his character.

I didn't really have any feelings or opinions about the couples until S3, then I was all about PJo. I never really cared for Dawson's whining.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I wanted to root for DJ, then season 3 happened, and the rest is history.
I wanted to root for them, but I just couldn't even in season one. To be honest, I don't hate them as friends, I actually really like them as friends. Whenever they went the romantic route, I just died a little on the inside.

I went into the show because of Josh too, I had always been a fan of Josh.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I wanted to root for them, but I just couldn't even in season one. To be honest, I don't hate them as friends, I actually really like them as friends. Whenever they went the romantic route, I just died a little on the inside.

I went into the show because of Josh too, I had always been a fan of Josh.
I love Josh too, but I also love James.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:06 AM
New Fan

This thread doesn't deserve to be on the third page.
I can't agree more with what you're all saying; Dawson and Joey made a really boring and annoying couple, they always had issues that they never bothered to fix. They were better as friends, though we didn't see much of them being friends.
the_best_of_times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

By the end of the show, I didn't really like joey with anyone. her pairings always bothered me.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not really sure how the DJo fans justify their comments about them being the better couple simply by tearing down all the PJo moments or pretending those moments didn't happen.

DJo just never seemed to have any chemistry at all and Dawson was so self absorbed that he didn't support his friends or Joey at certain times (ie. her interest in Art)

It's funny how a certain bias can cloud our memory of the actual facts. I'm not a DJo fan and an even less Dawson fan, but I can't bring myself to be mean about it, so I tend to stay away from these types of Threads and stick with the Appreciation Threads.

Having said that, I will see you in the PJo and Pandie Appreciation Threads.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm not really sure how the DJo fans justify their comments about them being the better couple simply by tearing down all the PJo moments or pretending those moments didn't happen.

DJo just never seemed to have any chemistry at all and Dawson was so self absorbed that he didn't support his friends or Joey at certain times (ie. her interest in Art)

It's funny how a certain bias can cloud our memory of the actual facts. I'm not a DJo fan and an even less Dawson fan, but I can't bring myself to be mean about it, so I tend to stay away from these types of Threads and stick with the Appreciation Threads.

I don't really like anti threads either and Im the mod here, but someone bumped it.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)

I agree with everything you said.
I am an original”

Last edited by msstock87; 01-15-2015 at 04:18 PM
Old 02-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
When Dawson told Joey in the finale that she was the only thing in his life that made sense and he forgot that [Pacey said it first and better in Castaways, btw]
I know this is the anti-DJo thread, but I just wanted to mention that Dawson actually said it first to Joey, in the pilot

Quote:
I'm not a DJo fan and an even less Dawson fan, but I can't bring myself to be mean about it, so I tend to stay away from these types of Threads and stick with the Appreciation Threads.
I don't really like anti-threads either. Anti-threads got closed down a long time ago on other boards that I visit. I think it would be nice to close down all the anti and un-appreciation threads on this board too, but it's up to the mods of course.

I love this show and I rather this board be a more positive reflection of the show.
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, I like both Dawson and Pacey and feel both men deserved better than Joey. Dawson and Joey were better as friends and PJ were better as sparring partners/friends.
Speedychatterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
I know this is the anti-DJo thread, but I just wanted to mention that Dawson actually said it first to Joey, in the pilot

I don't really like anti-threads either. Anti-threads got closed down a long time ago on other boards that I visit. I think it would be nice to close down all the anti and un-appreciation threads on this board too, but it's up to the mods of course.

I love this show and I rather this board be a more positive reflection of the show.
That's how I feel too, I wish the anti threads were closed. I like this board to be more positive than negative and I feel more like posting when I don't see an anti thread at the top of the page. That's my personal opinion though and I don't mean any ill will.
I am an original”
Old 02-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I believe an Anti thread serves a purpose. The threads give a person somewhere to vent their anger at the destruction of their favourite pairing.

It keeps the anger from overflowing to threads that are pro a coupling the poster hates. By doing this it keeps the conflict down, and for an example a pro Pacey/Joey thread from being swamped by Dawson/Joey or Pacey/Andie fans from raising hell in the pro Pacey/Joey threads.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread