Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Joey was over Dawson by the beginning of season 6. She seemed so awkward and unsure when he came to visit her, even more than before.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

This will be my last post on the topic, but I just wanted to say:

I do not condone random sexual hookups! I try not to judge people who do it, but I know I could never hook up with a virtual stranger. But since Joey knew Charlie (I mean, she knew him enough to kiss him and allow him to sleep in the bed with her instead of in Audrey's bed, and I know Joey wouldn't do that with someone she didn't consider a friend), I didn't take that to be a random hookup. Just a casual, it's-okay-if-you're-not-in-love kind of thing. I didn't particularly like that about this show, how it perpetuates the 'men can sleep with anyone, women have to be on the verge of matrimony' idea of consensual, responsible relations. I know it was a teen drama, but any female character who hooked up with someone without them being soulmates had serious issues (Ms. Jacobs, Jen, Abby, Audrey, etc...).

I read what you wrote about Joey telling Eddie she doesn't sleep with someone after the first date, Christina, and I just wanted to make sure no one thought I think that's cool! Especially paired with my M+ fan-fiction, I don't want people thinking I'm a **** or something.

Question: Did Joey literally sleep with Eddie after one get-to-know-you date, or had they been hanging out before that one date? My best friend went to Jamaica for two weeks, and right before she gets back I'm leaving for North Carolina for a week. So I have three weeks before I can resume my re-watch, but I'd really like to know how that scenario played out.

2nd Question: What is it that you love about that scene from Castaways? I know this is an Anti-D/J thread and we're already verging OT with this Joey/Charlie business, but I'm really curious. Maybe you can take the answer to the P/J thread?

Just to keep this post relevant: Dawson and Joey suck as a couple!! Their friendship wasn't too bad; even if most of the time it was self-serving, as a friend Dawson treated her better than he did any of his other friends.

Last edited by Azaiya; 07-31-2013 at 04:11 PM
Azaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
[I read what you wrote about Joey telling Eddie she doesn't sleep with someone after the first date, Christina, and I just wanted to make sure no one thought I think that's cool! Especially paired with my M+ fan-fiction, I don't want people thinking I'm a **** or something.
Don't worry about that. I wasn't thinking that.

Quote:
Question: Did Joey literally sleep with Eddie after one get-to-know-you date, or had they been hanging out before that one date? My best friend went to Jamaica for two weeks, and right before gets back I'm leaving for North Carolina for a week. So I have three weeks before I can resume my re-watch, but I'd really like to know how that scenario played out.
Well, Eddie and Joey do have scenes together before their first date, which is in episode 6x08 when the whole group go to the No Doubt concert, even though the group doesn't have any scenes together. Eddie and Joey sleep together the next episode. While he is at the bar, he lets Joey study at his place for finals. When Eddie comes home Joey's asleep in his bed and he sleeps on the floor, but they have sex the next morning after her not the type of girl speech..She says that she only has sex after long drawn out build ups, months years, etc.

Have fun on vacation.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 07-31-2013 at 05:05 PM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think you're a **** at all, don't worry.

I didn't mind Dawson and Joey as friends most of the time, but once the romantic issues came into play it was bad.
I am an original”
Old 08-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

My vacation starts on Saturday and all I want to do until then is watch the show but I can't! It's great that I stopped at the D/J 'break-up' but all that makes me want to do is hurry up and get to Castaways and the finale!

Yeah, as long as Dawson wasn't thinking of himself, their friendship was good. I remember reading somewhere after the finale that Kevin Williamson assured D/Jers that D/J are together forever, immortalized in Dawson's fictional world. What's funny is this is true. Dawson's fictional world is the real-life Dawson's Creek. I came across a '1990 things from the 90s' list, and 'Dawson and Joey' were like, number 4! So, of course, I copied and pasted the list into Microsoft Word, and searched for 'Pacey and Joey'. It wasn't there. I was about to be upset about this but then I saw, ranked somewhere around #20 or 30, was 'Joshua Jackson'. James Van Der Beek and Katie Holmes didn't make the list.

It made me feel better.

(Oh, and thanks for the reassurance, guys. I'd reread what I wrote, and with your responses about Joey and no-sex-after-first-date I thought my comments could have been taken the wrong way. )
Old 08-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)
My vacation starts on Saturday and all I want to do until then is watch the show but I can't! It's great that I stopped at the D/J 'break-up' but all that makes me want to do is hurry up and get to Castaways and the finale!

Yeah, as long as Dawson wasn't thinking of himself, their friendship was good. I remember reading somewhere after the finale that Kevin Williamson assured D/Jers that D/J are together forever, immortalized in Dawson's fictional world. What's funny is this is true. Dawson's fictional world is the real-life Dawson's Creek. I came across a '1990 things from the 90s' list, and 'Dawson and Joey' were like, number 4! So, of course, I copied and pasted the list into Microsoft Word, and searched for 'Pacey and Joey'. It wasn't there. I was about to be upset about this but then I saw, ranked somewhere around #20 or 30, was 'Joshua Jackson'. James Van Der Beek and Katie Holmes didn't make the list.

It made me feel better.

(Oh, and thanks for the reassurance, guys. I'd reread what I wrote, and with your responses about Joey and no-sex-after-first-date I thought my comments could have been taken the wrong way. )
Just for the the record, Pacey and Joey do make tons of lists. I came across this the other day.

34 Things That Will Make '90s Girls Feel Old
Old 08-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have found a lot of lists that Pacey and Joey are on, that Dawson and Joey are not.
I am an original”
Old 08-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Glad to hear it!! I tried not to be too bothered by that, but I totally was. I liked that they featured Joshua Jackson on his own, but really, I love his portrayal of Pacey the best, and I'm glad Pacey and Joey together have 'shout out's in other places.

I love that link, Christina. Although... it did make me feel really old! (OT - Especially with #9 - "90s music is 'oldies'". I actually noticed that the other day! I was in Walgreens waiting for a prescription, and I was just nodding my head and singing along to the songs playing over the loudspeaker. By the time the fourth song came on it hit me - wait a minute. They usually play Lite FM in stores like this. All my music is on Lite FM!! Is THAT why I don't like the music that play on the radio anymore? Is it because I need to switch over to the OLDIES station?? )

This is an article that I came across a few months ago that led to me re-reading my fan-fiction, which led me back here and made me want to do the re-watch I'm currently on: The Power of Pacey: How Dawson’s Creek Switched Ships Mid-Stream by Tara Gelsomino. I dunno if you guys read it before but it's sweet.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Yeah, I felt old reading the list. The 90s still don't seem that long ago to me. And I feel the same way about music. I can't believe the 90s are considered Oldies now.

I read that article before and I loved it. BTW, not too long ago, Pacey and Joey made TVGuide's best couples of all time list. Dawson and Joey did not make the cut. I'll try to find it.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel old too lately, today especially since it is my birthday, lol. The 90's don't seem that long ago, but in reality they were. I was watching tv the other day and a commercial said " Watch classic shows like Dawson's Creek on demand".

I have seen Dawson and Joey on a worst couple's list before, I need to find that list again.
I am an original”
Old 08-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Happy Birthday! My birthday was on July 24th, and for the first time, I didn't want to make a big deal of it. lol Time moves faster as you get older, it seems.

Dawson's Creek is on demand?

I'd love to see that list.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you!

I am searching the internet seeing if I can find that list again. I remember being so happy when I saw them on the worst couple's list.
I am an original”
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Supreme Fan

The only time I ever remember seeing D/J on a list was S2 before P/J were even a couple . Now they're pretty much ranked on a lot of "worst couples" lists - fine by me .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Wes&FredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

They are probably ranked on worst couple lists now because so many people saw the magic of P/J and realized how awful D/J were compared to P/J.
I am an original”
Old 08-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Aww, Happy Birthday guys!!!

Time certainly does move faster as one gets older. Once, as I waxed nostalgic, my 'little' cousin (who is not little anymore, when did that happen?) rolled her eyes at me and asked, "You're not one of those people who are stuck in the 90s are you?"

I was partially embarrassed, but partially smug. I laughed and told her that if she was old enough to really remember and experience the 90s (she was 0-8, I was 8-18), she would remember just how awesome the era was, and she would miss it too! But yeah, despite what it seems it really was a long time ago...

Lol! That's pretty good that someone called D/J out as a worst couple in Season 2! Most people were still rooting for them. I think what ruined D/J for a lot of former D/Jers at the time was the P/J pairing, but Pacey or any other guy aside, Dawson and Joey were just dysfunctional together. Their relationship didn't work at all. Long before Pacey was in the picture, and even with the writers shoving the idea of Dawson and Joey being together down our throats, when they were a couple they did not grow together and they could not grow independently. And it was mostly Dawson. He was always pretty satisfied with their relationship. That's what Joey's problem with him was when she dumped him the first time. Joey was miserable and stagnated and Dawson just could not see how one-sided things were.

I came across them on a few Worst Couple lists too! There was one on TVGuide.com. I was about to link to it, but it was only one sentence that complained about how they spoke to each other. I'd taken offense to the way critics back then kept complaining about the way they spoke. Sure we didn't speak exactly like that, but it doesn't mean anyone who watched it (and I made many people do so) couldn't understand what they were saying, and it doesn't mean that we didn't have the same (and more fitting) words and similar (but more polished) phrases incorporated into our everyday speech.

This one has a better explanation for their incompatibility than their 'unrealistic' speech, I think. They are the TV's Best and Worst Couples - "Worst Example For America's Youth"! Lol!

Here's another one I'd found before. It's a Best Kisses, Worst Couples list so scroll down to get to the Worst Couples section. (Pacey and Joey are on the Best Kisses list, of course! ) Best Kisses, Worst Couples - MSN TV News

Last edited by Azaiya; 08-06-2013 at 09:20 AM
Reply   Post New Thread