Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Hunger Games Movie News/S&S #8: VF, new posters and more to come before March!

Hunger Games Movie news thread #8
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7

Visit official site

The Hunger Games (March 23 2012)

Budget $75 million
Director Gary Ross
Cast:

Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen (District 12)
Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark (District 12)
Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne
Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy
Willow Shields as Primrose Everdeen
Paula Malcomson as Mrs. Everdeen
Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket
Wes Bentley as Seneca Crane
Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman
Donald Sutherland as President Snow
Lenny Kravitz as Cinna
Toby Jones as Claudius Templesmith
Amandla Stenberg as Rue (District 11)
Dayo Okeniyi as Thresh (District 11)
Alexander Ludwig as Cato (District 2)
Isabelle Fuhrman as Clove (District 2)
Jack Quaid as Marvel (District 1)
Leven Rambin as Glimmer (District 1)
Jacqueline Emerson as Foxface (District 5)
Ian Nelson as Tribute Boy (District 3)
Latarsha Rose as Portia
Brooke Bundy as Octavia
Amber Chaney as Lavinia the avox
Kimiko Gelman as Venia
Nelson Ascencio as Flavius

Catching Fire (November 22 2013)

Latest News/Specs

Vanity Fair excerpt with Jennifer Lawrence
Quote excerpts from Gary, Josh and Jen in Vanity Fair
Inspiration of Haymitch's look by Woody Harrelson
Rue's whistle will now be a song
Video of Jackie and Amandla on THG
Willow and Amandla on THG (video)
Woody comments on humorous Haymitch
Alex Ludwig's favorite part of THG
Hunger Games cast is amazing - Stanley Tucci on film and Caesar
HG on CNN.com
Preview of Josh interview on MTV about THG (full version not released yet)
Info on music heard in teaser trailer
Amandla Stenberg on Rue in Dream magazine and LA Times
Lenny Kravtiz on Cinna and Katniss first scene
Lionsgate press release on the wrapping of the film
Gary Ross comments on the teaser
Liam's quick comment on Gale

Elizabeth Banks on Effie
Catching Fire to be Released November 22 2013
Elizabeth Banks: Only One Week Left of Shooting
Josh Encounter on Set
Steven Soderbergh joins THG
First Look at Peeta and Gale - EW
New edition of books to come out; Official movie companion information
Lenny Kravitz on Cinna
Danny Elfman will score THG
Donald Sutherland Joins THG
Message from Suzanne on the script
Jen Lawrence to sing in THG

Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Inching Close To ‘Hunger Games’ Leads? – Deadline.com
‘The Hunger Games’ Snags Josh Hutcherson And Liam Hemsworth In Today’s Dailies MTV Movies Blog
'The Hunger Games' filmmakers respond to casting of Peeta & Gale - National The Hunger Games | Examiner.com
Liam Hemsworth reads opposite brother, Chris for The Hunger Games audition
Team 'Hunger Games' talks: Author Suzanne Collins and director Gary Ross on their allegiance to each other, and their actors -- EXCLUSIVE | Inside Movies | EW.com

Larry Dias: HG set decorator
SXSW: 'Detention' star Josh Hutcherson wants to play some 'Hunger Games' | Inside Movies | EW.com
The Imminent Whitewashing Of The Hunger Games’ Heroine
Hunger Games' Casting is Continued Evidence Hollywood has Gotten Lazy – RopeofSilicon.com Movie News, Trailers, Reviews and More
EXCLUSIVE: Jennifer Lawrence Gets Lead Role in 'The Hunger Games' | The Wrap Movies

The 'Hunger Games' movie begins under ravenous scrutiny - USATODAY.com
Woody Harrelson is Haymitch
Nelson Ascencio and Kimiko Gelman as Flavius and Venia
Amber Chaney as Avox Girl
Final draft written by Suzanne Collins and Gary Ross
Toby Jones as Claudius
Lenny Kravitz joins as Cinna
Latarsha Rose and Brooke Bundy as Portia and Octavia
Jennifer of Liam and Josh
Jennifer video on HG and bonding with Josh

Latest Set Pictures/Media

Vanity Fair December 2011

Total Film - November 2011

Posters

Stills

Teaser trailer
Old 11-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just re-posting Ann's last post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter (View Post)
New pic from the Vanity Fair shoot. Can't wait for this to come out.

Quote:
While the odds may not be in favor of these actors in the arena, they certainly were in the casting room. In what was one of the most-watched casting calls for young actors since Twilight, auditions for The Hunger Games were a battle royale in their own right. Anxious to make the cut, hopefuls went all out: they covered their faces with dirt, put twigs in their hair, and wielded various weapons (including a Nerf crossbow and plastic butcher knife). It was all for the chance to play the “tributes” who fight each other to the death in contests broadcast throughout Panem (the futuristic ruins of North America) in the film adaptation of Suzanne Collins’s wildly popular young-adult novels. Ultimately, director Gary Ross took a liking to a fresh-faced cast that includes stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth, and a host of new breakout actors.
Also if you hover over the pic on VF site, you can see a short blurb about them and how they got the role, from mockingjay.net:

Q&A from Jen

Quote:
Do you worry at all about the film becoming a massive phenomenon in the way of Twilight—and what that will mean for your personal and professional life?

I try not to think too much about it. Hunger Games is not Twilight, and while I hear the comparisons, it’s really premature to say that it will be the same phenomenon. I’m so proud of the work we did on the film—Gary and the entire cast and crew were amazing, and I can’t wait for it to be brought to life because I think it’s an important story. If it does become a crazy phenomenon, I’ll soak up my freedom now!

Do you think the film will do justice in the eyes of the books’ fans?

Absolutely.

What has been the most interesting or challenging experience you’ve had on this project?

The fact that it didn’t feel like filming a movie. When we were filming in the woods, it didn’t have that Hollywood gloss—it was real snakes, real bears, and really scenes of running up and down a mountain for 13 hours.

Source
More pics from the VF shoot

Quote:
Additional quotes from VF

GARY ROSS: “My kids turned me on to it, and I went nuts,” says Ross, adding, “You rarely get a tentpole that has this much emotional depth, this much character to dive into.”

JENNIFER LAWRENCE:“Katniss is an incredible character: she’s a hunter but not a killer, a 16-year-old who’s being forced into the arena,” says Lawrence. “These kids are killing one another only because if they don’t they’ll die. It’s heartbreaking.”

JOSH HUTCHERSON: “I literally read all three books over the course of five days,” he says. “My mind was blown by how much I felt I was like Peeta. We shot in the forest near Asheville, North Carolina—a lot of fight scenes, very physically demanding. Jennifer and I totally hit it off. We’re both crazy people—we don’t hold anything back.”

GARY ROSS: “My responsibility was to Suzanne and the readers, to give them the same experience they had when they read the book. I was just so lucky that I had the cast I had.”
The issue comes out on Nov 8th.

Quote:
Woody Harrelson Created Haymitch’s Look

If you’ve been wondering about Haymitch’s blond locks since the character posters were revealed, you can stop wondering. In an interview with New York Magazine, actor Woody Harrelson seems to be saying that he was given the freedom to create Haymitch’s look himself and ended up basing it off the hair of his brother, Brett Harrelson (pictured above, who by the way, is the spitting image of Kevin Sorbo)

”I saw my brother when I was trying to come up with the best look, and that’s my brother’s hair, you know. I mean, not literally,” he laughed, “but that’s his look. So yeah, I thought, That’s perfect.“

While we’d prefer he have based the look on the books, it was great to learn that he’s a fan of the books!

Source
Here are the blurbs Ann mentioned in her post compiled in video form:

Last edited by water lilies; 11-02-2011 at 07:11 PM
Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

Love everything from VF. I have to pick up the issue.

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
Coco Chanel
Icon: http://split-loyalties.livejournal.com/
Old 11-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for the new thread, Belle.

It looks we are getting an interview on Woody tomorrow.

Quote:
MTV’s Kara Warner says that while she still can’t release her interview with Josh Hutcherson (seriously, just what did he say in it?!), she’s all set to release an interview with Woody Harrelson, which will include some juicy tidbits about his hair and his time with Jen and Josh on set of The Hunger Games!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

TFTNT. and the VF shoot.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

That VF shoot is amazing! I barely recognized Josh! The blonde hair threw me off!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know! Doesn't he look amazing?

New interview with Woody:

Quote:
Nov 3 2011 11:23 AM EDT 2,534
'Hunger Games' Is 'Staggering,' Woody Harrelson Says
'It's almost impossible to describe, it's so unusual,' he tells MTV News.

By Kara Warner (@karawarner) with reporting by Josh Horowitz (@joshuahorowitz)

For all our fellow "Hunger Games" fans out there, the wait for the film's March 23 release date is both highly anticipated and a bit painful. Lucky for us, MTV News has encountered a few of the film's principal players over the course of the past few months, like Jennifer Lawrence and director Gary Ross, who have helped tease a few key details to make the wait for the film seem slightly shorter.

Now, we are very happy to share another special cast encounter: our recent chat with Woody Harrelson, a.k.a. Haymitch Abernathy, who revealed the secrets of his character's 'do and a few teases about the look of the film, as well as how much fun he had with Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and his other co-stars.

"The hair, when I was thinking about what to do for the character, I hung out with my brother Brett, and that is exactly the way his hair is," Harrelson explained of how the long, slightly shaggy hairdo came to be. "I was like, 'OK, let's get a wig. Let's do the Brett Harrelson hair.' It's kind of cool. I really liked the look. It's a fun character, and I think it's going to be a good movie."

We asked Harrelson how closely he resembles the alcoholic, unkempt, out-of-shape former champion, as described by author Suzanne Collins in the books — like, for example, if he wore a fat suit or gained a bit of weight.

"No, I didn't want to do the paunch," Harrelson revealed. "In many ways, I tried to go against this rough, old, typical concept of what he would be like. I don't know yet that I succeeded, but I think it turned out good," he said. "I loved working with Gary Ross. I think he is just a great director, an amazing guy."

With regard to the look and feel of the big-screen adaptation, Harrelson called the visuals "staggering."

"It's almost impossible to describe, it's so unusual. Even ice in the glass, even the glasses are not normal glasses. There's nothing that you've seen before. It's real original artistic vision," he said. "I think people are going to like it."

One of the things Harrelson liked — in addition to Haymitch, of course — was working with his young co-stars, particularly Lawrence and Hutcherson.

"I think they're just marvelous actors. I think they just knocked it out of the park," he gushed. "Just as people, [they are] about as fun as it gets. They really are fun folks. It's cool, because I've never even done a sequel, and I just signed on to four movies, so we're going to be spending a lot of time together between doing the movies and press and everything, so it's great to love these guys.

"Having done this first one, I can say I do look forward to doing the next one," he added. "It wasn't a chore. It was actually the opposite; it was a lot of fun. They managed to mix business and pleasure really well, that whole group. I'd say we get after it again next year."

'Hunger Games' Is 'Staggering,' Woody Harrelson Says - MTV Movie News| MTV
Old 11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

4 movies?! Are they making "Mockingjay" into 2 parts? Of course, they have to follow suit with the end of HP & Twilight being made into 2 parts.

Jennifer Lawrence: ‘Hunger Games’ Film Will “Absolutely” Do The Book Justice « Mockingjay.net – HungerGames.org | Hunger Games Movie News | HungerGamesMovie.com

Josh Hutcherson: “My Mind Was Blown By How Much I Felt I Was Like Peeta” « Mockingjay.net – HungerGames.org | Hunger Games Movie News | HungerGamesMovie.com

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think it's been confirmed 100 percent, but they most probably are going to split the last one.

I love what Josh said.

A new HG-related movie book has been announced!

Quote:
Scholastic to Add New Title to The Hunger Games Movie Tie-In Program

Three of the movie tie-in titles will be released February 7, 2012, in advance of the much-anticipated March 2012 feature film release: The Hunger Games: Movie Tie-In Edition ($12.99, February 7, 2012, ISBN: 978-0-545-42511-7), The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion ($18.99, February 7, 2012, ISBN: 978-0-545-42290-1) and the just-announced The Hunger Games Tribute Guide, ($7.99, February 7, 2012, ISBN: 978-0-545-45782-8). The previously announced The World of The Hunger Games ($17.99, March 23, 2012; ISBN: 978-0-545-42512-4) will be released simultaneously with The Hunger Games film on March 23, 2012. Scholastic will publish and deliver all four movie tie-in titles through all of its distribution channels both domestically and internationally.

The Hunger Games Tribute Guide is a comprehensive guide to the 24 Tributes participating in Panem's 74th annual Hunger Games. Readers follow the Tributes' journey from the Reaping to the Games, with a look at all the highlights along the way--the Tribute Parade, the stations of the Training Center, the interviews, and more. The book will include exclusive information about the Tributes' strengths and weaknesses, their weapons of choice, and their experience in the Capitol before entering the arena.
Scholastic to Add New Title to The Hunger Games Movie Tie-In Program - MarketWatch
Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

He sounds so excited in the video.

Quote:
‘The Hunger Games’ Trailer Classified as ‘G’ in Canada

While Lionsgate is still completely mum about official word of a trailer preceding Breaking Dawn, a thread popped up on IMDB not long ago pointing to a Canadian trailer classification site that lists The Hunger Games trailer as being rated G and having a run time of 2 minutes and 30 seconds. With 15 days to go before Breaking Dawn’s release, this seems as good an indication as any that we’ll be seeing it on November 18!

Source
Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It must be getting closer then.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I think it is
Old 11-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally
Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I know and people were right that they were going to be releasing it with BD.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I'm so excited that it's almost here! I love how some people are going to the BD premiere just to see the HG trailer on the big screen

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray