View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
water lilies
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Lenny Kravitz talks new album, 'Hunger Games'
By Abbey Goodman, Special to CNN
June 28, 2011 -- Updated 1135 GMT (1935 HKT)

CNN: And speaking of your acting experiences, you've been cast as Cinna in "The Hunger Games." Have you read the books?

Kravitz: Of course. I'm really excited to be in it. I'm really anxious to see how they put this whole world together because if you've read the books you know the world is quite fantastical and amazing, the Capitol and the Arena.

CNN: I am a Katniss fan, of course, but Cinna feels like the heart of the series.

Kravitz: It's funny, a lot of people say that. Why do you say that?

CNN: Because he's got Katniss' back. He's very supportive, but he's also really subversive.

Kravitz: That's why ["Hunger Games" director] Gary Ross called me; because he said he'd seen Precious and he liked how I underplayed the character. It's not a similar role, but in a sense it's got a similar quality because [Nurse John] was the only backup for ["Precious"].

CNN: Have you seen costume sketches or anything?

Kravitz: Not a thing! Not a thing! That's why I'm just as curious as you.

CNN: But Cinna's not that crazy looking. He wears all black and gold eyeliner.

Kravitz: He's kinda slick, right?

CNN: Have you met Jennifer Lawrence?

Kravitz: Yes, I know her actually because she did "X-Men: First Class" with my daughter, [Zoë Kravitz], so she spent a lot of time in my house in Paris when they were filming in London. That was another thing about casting me: [Ross] said, I heard that Jennifer was in your house all summer and that you were taking care of the kids and they were cooking. I had the whole cast, like six, seven kids in my house on the movie so I got to know all of them before I had even seen them in action. So Jennifer and I ended up becoming friendly. She's really sweet. And then I saw her in "Winter's Bone" and I was like, "Oh, wow. This girl is for real."

CNN: The Hunger Games casting has been so anticipated and controversial to some extent...

Kravitz: I didn't see any online stuff, but, yeah, the fans don't play. What do you think about Woody [Harrelson] as Haymitch?

CNN: I love it!

Kravitz: It's great, right?

CNN: The casting has been pretty terrific, but also really unexpected.

Kravitz: I know I was unexpected!

Lenny Kravitz talks new album, 'Hunger Games' - CNN.com