Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

i agree about how JL has grit in her and how she's no barbie doll. i've seen her interviews, she's quite fierce and i'm a big fan of her as both an actress and a person. if they can do smt about her appearance, make her look a bit mroe liek katniss, she'll be perfect. it's all just about her being very caucasian i guess.

as for kstew... kstew is actually a very good actress but, yeah twilight just doesn't do her any favors. tbh, i don't like bella at all and it's more about the character than the actress.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:51 AM
KRM
Part-Time Fan

It's not the end of the world. But it's certainly the end of any enthusiasm I had for this film.

I think it's too easy to write off objections as being superficial. It is so much more than that. I think the books create a visual and sensory texture. Her appearance is part of Katniss's character. The relationship between her and Peeta is about two people from the opposite side of the tracks that look very different to each other. This element is not marginal to the story it is very essential to it. I have seen Winter's Bone, Burning Plain, and I've seen Jen on the Bill Engvall show. She can act and she can get the personality right. But that is not all that is needed for this role.

There is one scene in the lead up to the Hunger Games in the Capitol when Katniss's prep team arrives to doll her up. During this scene she takes note of these silly people from the Capitol with their colored hair and their colored skin. Yet here will be "Katniss" sitting there with her dyed hair, fake tan, and who else knows what foundations they'll be using to make her look 16. Oh the irony would be delicious if I didn't want to spit it out.

Well we all know what Katniss really looks like. We shouldn't allow a few studio execs to alter our stories and our own imaginations.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

You'd be surprised what they can do with makeup, so I'm not gonna judge until I have seen her in the role of Katniss. We don't know how she is going to do.. I'm sure they'll make sure she is Katniss as possible.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

Someone said before, I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else, but they auditioned A LOT of girls for Katniss. And they auditioned some absolutely high caliber amazing actresses, both young and old, so for Jennifer to ultimately win the role over all those other girls, you know she had to have done something pretty darn amazing in that audition room. I mean, the girl was nominated for an Oscar in what was basically her first lead starring role, she's definitely got chops.

And for me, what an actress can do to get into the skin of a character and make us believe that she IS Katniss is what's important to me. I would rather have someone who is the exact opposite of the physical description of a character if they truly become that character despite the fact the physical appearance is different. And to me, Jennifer is that girl. I have no doubt at all that she will blow us all away.
I love you
meghan
Old 03-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing starlight (View Post)
And for me, what an actress can do to get into the skin of a character and make us believe that she IS Katniss is what's important to me. I would rather have someone who is the exact opposite of the physical description of a character if they truly become that character despite the fact the physical appearance is different. And to me, Jennifer is that girl. I have no doubt at all that she will blow us all away.
I completely agree.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 03-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

So Jennifer got it? I had a feeling she would it seemed she was their top pick. I wonder if she will have to dye her hair or maybe they'll use a wig. As long as she ends up looking close to Katniss then I'll be happy. Now I wanna find out who's playing the rest of the characters

Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm waiting on my opinion of Jennifer - I really know nothing about her, although I'd imagine she's good w her best actress nomination. As far as physical appearance, I do hope they make the character physically similar to the description we get in the book. I also think Jennifer Lawrence would really need to tone up (and possibly lose a little weight) b/c Katniss is definitely on the slim side and would have a good amount of muscle tone/definition from bow-hunting.

I agree that acting ability and being able to really become Katniss as we know her in the book is most important and I don't care if they have to dye hair, use makeup, padding, whatever they need to as long as it's done well and it's in keeping w/ the book. I'll admit it's a pet peeve of mine when they don't make the effort to really make the character look like they appear in the book (like with Harry Potter and Dan's blue eyes versus Harry's green eyes).

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

I'm kind of the opposite.. I couldn't care less that Dan had blue eyes as apposed to green eyes as long as they stated he had the same eyes as his mother that was good by me. I was more upset in the later films when they didn't keep up Hermione's bushy hair cause that was just lazyness on their part.

I'm in the minority in that I hope Jennifer does not lose weight in the role. I think she is at a healthy weight which should be encouraged and they could definitely manage to make her look as poor as needed without her dropping the pounds.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 03-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

According to EW, an official announcement on Jennifer's casting is coming from Lionsgate SOON.

And I agree about HP and Hermione. Hermione also got blonder as the movies went on...not cool. Lol. And I'd just like to say, they were originally going to have Dan wear contacts to have green eyes for the movie, but Dan had some sort of allergic reaction to the lenses, so they scratched that plan right away.
I love you
meghan
Old 03-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

At this rate I am sure the confirmation is not going to take long at all.

Kristen|Tumblr|©
Old 03-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT.

I'm so excited that it's going to be finally official, after all the rumors. It seems like we've waited long enough.

JL's certainly a gifted actress. With the right hair, costume and makeup, she can do the role justice...the talent's definitely there.

Harry not having green eyes really bothered me, as well as Dumbledore not wearing glasses, but I got over it after a while. To me, acting's more important and how the actor embodies their role.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Annnnnd here's the official confirmation:

Quote:
It's official! Lionsgate confirmed EXCLUSIVELY to MTV News that the odds are ever in Jennifer Lawrence's favor. After months of speculation, the 20-year-old has scored the lead role in the film adaptation of Suzanne Collins' dystopian drama "The Hunger Games."

The Oscar-nominated "Winter's Bone" star beat out more than 30 actresses, including Hailee Steinfeld and Abigail Breslin, for the coveted role of District 12 tribute Katniss Everdeen.

"I’m so excited to work with Jen and see her bring this character to life," said director Gary Ross. "Katniss requires a young actress with strength, depth, complexity, tenderness and power. There are very few people alive who can bring that to a role. Jen brings it in spades. She’s going to be an amazing Katniss."

Author Suzanne also had nothing but accolades for the young woman portraying her embattled heroine. "Jennifer’s just an incredible actress. So powerful, vulnerable, beautiful, unforgiving and brave. I never thought we’d find somebody this perfect for the role. And I can’t wait for everyone to see her play it.”
(We can't eilther, Suzanne!)

With the Katniss reaping now complete, the hottest role in Hollywood is undoubtedly that of her fellow Hunger Games competitor Peeta Mellark. A number of actors have met with Lionsgate for the role including Hunter Parrish, Josh Hutcherson, Alex Pettyfer and Liam Hemsworth.
‘Hunger Games’ Casting EXCLUSIVE: Lionsgate Confirms Jennifer Lawrence As Katniss
I love you
meghan
Old 03-17-2011, 02:49 PM
KRM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
You'd be surprised what they can do with makeup
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLife (View Post)
I wonder if she will have to dye her hair or maybe they'll use a wig. As long as she ends up looking close to Katniss then I'll be happy.
Not to worry. The Capitol is good at this sort of thing.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing starlight (View Post)
now on to peeta. *chants* hunter! hunter! hunter! hunter! hunter!