Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marytill (View Post)
but it is unfair for us to put the actors down simple because they happen to appear in disney movie, such as lucas till or liam case -- the movie target younger audience not us or adults. And praise Josh's acting skill to sky high which he is not, just simple he was in adults movie for oscar buzz ( even not a major role)
Have you ever seen Josh's movies? He's not the perfect Peeta in my mind either but I know he can act. At least I want someone who can do justice to the role and not some pretty blond boy who can't act (I'm not talking about any actor, it's just an example). And he has been in movies for kids too like Journey to The Center of the Earth or Bridge to Terabithia.

And I don't think "The Kids Are Alright" it's the best movie to show his acting skills. I saw him in the unknown movie "Winged Creatures" and he's really good in it. His character never speaks but you can really see what he's feeling or thinking.
That movie gave me hope that he can play this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‘ChelsღChina (View Post)
For me it has nothing to do with looks. It's all about the chemistry and the acting. If Liam out acts Josh here or his chemistry is stronger with Jennifer than Josh's is then...

If they get Peeta right they're not going to have to worry about anything like that. It's a big if though.
People were worried about the looks. I wasn't talking about chemistry. And it doesn't matter if the actor they choose for Peeta has lots of chemistry with JL. Some people are still going to be shallow and choose Gale/Katniss if the actor that plays Gale is hotter. Besides chemistry is subjective.

And we don't know yet which actor is going to have more chemistry with Jennifer.

And I saw Liam in "The Last Song" and I can't see him as Gale at all. But if they chose JL for Katniss anything can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina* (View Post)
One thing that gives me comfort is that they did do screen tests for each one of them with Jennifer. While the romance is definitely not the most important part of the book, it is still vital, and I would be shocked if Gary chose someone with absolutely no chemistry with Jennifer. He knows this business and I am sure he is aware that the romance will be a major marketing factor to the younger audiences.

I keep thinking and thinking on why they would cast Josh over the others (if they do cast him) and the only reason I can think of is that he must have had a real kick ass audition like Jennifer did. It would be easier to cast someone who was a fan favorite and its not like Josh has an advantage like a big BO record or an Oscar nomination like Jennifer does. And I speak for mostly everybody when I say there was absolutely no way that the director/casting agents looked at him at said, "That's Peeta." If he gets it, it has to be because he performed better than the others. I can't think of any other reason. That's why I think Ross had him in mind since his audition, and they brought Jennifer in for screen tests with everybody to see if they had chemistry, and I am assuming their screen test was enough for Ross.

I've always loved Josh as an actor but I agree its an odd choice. I'm glad they are taking acting seriously, and I am guessing he had to had been great to be 'the front runner.' I feel like I should stop thinking about this.
THIS!

It would have been much easier to cast a fan favorite but I'd rather them to choose someone who can play the role and do justice to it than someone who looks physically exactly like Peeta but doesn't play the part very well. I care too much about the role and I love Peeta for who he is, not because he has blond hair.

I know we all want the character to look like the book and I'm sure they are going to do some make overs but I care a lot more about the story and the characters than the looks.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! I'm nervous for Tuesday now. DNW Josh at all I will lose hope on these movies if Josh gets the Peeta role. Not only does he look NOTHING like Peeta but he's too young as well to play JL's love interest.

Liam is far better looking which probably means the non-book readers will definitely be shipping Gale/Katniss.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No prob!!

I'm glad it's supposed to be confirmed on Tuesday, one way or the other. The casting process was really extensive so if Josh and Liam get the parts, they must have been really impressive. But just on paper and from what I've seen without being privy to their auditions, I'm just not that enthused. Maybe I haven't seen the right movies.

But the real test will be the trailer regardless, or at least some production stills.

I noticed a few of you mentioning height in the previous posts. Is it because Josh is not tall enough or what?
Old 04-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah he looks too short too. And he's younger than JL. The male is supposed to be older.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

JL looks NOTHING like Katniss and she got the part.

They have the same height and JL is only two years older than him.

Besides the kid can act and I'd rather have someone who can play the role. Also I'm sure that if they choose him they have good reasons. Because it would be easier for them to pick a fan favorite and please the fanbase.
So I'm sure that if they choose him it's because he gave one impressive audition and he does has chemistry with JL. They are smart enough to know that the romance aspect is going to help them sell the movie and they are not going to choose actors who don't have chemistry.

I'd rather not judge and wait for the trailer and the movie. At least the people in charge of the project care more about the characters and the story than the looks. And they want good actors.

And I couldn't care less if non book readers ship Gale/Katniss because of their looks. Things like that always happen and it doesn't affect the story so it means nothing.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveralways21 (View Post)

Liam is far better looking which probably means the non-book readers will definitely be shipping Gale/Katniss.
Personally I don't care about this at all. I really don't want this to be a TEAM GALE! TEAM PEETA! thing. I adore Peeta and P/K romance to pieces but you won't see me flaunting that everywhere. People can ship who they want to ship but as long as I like what I see on the screen, romance and non romance wise, I really don't care who other people are shipping or who has the majority of fans.

If more claim Liam is better looking then fine, its Peeta's personality that wins over in the end anyways. The dandelion in the sun. Like I said before the only thing that has me worried with Josh is the chemistry. For me -not the other fans- I want Katniss and Peeta to have the chemistry similar to how I feel in the books. I don't know if Josh can provide that yet but the least I can do is hope for the best.

As for the height thing, I think they're the same height: 5/7. I actually sort of picture them the same height anyways. I always pictured Gale as the real tall, manly one.

"And when it was clear, they'd park her in the middle of nowhere, sit on the hood, and watch the stars... for hours... without saying a word."

Kristen|Tumblr|©

Last edited by Stargazer*; 04-02-2011 at 02:38 PM
Old 04-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina* (View Post)
If more claim Liam is better looking then fine, its Peeta's personality that wins over in the end anyways. The dandelion in the sun. Like I said before the only thing that has me worried with Josh is the chemistry. For me -not the other fans- I want Katniss and Peeta to have the chemistry similar to how I feel in the books. I don't know if Josh can provide that yet but the least I can do is hope for the best.

As for the height thing, I think they're the same height: 5/7. I actually sort of picture them the same height anyways. I always pictured Gale as the real tall, manly one. Not like Liam.
ITA with all of these.

But I'm sure that whoever they choose for Peeta they will probably choose him for the right reasons. They know that romance is going to help this movie a lot and they are not going to choose an actor that was 0 chemistry with JL or that it's not good enough for the role. Specially since Peeta is the other character that appears a lot in the book and he's very important.

I always pictured Gale taller than them and very manly too Like he's one of those guys who looks a little bit older than his real age.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for the new thread, Belle

I'm nervous about Tuesday when they finally annnounce it, but at the same time I went casting to be more official so I don't have to be anxious about it.

That article only says they would announce Peeta on Tuesday. I wonder if Gale is as finalised as we think.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh god...I really hope it's Hunter. Please let it be a really good surprise on Tuesday! I just don't know if I can take both the leads being actors I didn't want or have to be convinced their going to be good. Josh is great and all but he looks to young and more importantly younger than JL it just would not work??
Old 04-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, i am THG fan. Is it that a bad thing to want both for Peeta: charming/handsome and good acting skill. why can't they cast some one with the look ( close and match with Jennifer Lawrence) and also with acting skill.
Now we go either: oh he is too handsome, just candy-eye, no acting skill
Or well I want someone who can ACT, I do not care about the look-- that is superficial.
Peeta is such an awesome and attractive character and is the center soul of the movie. He wins over the capitol and wins over katniss, he wins over the crowd-- some one tell me he is not good looking at all ?? because some one think good looking is superficial or candy-eye.
The have $ 60 mil -- to get actors and dye their hair and change their look for the Part?? Why can they do their job to cast some one with the look ( at least somehow a little close, not totally opposite to Peeta in the book and who can physical matched with JL in height and lover interest)( JL is opposite, but at least she is gorgoeous). And also Josh is 18 years, nothing close to Peeta-- the heroic action figure with sweetness. He can be puppy-sweet, that does not mean he is not a good actor.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't think about it anymore it will just be such a let down if come Tuesday Josh is named Peeta...I can't believe out of everyone it might be him. Cross my fingers it's not. Hunter all the way, he was born for it. lol
Old 04-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
JL looks NOTHING like Katniss and she got the part.
yeah but atleast it's easy to dye blonde hair brunette, its so hard to dye brown-haired person blonde and usually it looks terrible on the person and just in general. They'd have to dye his eyebrows too which would look weird on a guy who's not a natural blonde, and then still he'd look weird because his eyelashes will be brown. it's just so much harder to do that. Why can't they just find a natural blonde

I really want Lucas or Hunter for the role. Hell even Liam would make a better Peeta than Josh!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentyne.ice (View Post)
I can't think about it anymore it will just be such a let down if come Tuesday Josh is named Peeta...I can't believe out of everyone it might be him. Cross my fingers it's not. Hunter all the way, he was born for it. lol
It is breaking heart let down when the rumor that Josh as Peeta came out.
Why they have to destroy and let down Peeta character like that. if it is true.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Are we sure Hunter won't have a conflict with his TV show commitment? I'm just preparing myself for Josh to be Peeta.

Quote:
I'm nervous about Tuesday when they finally annnounce it, but at the same time I went casting to be more official so I don't have to be anxious about it.
Same. Even though I'm not really liking the current rumors, I'm just ready for the official news. All this waiting/speculation...I'm thinking about this way too much. I hope Gale's announced too, so it's just all done with.