Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

Yes and No. I haven't done this yet, but in the single player historical campaign mode, if you complete certain missions you get a "jedi hero" to join your forces, and trust me...you're gonna want to be the empire...b/c...yes...you unlock The Man, Darth Vader...he leads your imperial storm troopers in battle...also, it says that you can switch and play him in battle...but I haven't gotten that far so I don't know.

The other Jedi Heroes are Luke for the Rebels, Mace for the Clone Army and Count Dooku for the Seperatists. Still, this is the first game ever that allows you to use Darth Vader in actual combat. I can't wait till I'm at that point of the game. Right now, I'm doing the "single player" instant action...to learn how to play the game. It's not easy btw, you've got to master controls and fighting styles. The best so far is the Jet Clone Trooper...it's too bad he's got a lame Ion Launcher instead of a Blaster Cannon

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

But you can't kill anything with an ION launcer....
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe it's not an "ion cannon"...something like a "pulse launcher"...but it's a really lame weapon. Now, if he was equipped with a blaster rifle/thermal detonators...that would have been the best.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

What kind of damage does it do? Then again, you're just a recon, aren't you?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

No, not really. It's a good weapon against droids, but it's hard to AIM them and there's only two and then you have to reload...and you only have 8 missles before you have to replentish your supply. Your sidearm is lame...some lame blaster gun.

So far, I'm learning to play with the Clone Trooper, b/c he has good amount of hit points, good speed to move around, and the best weapon

Alex

Old 09-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Hrm, that sounds like the mag pulse that you used to be able to get as a missile weapon in the XWing games.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Elite Fan

Today I played some different classes and maps. This game is amazing. It's also fun. I'm not worried about "dying" in it...b/c you respawn...and I got to test out the Imperial Walkers today, some speeder bikes which are incredibly fast in the game like in the movie...I got to fight as a Wookie rebel...and you growl commands out...I mastered the art of taking charge in a Clone Trooper Transport ship armed with both gunners and missles...which turned out to be a bad a** ship...I still haven't fought in outer space but I will...I can't wait to pilot an X-Wing...too bad you can't get the Falcon in this game

The coolest thing is that you can order different troops to follow you and stuff...and I learned you can be a clone trooper and have two jet pack guys, one pilot and three or four more troops plus a missle trooper and watch out...it's a devastating group...even for those hard to kill droidekas...which are the clone troopers worst nightmare...esp. with their shield's down.

'lex

Old 10-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

That's it! I'm going upstairs to put the computer together right now!
Old 10-03-2004, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

I'm still doing the "instant action" game mode...but I haven't been able to beat the rebels using the imperial troops. I don't know if the game is just made that way, or there's something I'm doing wrong...but the rebels end up kicking my butt every time. Now, if I choose the rebels against the empire...I win every time. Humm...I've also figured out that my favorite is definitely the Clone army...the armor is the coolest, plus the clone trooper is an efficient killing machine...plus the jet trooper is cool to use...and for some reason...the dark trooper's jet pack doesn't last as long as the clone trooper's one. I'm serious about this...they're supposed to be "equal"...but with the Jet Trooper of the Clone army I'm able to go higher and longer in the air every time? Gosh, I still wish they would have equipped him with a blaster rifle of some sorts...or at least I wish that you could "pick up" weapons of dead soldiers around you...that would be the best

'lex

Old 10-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Elite Fan

Ok, computer is set up, but now I can't find time to play for any good length of time.....soon....soon.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Elite Fan

Ok, started in on the "Instant Action" games. I've played the following so far, just to get used to it:

Scout Trooper
Dark Trooper
Assassin Droid
Super Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
Clone Sharpshooter
Clone Trooper

So far, I love playing the clone trooper the most. Absolutely loved it.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
Ok, started in on the "Instant Action" games. I've played the following so far, just to get used to it:

Scout Trooper
Dark Trooper
Assassin Droid
Super Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
Clone Sharpshooter
Clone Trooper

So far, I love playing the clone trooper the most. Absolutely loved it.
That's the way to go..."instant action" to get used to playing the game first and learning all the diff. units.

Did you notice the diff. between the jet packs from the dark trooper to the jet trooper?

I'm with you, my fav. is the clone trooper. I've become an efficient killing machine with one of those...now I want to master the sharpshooter class. I find the controls on the x-box hard...can't imagine all the buttons you have to memorize on the keyboard man

Old 10-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

I've kept to basics so far, so I haven't figured out the jump packs yet, though I would be that the destroyer droid's rolling capability is the same as the jet pack.

Sharpshooter is fun, though it's annoying since every time you run out of ammo, you lose your zoom view.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar

Sharpshooter is fun, though it's annoying since every time you run out of ammo, you lose your zoom view.
I've completely mastered the trooper class and the jet pack trooper. I have to say that the sharpshooter is fun Yeah, the reload thing is annoying as heck.

OK...the heads up...the rebel/cis sharpshooter rifle has a double zoom which is awesome put only 4 rounds per clip.

The clone/empire have 6 rounds per clip but only a single zoon.

When I play with the Rebels...I never lose!

I figured out that I hate those freakin' droidekas. Die already

Old 10-11-2004, 03:14 AM
Elite Fan

Stupid shileds....I'll have to agree with you on that!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread