Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

I'm looking forward to enjoying my DVD's on my off day tomorrow

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

I still haven't gotten to see them yet....

Though, I heard that the making of the helmet deal on the fourth disc rocks, including some pretty keen shots of the duel between obi and anakin.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Documentary DVD will be watched first this afternoon

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I got my set today
Old 09-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

dvd set as a hole it great from the making of documentary and
Commentarie tracks by George Lucas and co to the picture transfer
all in all great value for money
Old 09-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

when i first heard that Lucas was only releasing the SEs I got mad. I wanted (and am still hoping) that he will release the OT too.

I don't think the movies he did release are bad. I actually think the changes are minimal & I really like how the emperor replaced the woman. The only problem I have is replacing Anakin's ghost with Hayden and I never did like the Jabba scene in ANH. I liked it better when Jabba was a myserty until ep VI.

the sound and picture quality is great too.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar

Though, I heard that the making of the helmet deal on the fourth disc rocks, including some pretty keen shots of the duel between obi and anakin.
Yup, 'tis awesome! My hubby, (the big SW fan in this house) was practically beside himself. "OMG check out that mean look in his eyes!!"

I don't have a problem with them sticking Hayden in at the end of ROTJ, but then again there's no such thing in my book as too much Hayden, so I may be biased.

I haven't actually read anything about the reason for it myself, but I gather that the reason (dunno if this is considered spoilerish, I'm guessing no because it's not really a secret what happens to Anakin, but here's a spoiler warning anyway just in case) is that that's how he looked before he fell to the Dark Side, which is kinda sorta when Anakin's soul "died", hence, that's how he looks after his body (what's left of it by the end of ROTJ, when he was "more machine than man") dies, hence, his ghost looks like prequel-timeline-Anakin as opposed to old-man-Anakin. Did that make sense?

I also think it was a nice touch simply because it brings the image of one of the major characters from the new movies into the OT and ties them together nicely.

Can't wait to watch the movies with the commentary tracks.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Just got done with the entire 4th disc of extra's. It was very insightful...and the 9 minute "episodeIII spoiler stuff" was great...When I actually saw them show Hayden in the Vader Costume I actually got chills...It's no surprise he fought to "get in it"...That would be so amazingly cool...to wear "THE costume" of Darth Vader. One thing was noticable...even though Hayden isn't a short guy by any means...I know he's over 6'0 tall...David P. who was the original actor in the suit was a much bulkier body...so Hayden did look a little "smaller" if that makes sense to me. Maybe they explain it via "the crossbow" later...Darth Vader needed to get stronger so he started working out...then when we see him in ANH...he's bigger than he was in ROTS

I wonder if they'll actually sell the costume of Darth Vader after the film is released and all...I mean they won't need it...I bet it goes on an auction. Wonder what that puppy would fetch...Just like Han in carbonite

I'll be watching the films with the commentaries this weekend while at work Can't wait to hear what they'll be saying

BTW...I knew I was right about "no underwear" in space thing and Carrie Fisher...no bra...OK...I feel vindicated

Alex

Old 09-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Places his head in his hands, shaking them at Alex....
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:28 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by Strifer

I bet it goes on an auction. Wonder what that puppy would fetch...Just like Han in carbonite
Now that would be something worth owning.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to watch some of the DVD's tonight.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I can finally sit down at my computer and watch the Star Wars DVD Well at least the first one . Got them yesterday, and started watching half of "A New Hope" yesterday, too. I hope Hurricane Jeanne doesn't blow out power while i watch the movie!
Old 09-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I watched 'A New Hope' last night. I don't mind some of the changes George made, but to me all the dinosaurs in Mos Eisley are just distracting.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by C h r i s
I watched 'A New Hope' last night. I don't mind some of the changes George made, but to me all the dinosaurs in Mos Eisley are just distracting.
Did he happen to add more or something?? Because it was abit crowded. I can't remember seeing that many in the 97 Special Edition!
Old 09-27-2004, 01:07 AM
Addicted Fan

yay i got mine!! im sooo excited but i cant watch it yet cuz i have homework . hopefully ill see it later.

YAY!!

Bhery
Old 09-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Elite Fan

They indeed were in the Special Edition, though there may be more of them, I'm not sure, though, I still haven't seen ANH yet, I'm waiting for my daughter to be able to see them with me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread