Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 04:16 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrapop (View Post)
if the blue ray has more, you bet i'll be capping/icon-ing it
Thanks Jeslyn! It won't be quite the same as being able to see it myself, but better than not seeing it at all.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:58 AM
New Fan

I've only seen it twice. My parents won't let me go again.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obession (View Post)
I've only seen it twice. My parents won't let me go again.
aww ... Although I admit that I have a hard time justifying seeing somehting more than once in the theatre. Maybe you'll get the DVD for Christmas?

ETA - TrekWeb.com - Orci and Kurtzman to Begin Writing Star Trek XII Script in July, Praise Fan Community
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great news!

I finally saw this tonight.. FINALLY. I had Transformers: RoTF, Star Trek and Terminator on my list to see this summer.. just have to see Terminator now.

Honestly, this movie was amazing. I remember being a little kid watching this with my mom and dad, so I totally knew enough (even though I was quite young ) to get everything that happened, know all their personalities, etc. I think everyone did an amazing job, it was seriously just amazing.

Also? I cried in the first like 5 10 minutes. That's pretty hard to do.
growing up. moving on.

Last edited by allybubba; 07-03-2009 at 12:40 AM
Old 07-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, I don't go to the same movie twice, save the money and buy the DVD...
Old 07-03-2009, 05:49 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'm cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)

Honestly, this movie was amazing. I remember being a little kid watching this with my mom and dad, so I totally knew enough (even though I was quite young ) to get everything that happened, know all their personalities, etc. I think everyone did an amazing job, it was seriously just amazing.

Also? I cried in the first like 5 10 minutes. That's pretty hard to do.
Glad you liked it and felt that the new actors were loyal to the original characters. That was a big thing for me.

The scene of Winona & George Kirk saying goodbye to each other was very well done.

When you've seen Terminator, be sure to come back and let us know what you think of Anton Yelchin in that movie compared to his role as Chekov.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I will for sure, haha. My dad was like 'He was a bit too Russian.' and I was like 'He's 17.. I think by the time we see him, he's improved. '

But yea.. the first 10 minutes just totally got me.
growing up. moving on.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
I will for sure, haha. My dad was like 'He was a bit too Russian.' and I was like 'He's 17.. I think by the time we see him, he's improved. '
Yeah, the accent was pretty thick. You're right though that people's accents tend to fade a bit over time. The scene of the computer not accepting his authorization codes was funny. I wonder if he'll tone it down a bit for the next movie?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Yeah, the accent was pretty thick. You're right though that people's accents tend to fade a bit over time. The scene of the computer not accepting his authorization codes was funny. I wonder if he'll tone it down a bit for the next movie?
Yea, he was adorable. I'm sure it will be a bit better by the second movie, and they'll probably even take notice of it.

Who do you think portrayed the original's the best? And least?
growing up. moving on.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:37 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Who do you think portrayed the original's the best? And least?
Good question. The only one I've had a hard time accepting is Karl Urban as Bones McCoy. I felt that both Chris Pine & Zach Quinto did excellent jobs with their characters. Really, if people didn't buy into the Kirk & Spock recasts, I doubt that the movie would have been very successful.

I'm interested to read other people's thoughts on this.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No way! I thought he was great. He talked out the side of his mouth and everything, even the way he stood.

I thought they all were amazing, though. I guess if I had to pick the least it'd be Uhura. It's hard because they were all so good.
growing up. moving on.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It's true that he did have the mannerisms, but he still struck me as off. Maybe it was the smuggling Kirk on the Enterprise, although that was necessary for the plot. Also, the constant jabbing him with needles,

Quote:
I guess if I had to pick the least it'd be Uhura.
Really? She was a bit different than the original, but I bought into it.
Quote:
It's hard because they were all so good.
Yes, they were. That's probably contributed to the film's success.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think a lot of that was for a laugh, but also to get him onto the ship he had to do it.. it worked for me.

Yea, to me she was just playing someone, not really Uhura, but she was still good enough, lol.

And yea, I think if they had all been poorly portrayed the film would get a lot of heat, so I think it worked out very well.
growing up. moving on.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
I think a lot of that was for a laugh, but also to get him onto the ship he had to do it.. it worked for me.
Agreed, but I thought that they did it once too often.

Star Trek leaves the top 10
Quote:
"Star Trek" picked up $1.7 million over the weekend, and after eight weeks, finally leaves the top 10 -- an impressive run for the film that is now getting some buzz for Best Picture at the Oscars. That brings its total to $249.9 million domestically, enough to land it in the top 50 highest-grossing films of all time. "Star Trek" has a lot of staying power, still holding on to a lot of its audience, and only losing about 30 percent at a time.

It is the third-highest grossing film of 2009 behind "Up" ($264.8 million) and "Revenge of the Fallen."

"Star Trek" likely will fall out of the top 12 next weekend.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
not sure if i am happy or sad about that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread