Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

My preference is for a Voyager or DS9 movie, rather than another TOS. I'll eventually see it either way, though.

Besides, we only got one season of Ezri, and that is just not enough.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'd rather that they move ahead to something set in the future and give the franchise a fresh start. References to or brief cameos by established characters would be okay, but I don't think it shoud be focussed on them.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Are you talking about a whole new series kinda idea? That'd be cool. Just have to have a Vulcan tho
Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Extreme Fan

BUT looking at the new poster at startrek.com, it seems that they ARE going for the prequel idea, well I HOPE I'M WRONG! but we'll see..
Old 08-04-2006, 04:53 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Yeah, all the rumours indicate a prequel featuring Kirk & Spock in their younger days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat
Are you talking about a whole new series kinda idea? That'd be cool. Just have to have a Vulcan tho
Oh, I'd want them to use established species as far as that goes. It wouldnt' be Trek without Vulcans, Klingons, Romulans ... Borg.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder who would be cast as Spock? It's hard to duplicate the original , but none-the-less, I'll still love 'em!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

For me it depends on the execution. A prequel premise doesn't excite me. On the other hand, the premise of Prison Break didn't excite me either, but I watched because of the reviews, and it was a great show. So a prequel could be great, but by not having an exciting premise it handicaps itself starting out.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:22 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Very true. While not enthusiastic about the idea of featuring a young Kirk and Spock, if the casting is strong and it has a good storyline, it could be a pleasant surprise. I often find that having low expectations is a good thing, then I'm not disappointed if the movie totally sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat
I wonder who would be cast as Spock? It's hard to duplicate the original , but none-the-less, I'll still love 'em!
Do you have any suggestions? There's been rumours of Matt Damon as Kirk, so the characters aren't going to be teenagers.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Do you have any suggestions? There's been rumours of Matt Damon as Kirk, so the characters aren't going to be teenagers.
I honestly have no idea! Someone fairly tall with possibly dark brown hair and has to resemble LN a bit...hmm....no clue...
Old 08-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Nobody comes to mind for me either.

The latest rumours are that the new movie will either be set at Starfleet Academy, or be Kirk's first voyage as captain of Enterprise. That kind of fits with the rumours of Matt Damon being cast as Kirk, since he's a little old to be playing Kirk too young.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

That'd be cool for the Starfleet Academy. Kirk's first voyage would be cool too. Meeting all the cast and stuff. What's going on in Kirk's mind...His views on the crew, cause I don't think he ever covered his views on them. We only saw pre-existing relationships...I think...(I've keep missing the pilot)
Old 09-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Apparently Matt Damon is denying that he's been approached regarding taking the role of Kirk. More info here.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Hmmm... tho I do see him as the best candidate.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

You think? I'm not sure, but I don't know who else to suggest either. The rumours have been well publicized for months, I'm surprised that he's just now denying them if he's not interested in the role.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wish we could see Dennis Haysbert as a captain.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread