Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2015, 04:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow... now that you've reminded me of all of the things you mentioned, I have to say that this show really made the characters do a lot of horrible things, but still, the audience always forgave them (me included)

ETA:
It would be kind of hypocritical if they wouldn'T forgive Caroline.
But let's just hope it doesn't even go that far. Maybe there won't be that much to forgive because no!humanity Caroline won't do a lot of terrible things.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsyntheMinded (View Post)
You're right.

I'm so curious about Stefan's storyline with Caroline and his mother.

I hope Stefan gets lots of screen time with his mother and Damon. As much as I love Steroline the fact that Stefan only interacts with her now is starting to get weird. I was used to it with Caroline because she's a supporting character but he's a lead and this lack of screen time is seriously starting to get odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummelchen (View Post)
Wow... now that you've reminded me of all of the things you mentioned, I have to say that this show really made the characters do horrible things, but still, the audience always forgave them (me included) [

ETA:
It would be kind of hypocritical if they wouldn'T forgive Caroline.
But let's just hope it doesn't even go that far. Maybe there won't be that much to forgive because no!humanity Caroline won't do a lot of terrible things.

Yeah the audience is morally bankrupted according to Julie Plec. None of the characters are saints. I see them as all bad but some find it easier to be bad.

I think after 5x13 when Damon tried to kill Jeremy and the next week the TVD twitter trend was #RippahDamon and everyone was tweeting enthusiastically I realized that these characters can do anything and get away with it. Caroline killing Sarah will just be considered badass like that time she killed the cops in season 2 or Luke in season 5.

They would be the biggest hypocrites if they judged her. I'd want her to find new friends

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 02-26-2015 at 04:45 AM
Old 02-26-2015, 04:54 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I hope Stefan gets lots of screen time with his mother and Damon. As much as I love Steroline the fact that Stefan only interacts with her now is starting to get weird. I was used to it with Caroline because she's a supporting character but he's a lead and this lack of screen time is seriously starting to get odd
I do agree a little bit. Maybe it was for a good reason and we get the pay-off after the hiatus Or Paul asked for less screentime or anything like that?
icon credit: AlwaysCB | Tumblr| Sandy
Old 02-26-2015, 05:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks Elenabelle for posting the spoilers in the op! I'll also try to find some of the ones that relate to the oncoming episodes too.

I definitely think Caroline's plan for Stefan involves Sarah and I'm hoping the reason stefan isn't with Alaric and Enzo is because he's with Sarah. We know that vamps with their humanity off feel jealously based on how Elena reacted to sc dancing. I could see caroline reacting if there was a sweet moment between stefan and Sarah. Maybe she would kill her but I really really hope the writers don't take it that far because even if stefan forgave her, it would be like she killed his child and I can't see caroline allowing herself to be with stefan after all that. Ugh just thinking about it makes me sick. Yes Alaric killed Caroline's dad but she isn't in a relationship with him. Damon never succeeded killing off Jeremy. I think caroline will attack Sarah but please no to killing her.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 02-26-2015, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

^You're welcome. Did you see the comment from Julie about Stefan acting unexpectedly because I don't recall where it came from?

I also hope she doesn't kill Sarah. I want them to be friends and I want Stefan to have somebody he can talk to so I don't have to rely on Damon when Stefan needs advice I don't know if Mama Salvatore will stick around to lend support. I still don't think it will be that big of a deal. Not if Stefan could get over Lexi and Uncle Zach's murders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsyntheMinded (View Post)
I do agree a little bit. Maybe it was for a good reason and we get the pay-off after the hiatus Or Paul asked for less screentime or anything like that?
Let's hope. I miss Defan. I also think he might have discussed the lack of screentime because Julie said she'd only allow them to direct if they were serious and did proper preparation, went to workshops and watched the other directors in action. So he might prefer to be behind the camera to get the director experience for now.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 02-26-2015 at 05:46 AM
Old 02-26-2015, 05:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

They would be the biggest hypocrites if they judged her. I'd want her to find new friends
Caroline can be pretty hypocritical as well. If she does kill Sarah, just let Stefan kill one of Caroline's relatives off, we have to make it even.

I can't believe you wouldn't care, I am an SC fan, but if Caroline does something to Sarah with full intentions of hurting Stefan, then I could not support them anymore. I don't want SC like every other couple. I don't want them to follow status quo on this show and forgive me for being a fan who is not morally bankrupt. The day I stopped liking SE was when Stefan threatened Elena's life on Wickery Bridge and the day DE become absolutely repulsive in my eyes was when Damon "killed" Jeremy. It might be okay on this show, but there are still fans who find these expectations gross.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree with you.
I don't don't don't DON'T want Caroline to hurt Sarah.
And from what we've heard so far, there is no real indication of that happening. I guess it's just our overactive minds. All we have is this super short Sarah scene from the promo and a three week long hiatus that drives us crazy and helps us develop the craziest theories
Old 02-26-2015, 06:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
^You're welcome. Did you see the comment from Julie about Stefan acting unexpectedly because I don't recall where it came from?
Spoiler:

Quote:
And they're going to a karaoke the episode afterwards so whatever happens doesn't lead to a depressed Caroline. Was it confirmed that Paul was there when they shot the karaoke scene? I don't remember seeing anything.
Yes! He was filming with her in the karaoke bar. There's a video of Candice filming his chair.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted Goddess (View Post)
Caroline can be pretty hypocritical as well. If she does kill Sarah, just let Stefan kill one of Caroline's relatives off, we have to make it even.

I can't believe you wouldn't care, I am an SC fan, but if Caroline does something to Sarah with full intentions of hurting Stefan, then I could not support them anymore. I don't want SC like every other couple. I don't want them to follow status quo on this show and forgive me for being a fan who is not morally bankrupt. The day I stopped liking SE was when Stefan threatened Elena's life on Wickery Bridge and the day DE become absolutely repulsive in my eyes was when Damon "killed" Jeremy. It might be okay on this show, but there are still fans who find these expectations gross.
Caroline can be a hypocrite for sure. I hated how she treated Tyler after she slept with Klaus. Those are the only scenes of hers I can't re-watch. And I also stopped shipping DE eventually because of what he did to her. I'm really talking about the general audience who don't pay such close attention being forgiving and not invested viewers who remember everything that happened. But to me if you have a switch flipped you can't stop yourself from doing the bad things which is why I can excuse it. The time that I was most mad at Caroline was when she participated in Tyler's friend Chris getting murdered and that's because she had 100% control of her actions and emotions. The switch makes a difference to me. I'm not saying she shouldn't feel guilty and apologize and deal with the consequences of her actions. I'm actually hoping dealing with the consequences is the bigger part of the story and she flips it back soon. I'm still annoyed Elena didn't apologise to Caroline but I'm just saying I don't think it will be considered unforgivable and I wouldn't hate her for it because I'd understand why she did it. We know that Caroline doesn't want to hurt Stefan. If her humanity is flipped if she hurts him it's because her ability to care has been compromised. You wouldn't judge somebody who can think rationally to someone who is mentally incapable of of doing so because it wouldn't be fair.

E.T.A: So you still shipped SE when Klaus compelled Stefan to flip it and he bit Elena?

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 02-26-2015 at 07:32 AM
Old 02-26-2015, 06:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummelchen (View Post)
I agree with you.
I don't don't don't DON'T want Caroline to hurt Sarah.
It will be so LOW if the writers do that. But I think if Enzo and ~~Alaric ~~ are teaming up, Caroline will definitely be dangerous somehow.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanycutrim (View Post)
Spoiler:

Yes! He was filming with her in the karaoke bar. There's a video of Candice filming his chair.
Thanks. I'll add it to the spoiler post in the OP

That's good. I wonder if she'll make Stefan sing too
Old 02-26-2015, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think Care will do something really bad, because they're hanging out in 6x18...or maybe if Dark!Steroline are real in 6x18, they both don't really care about anything and are just having fun!

Old 02-26-2015, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

Yeah me either. Unless Stefan is just keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't do anything else. But I really think that they've already done over the top crazy with Elena so they'll try something different with Caroline. Especially if it's suppose to be unexpected. They made it sound like she had control and that they'd have to make her lose it. Not like she was going crazy by herself.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

The complete lack of information as to Stefan's whereabouts in the synopsises has me convinced he has gone dark.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

^I'm getting that feeling too and it would make sense as to why they have been emphasizing his guilt so much. The spoilers/synopsis don't make Caroline sound like an evil mastermind but just someone trying to live her life but getting pestered by the others.

I think the ultimatum will be a simple request to be left alone and not some huge threat. The other bad stuff could just be accidental because of the pestering.