Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
“No, I don’t think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.”
—Rhett (Gone with the Wind)
A Little Space Inside My Mind - “No, I don’t think I will kiss you, although you...

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Best movie couple EVER. love them so much <3333
musicfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
10. Gone with the Wind (1939)
Directed by Victor Fleming

The sweeping tale of the Civil War, a plantation named Tara, and a girl named Scarlett O'Hara was long thought of as the ultimate ''women's picture.'' But it's really Hollywood's most tragic romance.
Movies: 10 All-Time Greatest | Photo 1 of 10 | EW.com
Gio Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

I have to be added

One of my favorite movie (and book) couples of all time. How she was so stubborn and how he loved her from the moment he saw her. I read "Scarlett" and there weren't enough scenes between them in it. Haven't been able to watch the sequel, but I can't say I was that impressed with the book. GWTW is a classic, and both book and movie are incredible. And these two are a major reason why.

This might be my favorite scene:

Old 10-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

that gif
Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Tammi!

I love that scene. The way he kisses her

I've been wanting to re read GWTW, there are so many little moments that are expanded upon in the book. I love how he comforts her when she has nightmares.

I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'll never understand or forgive myself. And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot. There's one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names......Here's a soldier of the South who loves you, Scarlett. Wants to feel your arms around him, wants to carry the memory of your kisses into battle with him. Never mind about loving me, you're a woman sending a soldier to his death with a beautiful memory. Scarlett! Kiss me! Kiss me...

Old 10-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Carollll

I think the book actually fleshes them out a lot more than the movie, which is expected ofc
Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Definitely!

I really love both. Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh had some amazing chemistry. I love the way he would look at her, like he saw right through her. And loved her anyway
Old 10-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loveeee their chemistry You can see how strong the attraction was between Scarlett and Rhett
Old 10-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

And I love how Scarlett is this spoiled, bratty girl in the beginning and how she really comes into her own and gets things done, no matter what she has to do or who she has to marry (). Vivien was the perfect Scarlett and Clark the perfect Rhett. Truly one of the greatest movie couples of all time. If not the greatest.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think their chemistry is truly the reason why this movie is so iconic.

Scarlett is one of my favorite female characters in general. I think you can see how hard she fights for everything she has, and she sort of takes on that male role and becomes the caretaker in every way, sacrificing herself, etc. Even when she makes clearly selfish decisions, you can see the brokeness behind it, etc. Rhett is the only one who got her.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Scarlett is one of my favorite female characters in general. I think you can see how hard she fights for everything she has, and she sort of takes on that male role and becomes the caretaker in every way, sacrificing herself, etc. Even when she makes clearly selfish decisions, you can see the brokeness behind it, etc.
YES! She's one of mine as well. I hate when she's only referred to soley as a bitch, when yeah she can be that, but there's so much more to her. I love seeing her grow throughout the film and in the book. The war changes her and she's strong and survives it all, and yes, takes on an almost male role to get things done because that was the only way to do it. She scandalized everyone and I loved it. Rhett saw who she was from the very start and loved her all the more for it. He waiting forever to have her. And she was still hung up on this idea of Ashley, when she and Rhett were always two sides of the same coin. Perfect for each other in every way.

I feel like watching my DVD now. I bought a four disc collectors edition years ago and the quality is fantastic, even though I saw a bluray that's supposed to be even better. I don't know if I'll fall for that, though I'm a little tempted since I just recently bought a bluray player.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol14 (View Post)
YES! She's one of mine as well. I hate when she's only referred to soley as a bitch, when yeah she can be that, but there's so much more to her. I love seeing her grow throughout the film and in the book. The war changes her and she's strong and survives it all, and yes, takes on an almost male role to get things done because that was the only way to do it. She scandalized everyone and I loved it. Rhett saw who she was from the very start and loved her all the more for it. He waiting forever to have her. And she was still hung up on this idea of Ashley, when she and Rhett were always two sides of the same coin. Perfect for each other in every way.

I feel like watching my DVD now. I bought a four disc collectors edition years ago and the quality is fantastic, even though I saw a bluray that's supposed to be even better. I don't know if I'll fall for that, though I'm a little tempted since I just recently bought a bluray player.
people who call her a bitch.... they clearly don't understand a complicated female character

Rhett always saw past her facade and really saw her, they really were two sides of the same coin!

I WANT THE BLURAY so badly
Old 10-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
people who call her a bitch.... they clearly don't understand a complicated female character
Right.

I think I'm gonna have to watch some of their scenes before I go out today/tonight.

Quote:
I WANT THE BLURAY so badly
I know. I want it now too.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh they have so many good scenes. I wanna read some good fanfic of them too
Reply   Post New Thread