Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Come to think of it that would be intresting
Old 05-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

It would definitely be interesting. I can see Alba saying something along the lines of Jane and Michael still being married in the eyes of God and the church and that she vowed to stick by him, for better or worse. Some JR fans are taking it as fact that she's going to reject Michael in seconds and go back to Rafael, and while I think Jane would be confused/upset at Michael, I don't think she'd be so cold as to not try and help him through his amnesia or whatever ordeal. Her love for Michael isn't going to shut off like a switch.

I don't think it'll happen quite like this, but I keep picturing a scene where Jane takes Michael over to the Villanueva house to see if he'll remember her family and Rogelio is so happy to see him and going overboard like usual. Then Michael turns to Jane and says, "who the hell is this crazy man?" or something like that.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

OMGGGGG whaaaaaaaaaat??? Is Michael back??? I stopped watching the show when they killed him off..[I still haven't had the courage to watch that episode yet]. My friend just told me Michael is back..I couldn't believe it. Is it really Michael tho?
Old 05-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
OMGGGGG whaaaaaaaaaat??? Is Michael back??? I stopped watching the show when they killed him off..[I still haven't had the courage to watch that episode yet]. My friend just told me Michael is back..I couldn't believe it. Is it really Michael tho?
We're not certain that it's Michael yet, but in interviews, Jennie has ruled out a twin and talking about how she'll accommodate Brett and be able to film his scenes while he films his new show. I doubt she'd go through this much trouble for a fake Michael which would only need an episode or two at most so it's likely him. It wouldn't be a soap/telenovela without a back from the dead trope.

I quit watching the show when I first learned of Michael being killed off and haven't been back to it since. I don't plan on going back either until the end of the season and that's only if it plays out in Michael's favor. I will however watch whatever Michael/Jane scenes we get out of this on YouTube. It'll be great to see them again regardless .
Old 05-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
We're not certain that it's Michael yet, but in interviews, Jennie has ruled out a twin and talking about how she'll accommodate Brett and be able to film his scenes while he films his new show. I doubt she'd go through this much trouble for a fake Michael which would only need an episode or two at most so it's likely him. It wouldn't be a soap/telenovela without a back from the dead trope.

I quit watching the show when I first learned of Michael being killed off and haven't been back to it since. I don't plan on going back either until the end of the season and that's only if it plays out in Michael's favor. I will however watch whatever Michael/Jane scenes we get out of this on YouTube. It'll be great to see them again regardless .
Thanks so much for the info..I've been so out of the loop with this show just b/c I couldn't accept his death. But I will def be watching their scenes..I saw Chiqa's post "I think Michael has been too absent from the series in the last two seasons to come back and be Jane's endgame. I just don't want them to **** on their relationship in the final season." This makes sense..I don't know what has been happening on this show but I believe Rafael/Jane is probably endgame, so I'd prefer them to at least give Jane and Michael a decent story line with some dignity.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

We're going to be coming up on a new thread soonish. Anyone have any title ideas? Maybe something like, "he's back and so are we!" or something from Michael's letter to Jane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
Thanks so much for the info..I've been so out of the loop with this show just b/c I couldn't accept his death. But I will def be watching their scenes..I saw Chiqa's post "I think Michael has been too absent from the series in the last two seasons to come back and be Jane's endgame. I just don't want them to **** on their relationship in the final season." This makes sense..I don't know what has been happening on this show but I believe Rafael/Jane is probably endgame, so I'd prefer them to at least give Jane and Michael a decent story line with some dignity.
You're welcome . I've been out of the loop with this show too and know very little about what's going on. Shows how much I love Michael to even be marginally interested in what's coming up .

I'm banking on a JR endgame with Michael acting as the prop to get them there because I guess Rafael just literally needs to be chosen over Jane's thought-to-be-dead husband for him to get over his insecurities (major , I hope with everything in me that it doesn't boil down to this because what a waste). But for as much Jennie says she's had the ending planned for years and Michael's death planned, she has brought him back, which wasn't part of the plan. And they've changed a lot of this story when it's come to Michael/JM; killing him off later than planned, getting them married, etc. So, there is a sliver of a chance for him and plenty of avenues they can take. It just depends how much Jennie and Co. are willing to bend. I don't expect anything, but they've surprised me before .

Most of all, I agree with your want for Jane and Michael to have a decent storyline with some dignity. Their love story is one of the best ones I've seen on TV in a long time. It doesn't deserve to be downgraded and ruined to validate another ship.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree jm is a very mature couple or was and they shouldn't regress to prop another ship
Old 05-05-2018, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

honestly, i just don't understand why we would need to destroy JM for JR. The only solution I'll accept is a split between the book and real life outcomes...JM should be together

I need Michael's amnesia to not last that long too.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Saw this ET Canada video clip earlier today with Brett on it, talking about his return to JTV. He also confirmed that Michael has not been in hiding all this time because he never would've left Jane for five years (and honestly those who thought it in the first place don't know Michael at all; it's one thing when he did it for a set amount of months in season 2 and another to pull this stunt for years). So it's definitely down to amnesia/kidnapping provided of course it's him, which I'm assuming it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
honestly, i just don't understand why we would need to destroy JM for JR. The only solution I'll accept is a split between the book and real life outcomes...JM should be together
I fear the show would have to do this in some way, because in canon, we've seen Jane choose Michael numerous times whenever she's had to make a decision about her love life. If the point of Michael returning is for Jane to realize she was ~meant to be~ with Rafael whether Michael was in the picture or not, they need to have a reason for her to no longer want to be with Michael. The Jane I know from canon (and granted, this means little these days as I haven't seen the show in forever), upon knowing her husband was alive, while she would be upset and confused, she'd go back to Michael, try to help him to get better and get through this ordeal. Try to get back the time and future they'd lost. Because as much as she may have grown to love Rafael, he is not Michael, the one who still has her heart and soul. The one who she wanted back in her life from the minute he died (who wouldn't hope for a dead loved one to come back somehow, some way?). But if they want a JR ending, they need to veer away from canon. The reason they come up with doesn't even need to be something Earth-shattering that would truly ruin their story, like Michael being evil or changed too much for Jane to even want to be back with him. It could just be something about the time apart/Jane's feelings have changed/being with Michael isn't the same as it once was, or some combination of the three. In a way, that still ruins their story, because they overcame so much together, and vowed to be together for better or worse, til' death do they part. Jane obviously doesn't have to stay in a marriage she's no longer happy in and she has the right to move on. But it would be cold of her to reject Michael right away for Rafael and not even bother to help him. It's also a whole new level of heartbreak if she tries staying in the marriage, help Michael get better, then still leave him for Rafael, especially if she's able to recover Michael's memories. Imagine he comes to remember Jane and their love story, but now she has to tell him she no longer feels the same for him, after everything she did to get him to remember. Imagine when he finds out she's now in love with the man she chose over him once before and what caused them to break the engagement the first time. It's a mess, but again, if they want a JR ending, these are things I fear will happen to get them there. It completely cheapens her choice, because it had to take Michael literally being gone from her life for years, due to something out of their control, for her to even pick Rafael at the end of it all, but if Jennie insists on a planned JR ending, I doubt she's thinking deeply about these factors. The only thing that will salvage it is if Jane's book and her real life have two different outcomes (and of course if Jane once again chooses Michael, because this would all be moot).

Last edited by bscgirl99; 05-07-2018 at 02:56 AM
Old 05-13-2018, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Brett pilot was not picked up so we could have Micheal longer
Old 05-13-2018, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

^ I was literally just coming here to say that . I'm sad his pilot didn't get picked up; I would've liked to see it. But I'm also hoping this means we'll be seeing Michael a lot more, at least for a majority of the season.

I was thinking back to the line in the pilot about Michael being an illustrious detective. Perhaps he gets that title by taking Rose down once and for all? It would certainly bolster his career.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh man, I'm sad for Brett. But NGL, I'll be happy to have more of him on the show. Hopefully, they don't mess it up! I have to say though, as horrible as it was to see him die, the show did justice in terms of remembering Michael especially how Jane and Rogelio grieved over his death.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-14-2018, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

I'll be happy to have more of him on the show too, and now they don't have to cram in filming all of his scenes during the one week periods he would've had off from filming the new show. Despite the fact that I haven't watched the show since hearing of Michael's death, I love this cast and am looking forward to seeing Brett interact with everyone BTS again when filming starts.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I’m actually really sad brett’s pilot didn’t get picked up. I wanted to see it
Old 05-17-2018, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Me too.

In other news, per Upfronts, JTV is coming on midseason so we're not going to see the outcome of Michael's return until January at least.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread