Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2018, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer124 (View Post)
With all the Dawson's Creek talk, it made me wonder if the writers might do a similar thing to please both fanbases, by making Jane end up with one guy in real life and the other guy in the book she writes (that I presume becomes JTV, the TV show, that is narrated by adult Mateo). It is way more typically soap opera-y for her to end up with her back-from-the-dead love of her life (this same storyline is happening on General Hospital with one of their supercouples) and the writers have changed SO much when it comes to Michael, that I'm not 1000% convinced this story ends with Raf/Jane. Also, I'm kind of tired of all the smugness from Raf/Jane fans who just take it as fact that Michael is an obstacle and nothing more.
I wish that would happen but I need to know, before I start watching again. Oh and no, I won’t “catch up” on what I missed. Why bother? No offense, but from what I know, I don’t like. Not just with RJ but the others as well. It’s just a hot mess.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was just thinking about the Dream/Jasam scenario from general hospital too. The person who "comes back to life" is almost always the winner tbh; it's a set up for angst.

I do keep thinking of all the scenes we could get now that michael is alive, like
- mateo/michael scenes
- michael getting to see jane's book

The only way I can think this storyline is actually going to pan out is that jane is ~different from 3 years ago jane, and michael doesn't fit in her life anymore and rafael does? it's kind of a cheap choice, but its the only one that makes sense if they are set on j/r.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I was just thinking about the Dream/Jasam scenario from general hospital too. The person who "comes back to life" is almost always the winner tbh; it's a set up for angst.

I do keep thinking of all the scenes we could get now that michael is alive, like
- mateo/michael scenes
- michael getting to see jane's book
This is what I'd like to think too, that the one back from the dead has the advantage. For all the talk about JR being the telenovela couple, the same can be said for JM as well, albeit in a different fashion. Michael and Jane faced their share of obstacles but despite those, they pulled through and she continued to choose him. Plus, there's something so totally telenovela/soap about a couple who finds their way back together, even through the impossible, like death. It's so romantic.

Then I think about Jennie's insistence on JR and pout about more wasted potential . I'm just hoping there's a shot at this not being so clear-cut. Until last week, I assumed the planned ending all along was JR together and Michael dead, but he's back and I have to believe it's for something other than getting heartbroken. For as much as Jennie claims she sticks to a plan, she's changed quite a bit of this story, especially when it's come to Michael.

I'm so excited for those scenes, especially Michael interacting with an older Mateo. He was still a baby when Michael saw him last . I do wonder how Jane will explain this to him though, it's a lot for her to take in so it'd be even harder for someone his age to understand why someone who was presumed dead is living again.

Looking forward to Michael/Rogelio scenes also and him with Faith M. Whiskers III. Does Jane still have that cat?

Quote:
With all the Dawson's Creek talk, it made me wonder if the writers might do a similar thing to please both fanbases, by making Jane end up with one guy in real life and the other guy in the book she writes (that I presume becomes JTV, the TV show, that is narrated by adult Mateo).
I had this same thought the other night, and I could see the show doing this actually, to keep both fanbases happy. Like, we see JR get married at the end, but we find out that in real life, she's married to Michael, or the other way around. I'd be fine with that. I read a theory long ago back when Michael first "died" that talked about this and part of the theory for Michael's death was that Jane had to kill him off in the book for drama, but he was alive in real life and we'd see that at the end of the show.

Another thing that came to my mind about the book: The first words Jane writes are the first words from the pilot (according to others who have gone back and checked). So we know she was with Rafael at the time of starting the book, which could explain why all of their early scenes in season 1 are heightened with all that romance. I wonder if next season, she begins to write the Michael parts of the book, how they met, fell in love, and eventually got together, and as she does, and shows these parts to Michael to help him remember who he is and what they were to each other, they fall in love again. Bonus points if there's eventually a scene where she has to write about Michael's death and she realizes how hard it was to lose him and how happy she is that he's alive and safe.

Either way, we now know that Jane has penned many great narrations we've heard about JM, including:

"In novelas, this is known as an encuentro significativo, or a "significant encounter." It's the moment when two people who are meant for each other have their first encounter."

"And that's when she saw him. And he saw her." (from when they look at each other across the pool, and was said a couple of times in season 2 when they saw each other)

"When Jane Gloriana Villanueva was exactly 24 years, eight months and 17 days old, she had the most romantic night of her life." (when they got back together in season 2. one of my favorites)

Quote:
It is way more typically soap opera-y for her to end up with her back-from-the-dead love of her life (this same storyline is happening on General Hospital with one of their supercouples) and the writers have changed SO much when it comes to Michael, that I'm not 1000% convinced this story ends with Raf/Jane. Also, I'm kind of tired of all the smugness from Raf/Jane fans who just take it as fact that Michael is an obstacle and nothing more.
I completely agree, I'm not totally convinced as everyone else is either for those same reasons. I'm just very hesitant to jump back in fully with my own heart and trust until I know how it all turns out. I'm hoping for the best, but also expecting the worst.

I'm sick of all the smugness about Michael as well. They could be right, but the season hasn't even been written yet. And Michael is far from being an obstacle, he was Jane's choice, great love of her life and her husband. A marriage isn't an obstacle, or shouldn't be one at least. It shouldn't all be diminished for a ship. I hope they find some way to tie this all together nicely.

Quote:
I wish that would happen but I need to know, before I start watching again. Oh and no, I won’t “catch up” on what I missed. Why bother? No offense, but from what I know, I don’t like. Not just with RJ but the others as well. It’s just a hot mess.
Yeah, I'm not interested in catching up on what I missed either, except for the JM scenes I didn't see before he died (because now I can watch those without feeling sad) and maybe the stuff with Petra/JR because they look pretty cute on Tumblr. I could live without seeing the rest .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 04-28-2018, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You all make intresting points. Yeah I was lonely person who watched since Michael died. Mostly for Jane and Petra friendship and I did like Petra/JR I love how happy she makes her and I like the twins more than Mateo. Although the second Mateo is a better actor. I actually did like Jane short live romance with Adam. I was neutral to Jane and rafael but their were moments like him feeling like second choice that made me believe it was a mistake to kill him off. I do have pessimism and think that Jane will realize she and Michael are different people but I like the idea of Michael falling for Jane again and Jane too
Old 04-28-2018, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

I think Michael has been too absent from the series in the last two seasons to come back and be Jane's endgame. I just don't want them to **** on their relationship in the final season.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
I'm so excited for those scenes, especially Michael interacting with an older Mateo. He was still a baby when Michael saw him last . I do wonder how Jane will explain this to him though, it's a lot for her to take in so it'd be even harder for someone his age to understand why someone who was presumed dead is living again.
Right? This is something I'm so curious about. Because also, when Jane was having panic attacks, Mateo knew it was about Michael. He knows Michael, but probably doesn't remember him. So if Michael also doesn't remember Mateo

Quote:
Looking forward to Michael/Rogelio scenes also and him with Faith M. Whiskers III. Does Jane still have that cat?
OMG BROGELIOS CAN POTENTIALLY BE BACK

I also forgot about the cat. I don't remember seeing the cat yet.

Quote:
I had this same thought the other night, and I could see the show doing this actually, to keep both fanbases happy. Like, we see JR get married at the end, but we find out that in real life, she's married to Michael, or the other way around. I'd be fine with that. I read a theory long ago back when Michael first "died" that talked about this and part of the theory for Michael's death was that Jane had to kill him off in the book for drama, but he was alive in real life and we'd see that at the end of the show.
I would be cool with that tbh. I would love the message of JR exist in this book/fantasy romance, but JM exist in the real world Although the ~back to life~ makes it a bit tricky in terms of realism, but still.

Quote:
I wonder if next season, she begins to write the Michael parts of the book, how they met, fell in love, and eventually got together, and as she does, and shows these parts to Michael to help him remember who he is and what they were to each other, they fall in love again. Bonus points if there's eventually a scene where she has to write about Michael's death and she realizes how hard it was to lose him and how happy she is that he's alive and safe.
I think, the scene that Gina and Brett will absolutely KILL is where Jane recounts how hard it was to lose him. I feel like, that scene is a guarentee. I want that to be the point where Michael's heart glows or his memory comes back.

I can't believe I get my stellar acting partnership back with Gina and Brett

Quote:
When my character lost her husband, I was devastated because Brett Dier is such a phenomenal acting partner. Those are special people that you just explode with...but you don't get that very often, where as soon as they say 'action' everything comes alive and the world exists and your heart is right up in it. That's how I felt with Brett.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh and Mateo also told Adam that he remembers Jane being sad when Michael died
Old 04-29-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Aww, that’s so cute. What episode was that?
Old 04-29-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think ep 9 of season 3?
Old 04-29-2018, 06:31 PM
New Fan

Oh, man. Gina talking about Brett and how that type of chemistry is just so rare and unique and magical. MY HEART. They really are acting soulmates.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer124 (View Post)
Oh, man. Gina talking about Brett and how that type of chemistry is just so rare and unique and magical. MY HEART. They really are acting soulmates.
its why no matter what, i'm excited to see them act together again. it's a privilege to get to see them work off each other, honestly.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Right? This is something I'm so curious about. Because also, when Jane was having panic attacks, Mateo knew it was about Michael. He knows Michael, but probably doesn't remember him. So if Michael also doesn't remember Mateo
I'm also curious about how Mateo is eventually going to react to Michael. He's a kid, and his parents are currently together so I can see him being a JR cheerleader (, but he's a kid so I'm going to give him a pass). I could also see him being protective over Jane and being mad at Michael for making his mom upset for so many years, despite the fact that Michael likely won't have memories of what happened. It should be interesting.

Quote:
I would be cool with that tbh. I would love the message of JR exist in this book/fantasy romance, but JM exist in the real world Although the ~back to life~ makes it a bit tricky in terms of realism, but still.
Yes, I'd love the message of that, too . The back-to-life thing makes this a bit tricky yes, but we can gloss that over if they take this route. I still think JM is the more realistic couple of the two.

Quote:
I think, the scene that Gina and Brett will absolutely KILL is where Jane recounts how hard it was to lose him. I feel like, that scene is a guarentee. I want that to be the point where Michael's heart glows or his memory comes back.
I can't believe I get my stellar acting partnership back with Gina and Brett
I also feel like this scene is a given in some way, shape or form. Gina and Brett will nail it as always . I love how Gina talks so highly of him and how well they work together. No matter what, it's such a treat to be able to see them onscreen together again and as present day JM .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 05-01-2018, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I could see Mateo being angry at micheal based on his speech to Adam. I am okay to see him team raf since he's a kid. However not Xo and Ro who always been team Micheal
Old 05-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm wonder about how the teams are going to shake out again among the family. Because Xo and Rogelio were very for Michael, and Alba was always for Rafael. So I do wonder if that's going to switch up, especially since Michael is coming back (with potentially no memories?)

Like I can see Xo and Rogelio being cautious of Jane spending time with Michael getting him to remember, but Alba reminding her that Michael is her HUSBAND still, despite everything.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread