Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm also kind of wondering how Brett's new show plays into all this. Will they only keep him on for the first half of the season? idk.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:22 PM
New Fan

Jennie said that if his show gets picked up, they will film for two weeks, then get one week off (and repeat) and she said she would film all of his scenes in that off week. She said she would do whatever it took to work. That does seem to suggest he'll be a key player for at least some of the season and it won't just be Rose in a hyper realistic mask or something, haha.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

^ From what I've read in interviews, Jennie says she knows the showrunner of Brett's new show and that they'll be able to share him. She explained that comedies film differently than other shows (a few weeks on and one off or something like that) so if they have to shoot all of Brett's scenes in a certain timeframe, they'll make it work. I'm assuming with it being the final season, it'll be another short one, so he could conceivably be in every episode, depending of course on the route they want to take.

Re: the Dawson's Creek discussion. Funnily enough, I didn't like Pacey/Joey so I didn't care for the change in direction there (I also didn't like Dawson/Joey, was firmly in the Pacey/Andie camp). But I'll give them credit, they changed direction when they saw the story was taking on a life of its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
If I didn’t know Jennie’s overarching plan was to put JR together (I really hope she proves me wrong on that but still)...bringing back someone with amnesia is almost always a sure way to ensure that they get a storyline where they ~fall back in love even though that person doesn’t have all their memories back. It’s like the oldest soap trick in the book for romance/angst.
This is the plot that came to my mind automatically when I thought of amnesia, which is why if they didn't do it, it'd be wasted potential (but what else is new, that's been JM's entire mantra since he died ). It's a total soap trope, which is what this show loves to play with.

Quote:
At this point, I'm just assuming Michael will have amnesia, Jane will realize she doesn't love the new Michael, and she'll marry Raf, so it's going to be hard for the show to disappoint me.
I'm assuming something along the lines of this too to keep from getting more disappointed, but that's just such a stupid route to take. It means that it had to take Michael being presumed dead for years and possibly be without memories for Jane to even get to the point of choosing Rafael. It cheapens her choice and definitely wouldn't answer Rafael's lingering questions about being second choice. Sure in that sense he'd get picked over Michael, but only due to the above events and that he now has a slight edge because of them. The real question is would Jane have stayed with Michael once they got married and whatever happened with him didn't happen? And if not, would she have chosen Rafael? Those are questions that can't be answered.
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 04-24-2018, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg, I decided to spoil myself for the finale (even though I’m not caught up with the show). How, what, where? The show really hasn’t been the same since Michael “died” and I’m also suspicious about TPTB using him as a prop to validate JR (again) but you know what, this is still better than him being dead so I’ll take it for now.

I’m looking forward to see how it all plays out, but hopefully they don’t give Michael the shaft at the end of it. He deserves better and I’ll always believe that he and Jane were meant to be end game. I started out loving JR to bits but over time, these two stole the limelight for me.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad to know Brett has the possibility of actually sticking around! I definitely need Jennie to change her mind about JR needing to be endgame. If Michael is back, they don’t make sense to me.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Glad to know Brett has the possibility of actually sticking around! I definitely need Jennie to change her mind about JR needing to be endgame. If Michael is back, they don’t make sense to me.
This is how I feel too. If she's that insistent upon sticking to JR, then there's no real point to bringing Michael back in the first place. She's been saying for years she's had an ending planned, and that Michael's death was planned, which leads me to believe the show was going to end with JR together and Michael dead. But now, Michael's back, something that wasn't always part of the plan, so why is that? I'd love to believe it's for something more than just to literally be in the picture when Jane decides to marry Rafael. He, JM's love story, and their fans surely deserve better than that. If Rafael is that insecure over Jane that it has to take resurrecting her thought-to-be-dead husband for him to get over it instead of dealing with it himself, then I'm sorry, there's something wrong there . Not to mention all the hoops they had to jump through to make Jane even consider and choose Rafael. I hope it's not as cut and dry as it seems right now, at the very least.

However small and out of reach it seems, there is at least a sliver of a chance for Michael, given all the things they've changed from their original plan involve him/JM. Jennie mentioned in that Tumblr post when Michael died that JM's wedding (and I think them buying a home, but don't quote me on that) was among the changes they made in the writers' room. I'm sure season 2 was supposed to go down differently as well, especially since I'm guessing they were planning to originally kill Michael at the end of season 1. So it's not a stretch to think the ending could go in his/JM's favor. There's definitely avenues they can take. It just depends on how much more Jennie is willing to bend, so to speak.

Speaking of Jennie, while I'm so happy to have Michael back and have my ship be alive again, it bugs me in general to know that no matter the outcome, she's going to willingly make half the fandom upset at the end. At least with Michael dead, you can conclude Jane had two great love stories and somehow please everyone. Though maybe she figures she can't make Michael fans anymore upset than they already have been by killing him off in the first place and most of them quit the show when it happened so she's hedging her bets.

Last edited by bscgirl99; 04-24-2018 at 10:15 PM
Old 04-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Have we gotten confirmation from Jennie that michael is actually Michael? And not just rose with a mask

Last edited by Static Waves; 04-25-2018 at 05:19 PM
Old 04-25-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No it's still a possibility
Old 04-25-2018, 06:19 PM
New Fan

Yeah, the only things she's confirmed so far are that he's not a twin, he didn't fake his own death, and whether or not he's the real Michael, Rafael believes that he is.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Jennie also said we'd find out in the premiere whether or not it's actually Michael. With her saying how she's going to make it work with the scheduling and all, she seems to have inadvertently spilled it was Michael (likely with amnesia). They wouldn't need to do so much arranging if it weren't him. Then again, it could be something like only the audience knows it's Rose or one of her cronies with a mask while everyone else thinks it's Michael.

Another theory I read floating around about amnesia Michael, what if he has a wife and kid of his own at this point? Maybe fake memories Rose gave him?
Old 04-26-2018, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Like ouat lol. Is rose a witch? I guess she might have told him about that
Old 04-26-2018, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Have we gotten confirmation from Jennie that michael is actually Michael? And not just rose with a mask
That would be too cruel and such a cop-out, really hope this isn't the case.

I don't have high hopes that this is a plot device for JR but TPTB HAVE been quite solid so far in terms of writing the show so I'm going to wait to see how it all plays out.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-26-2018, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Like ouat lol. Is rose a witch? I guess she might have told him about that
Exactly . You never know, Rose could be a witch. She's certainly evil enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
That would be too cruel and such a cop-out, really hope this isn't the case.

I don't have high hopes that this is a plot device for JR but TPTB HAVE been quite solid so far in terms of writing the show so I'm going to wait to see how it all plays out.
It'd be cruel in the sense that it was done for shock value, but I'd honestly take it over bringing him back to be a plot device for JR. More than anything else, I want what we saw with JM to have meant something and not be diminished/ruined for the sake of a ship. Whatever else we get is a bonus.

I have zero trust in TPTB, but even with no trust, I have to assume it's something more complex than Jane being like, "Eh, this doesn't feel right anymore, it's been too long and I've moved on," to Michael, then running to Rafael and being like, "See, you're my first choice and you were really who I was meant to be with all along," (even though she chose Michael over Rafael again and again, married him and wouldn't have even given Rafael another look had what happened with Michael never happened). I hope Michael being back doesn't just boil down to this because it's a waste of everyone's time otherwise.

Last edited by bscgirl99; 04-27-2018 at 01:57 AM
Old 04-27-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)

Another theory I read floating around about amnesia Michael, what if he has a wife and kid of his own at this point? Maybe fake memories Rose gave him?

That would be so heartbreaking Its so hard for me to see how this storyline from a soap perspective wouldn't be leading back to JM if its really Michael back from the dead in any capacity, even with fake memories.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:10 PM
New Fan

With all the Dawson's Creek talk, it made me wonder if the writers might do a similar thing to please both fanbases, by making Jane end up with one guy in real life and the other guy in the book she writes (that I presume becomes JTV, the TV show, that is narrated by adult Mateo). It is way more typically soap opera-y for her to end up with her back-from-the-dead love of her life (this same storyline is happening on General Hospital with one of their supercouples) and the writers have changed SO much when it comes to Michael, that I'm not 1000% convinced this story ends with Raf/Jane. Also, I'm kind of tired of all the smugness from Raf/Jane fans who just take it as fact that Michael is an obstacle and nothing more.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread