Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitneydreams (View Post)
Thanks for the video.

Yeah, I check my PM's when I get messages in my inbox.

Have you guys seen theses

The Bodyguard Kevin & Whitney | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston The Bodyguard | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
010 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The Bodyguard dolls of Whitney and Kevin, Aww their cute.
WOW! Cute
Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I undertstand the banter between them, but they know the deal and they are gonna sleep together, she's going to take his gifts, so this seems monotonous. They should just go for it.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by achrisl (View Post)
i undertstand the banter between them, but they know the deal and they are gonna sleep together, she's going to take his gifts, so this seems monotonous. They should just go for it.
lol.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82
One or two people asked me to imagine what might have happened if KC called or visited Whitney during the shoot for the film Sparkle. Well, here is what I came up with:

WH: (dials on her iPhone!!! It rings and picks up) Hello Mr. Costner.
KC: Whitney!! A phone call from the stratosphere.
WH: No, I'm quite down to earth. How are you? How are the kids? What are you up to?
KC: Watching a Christian channel. There's a special report about an ongoing brawl in Heaven. Apparently the angels are STILL fighting over who gets to sing you Happy Birthday.
WH: You're telling a fish story. My birthday already passed.
KC: That's what's so interesting about the whole thing. These angels know no time when it comes to you. Can't help themselves.
WH: Angels are well-behaved. Maybe in your version of Heaven they act like rascals, but in mine, they don't.
KC: Well, you're right. Are you calling about the delivery? You like?
WH: Very much. But you do too much. First the flowers and then the bracelet. Which is gorgeous and unusual, BTW.
KC: I knew that piece was for you when I saw it. Stumbled across it a few months ago in an estate and vintage jewelry store. I thought: man, that's perfect for her. I have to give it to her. And there is something else. Guess where I am, though?
WH: No idea. I can barely keep track of my own schedule, let alone yours. You have two sets of families, you know.
KC: Tell me about it! Keeps me young. I've got a private loft on -----. I'm here for one night. We're having dinner and dancing. Sound good?
WH: No. Not really. What about my schedule? Did you even check to see what I'm doing? I'm working here!
KC: Already handled it. I carved out five hours.
WH: Says who? How did you manage to get on my schedule? Who knows about this?
KC: Don't stress. That's your problem. I've got it under control.
WH: Last time I put a man in control of my life, it didn't work out too well. Did you do something to Pat? Kevin, you need to ease up, now.
KC: If you don't settle down, I won't give you the matching earrings.
WH: (pauses) Well, OK; I guess.
KC: Just tell your bodyguard that you going to ---- this evening. It will all work out.
WH: Matching earrings, huh?
KC: Yep.
(Hours later. A car carrying Whitney pulls up to a secure building. It pulls up and KC is there to open the car door.)
WH: Smooth. Very smooth, Mr. Costner.
KC: Quit calling me Mister. I'm not your math teacher. (kisses her slow, long)
WH: No. You're not that at all. (hugs him tighter, then pulls away) It's getting chilly. Let's head inside.
KC: Initiative! She's catching on. Only 19 more years, and she'll actually try to kiss me first. (Whitney laughs. In the elevator up, they hug and caress and kiss. Elevator opens inside a private loft/apartment. Modern place with city views and a fireplace, etc.)
WH: This place is beautiful. (steps out onto a balcony) You can see for miles. Isn't it something how a city that used to be so big is now so small and so much dimmer and poorer? I heard about a guy who hunts and barbecues racoons in the parts of the city that are back to nature. Can you believe that?
KC: (hugs her from behind) Not interested, quite honestly.
WH: I'm just saying it's weird. And sometimes ... I feel like ...
KC: I know where this is going. Don't compare yourself to Detroit. Just forget it. It's not beat up on Whitney day. (pulls her inside. They eat dinner, talk about the movie, talk about his music. They're sitting on a couch, by the fire)
WH: So where is your guitar?
KC: I didn't bring it. We don't always have to talk about the music. (picks up her hand and plays with the bracelet)
WH: Keviiin. Is there at least a piano around her? (looks around) No. What kind of setup is this? i need music if I'm going to have will power.
KC: Oh, come on! I've got all the will power you need right here.
WH: Nothing's going to happen, you know.
KC: Who said anything has to happen? I'm a gentleman ...
WH: Who is married ...
KC: Last time you were married ...
WH: That's totally different. You were a free man. It's weird. Everytime we fall for each other, you're married with three kids. So forget it. I'm not a glutton for punishment.
KC: How is that different? You know what? Forget it. We're wasting time. Take that shirt off, please.
WH: You did not ask me!
KC: I said please! (shakes his head) I won't survive this. My girls boss me, I have one ex-wife, a younger wife, a baby mama, and you're five times all of them combined. (pulls her closer. Rubs her back)
WH: Stop doing that.
KC: Just be nice to Kevin, please. (kisses her)
(Hours later, Whitney is sitting at a vanity in the master suite, fixing her hair and makeup. The bed is trashed. But the rest of the room is OK. Kevin comes near her and bumps her aside for a seat.)
WH: Excuse me, please. Man, you were sweeter to me when you were trying to hit it. Now the courting is all over ...
KC: Never. I come bearing gifts. Open this. (puts a box down in front of her)
WH: Let me see these epic, antique earrings. (she opens the box. they are not a perfect match for the bracelet, but very close) Wow. They're exquisite, Kevin.
KC: Let me put them on you. (He fastens the earrings on, taking every chance to stroke her cheeks, jaw, neck)
WH: (Grabs his hand and kisses it.) They are perfect. But we're out of time. I have to leave you now.
KC: (kisses her) So we'll see each other in what, 13 years? 20?
WH: Don't sound like that. Maybe if we are lucky, we can have a Camilla and Charles ending. No more complications or bad timing. No more sad partings and tears. No more pain.
KC: You're an optimist, after all. (takes her wrist with the bracelet, and holds it up to her face, close to the earrings) I knew it. Those angels don't have anything on me.
:: They're jus so freakin cute together!! Thanks so much for finding time to write this!!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchrisL (View Post)
I undertstand the banter between them, but they know the deal and they are gonna sleep together, she's going to take his gifts, so this seems monotonous. They should just go for it.
Fair enough, AchrisL. But banter is my comfort zone and 'going for it' is not. I personally hate watching certain love scenes, and I always have. The ones where they spend a lot of time attacking and stripping each other almost seem voyeuristic and I always fast-forward through them. So I'm not your go-to person if you want one of those written. But connecting through dialogue and romance? That's my speed. (Plus I always feel so busy! I'd hate to slow down to actually think about a love scene ...)
Old 04-29-2012, 04:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

"People thought they had to protect her. She hated that. And that's what people don't understand." I'm sure Robyn is right, but I think Whitney contradicted this statement when she spoke to Oprah. I think she wanted someone to take charge/protect her as time went on. She spoke about BB as a take charge person at home. She viewed it positively.

"She shared the fruits, and she changed a lot of lives. The record company, the band members, her family, her friends, me — she fed everybody. Deep down inside that's what made her tired."

'It was never easy. She never left anything undone. But it was hard. The Bodyguard was great when it was done, but it was a lot of work. She did the movie, she did the music, she did everything — and when she was done, she was done. She nailed it. The music supervisor brought her Linda Ronstadt's version of "I Will Always Love You" way before Kevin Costner brought Dolly Parton's version — and she always knew what she could do with it. So when Kevin came in and played it for her and told her he wanted her to sing it for the movie, she said, "Fine." She wasn't much for showing off what she had, except when she had to. In order to sell 32 million albums before the BG, Whitney had to show what she could do many times. I think Narada said it best. She was very confident about her singing abilities.

When people left her or were told to leave, they could never believe that Whitney would never call them — but she never did. She was working hard to keep herself together, and I think she felt that if she admitted any feeling of sadness or weakness she would crumble.

This last quote could explain some of the reason she did not stay in close contact with Kevin after the Bodyguard. She had to keep it moving. It was too painful to look back. Whenever they saw each other at events, the appearance always looked loving. I think as time went on this changed for Whitney as well. Kevin obviously had some contact with her although limited, and Whitney admitted to Wendy Williams during her interview that she had spoken with Robyn since her departure.

Last edited by Philo-Nantucket; 04-29-2012 at 05:29 AM
Old 04-29-2012, 05:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
Fair enough, AchrisL. But banter is my comfort zone and 'going for it' is not. I personally hate watching certain love scenes, and I always have. The ones where they spend a lot of time attacking and stripping each other almost seem voyeuristic and I always fast-forward through them. So I'm not your go-to person if you want one of those written. But connecting through dialogue and romance? That's my speed. (Plus I always feel so busy! I'd hate to slow down to actually think about a love scene ...)
The banter makes it more fun.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo-Nantucket
"People thought they had to protect her. She hated that. And that's what people don't understand." I'm sure Robyn is right, but I think Whitney contradicted this statement when she spoke to Oprah. I think she wanted someone to take charge/protect her as time went on. She spoke about BB as a take charge person at home. She viewed it positively.

"She shared the fruits, and she changed a lot of lives. The record company, the band members, her family, her friends, me — she fed everybody. Deep down inside that's what made her tired."

'It was never easy. She never left anything undone. But it was hard. The Bodyguard was great when it was done, but it was a lot of work. She did the movie, she did the music, she did everything — and when she was done, she was done. She nailed it. The music supervisor brought her Linda Ronstadt's version of "I Will Always Love You" way before Kevin Costner brought Dolly Parton's version — and she always knew what she could do with it. So when Kevin came in and played it for her and told her he wanted her to sing it for the movie, she said, "Fine." She wasn't much for showing off what she had, except when she had to. In order to sell 32 million albums before the BG, Whitney had to show what she could do many times. I think Narada said it best. She was very confident about her singing abilities.

When people left her or were told to leave, they could never believe that Whitney would never call them — but she never did. She was working hard to keep herself together, and I think she felt that if she admitted any feeling of sadness or weakness she would crumble.

This last quote could explain some of the reason she did not stay in close contact with Kevin after the Bodyguard. She had to keep it moving. It was too painful to look back. Whenever they saw each other at events, the appearance always looked loving. I think as time went on this changed for Whitney as well. Kevin obviously had some contact with her although limited, and Whitney admitted to Wendy Williams during her interview that she had spoken with Robyn since her departure.
Wow, this is very insightful. I kno wat its like when you constantly have to be strong, too afraid to show any weakness. I wish Whitney wouldve moved her and Kristina to that little island, and set up a fruit stand.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven03 (View Post)
Wow, this is very insightful. I kno wat its like when you constantly have to be strong, too afraid to show any weakness. I wish Whitney wouldve moved her and Kristina to that little island, and set up a fruit stand.
I'm not sure what would have saved her. I was just watching Kevin's interview with Nancey O'dell. When he was asked about the letters, he didnt know what to say. I will say for certain that when he talks about Whitney he is using little to none of his acting abilities. Anderson Cooper did not ask about the letters. Kevin told us about them. On one hand, he's surprised to be picked as speaker, and on the other, he says this feels right. The truth sets everyone free in the mind. It's hard to watch him in such an uncomfortable position at times.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:37 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo-Nantucket (View Post)
I'm not sure what would have saved her. I was just watching Kevin's interview with Nancey O'dell. When he was asked about the letters, he didnt know what to say. I will say for certain that when he talks about Whitney he is using little to none of his acting abilities. Anderson Cooper did not ask about the letters. Kevin told us about them. On one hand, he's surprised to be picked as speaker, and on the other, he says this feels right. The truth sets everyone free in the mind. It's hard to watch him in such an uncomfortable position at times.
I guess I can understand on some level him being surprised (if he was in fact surprised, which I kinda doubt) at being picked as a speaker - no matter how intense/meaningful/transformative/whatever their relationship was, it had been 20 years, and his involvement in her life afterwards (whatever it was) was clearly more limited. But I think he knows exactly why he was picked. When they were together she was at her best - and her happiest. Cissy knows that (and a whole lot more than that, I'm sure) and that's how she wants Whitney to be remembered.

BTW - thanks for posting that Narada Michael Walden interview. He's a cool guy, and I enjoyed hearing his perspectives on working with Whitney.

Last edited by zoe1990; 04-29-2012 at 07:46 AM
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo-Nantucket

I think at times he's ok talking about it, but at other times, not so much. Its like wat Kristina said in the Oprah interview, that the sadness comes and goes--that one day she's fine and another it hits her that her mom's gone.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe1990 (View Post)
I guess I can understand on some level him being surprised (if he was in fact surprised, which I kinda doubt) at being picked as a speaker - no matter how intense/meaningful/transformative/whatever their relationship was, it had been 20 years, and his involvement in her life afterwards (whatever it was) was clearly more limited. But I think he knows exactly why he was picked. When they were together she was at her best - and her happiest. Cissy knows that (and a whole lot more than that, I'm sure) and that's how she wants Whitney to be remembered.

BTW - thanks for posting that Narada Michael Walden interview. He's a cool guy, and I enjoyed hearing his perspectives on working with Whitney.
Your absolutely welcome. I enjoyed watching him speak. He speaks with passion when he talks about Whitney. She was truly remarkable. I like his spill on keeping everything positive. He takes his job very seriously as a producer. He's great at it too.

Whitney was extremely confident and unafraid.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Gobsmacked

Fair enough, Good point about all the detail on the stripping, etc.

++++

Kevin knows very well why he was asked, which is why I think he should stop talking because he is starting to confuse himself.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchrisL (View Post)
which is why I think he should stop talking because he is starting to confuse himself.
Not to mention us.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchrisL
Kevin knows very well why he was asked, which is why I think he should stop talking because he is starting to confuse himself.
He's prob second guessing himself since he believes he 'should have saved her,' and wasnt able to.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread