Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroja (View Post)
Erica, check your PM. I fixed those links (actually, they are fine on my screen. Don't know how come your links don't show). Just post the whole thing up - don't fix anything. And there's a limit of 35 images allowed per post. That's why I had to take down a few.
I got it thank you and yes I know about the limit that's why I limited the photos as well before. I'll put it up now. And I don't know why they weren't clickable on my end either let's hope it'll work this time.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great interview by Whitney in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchrisL (View Post)
Here is a very interesting video interview she did . I think she was trying to tell usw something especially at music.

Whitney Houston: "Nothing But Love" World Tour 2010 Interview - YouTube
Thanks AchrisL, for this video.

She was so calm and collected here and said very profound things about the way music today is just weird. We miss you Whitney!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)
Thanks AchrisL, for this video.

She was so calm and collected here and said very profound things about the way music today is just weird. We miss you Whitney!!!
She is right. Music today is not like back when I was a kid listening at Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and Diana Ross. Everything is so wierd,dark and creepy. I hate it. I usually just listen to older music now. Whitney was more about God and love in her music and I love her for it, MJ and Diana too.

Kevin really need to stop doing interviews and go heal his mind because lately he has been saying too many different things. I'm praying for him because he clearly not thinking straight. I think people like his wife is not helping either.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

This is the speech Kevin gave at Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night in 2008.

Whitney is clapping around 12:18

http://youtu.be/wiWpFCG0NP4
Old 04-28-2012, 04:17 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchrisL (View Post)
We know they had relationship, love, friendship and business ship. He needs to stop now. Kevin is not thinking right and he is stressed. This is not good. We know he did he can turn these people down.
Hello everyone!

This is my first post...I've read some very interesting comments in here and decided to share my input...

First thing first, it's a fact that Kevin and Whitney were lovers just before and during the filming of TBG. ***** happens, they were both in relationships but decided to go for it anyway. This information is coming from a reliable source. Much more happened between them and it ended up in tears (only two of them will ever know how they felt, others will just be speculating!). They did not have a close relationship after filming, but they were occasionally in touch as just good friends from about 10 years ago when her demise started escalating. If there was more contact up until her death, then that I won't be able to confirm.

Whitney is now gone, he is obviously hurt! There is no need for him to answer every question thrown at him re his friend, this might eventually draw negative attention. His PR team is aware of what's discussed online as I'm sure they google for new gossip and news at least twice a day; and ohh boy, these 'Kevney' threads are not lagging behind and I suspect he might have had a read lol.

I now live in a foreign country and was very surprised how Kevin/Whitney relationship has touched people... I've even heard people in my office using phrases like 'I'm the Kevin Costner to your Whitney Houston' or 'We gonna be like Kevin and Whitney'. This is not a joke...surprisingly, it's mostly white couples using it.

Her fight is now over, may you R.I.P Whitney. Hard to believe such a clever, bubbly, and sometimes crazy girl lost her battle to drugs, I'm really hurt.

Last edited by kiki07; 04-28-2012 at 01:46 PM
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread!!!

My take on Kevin saying he did not have a relationship with Whitney after The Bodyguard in the ET Canada interview from April 16, is either him:
1) trying to stay out of trouble with his wife
2) or saying the truth (but it is hard to think it is the truth as they still met sometimes at events and he wrote her letters so I guess what he means is that they were not in a relationship together as "dating" which we all know; but still that does not mean that he stopped loving her as he kept "singing" his love for her over the years on camera and in print)
3) or he is just in denial about how much of his feelings for her he let known to the world through his eulogy and now everyone wants an interview to ask about the eulogy.

Also, this interview was done in Toronto April16 at the same time he gave the interview to the Gloria lady where he said him and Whitney are "absolutely linked" and how he protected her and also it contradicts the more recent interview with Nancy Odell (I believe done yesterday) where he says IWALY is the score of his and Whitney's lives and how she could have been saved and he looks very very sad talking about the funeral. I don;t see Dionne asking him to speak if she did not know they stayed in touch. I think what he means is that they did not have a sexual relationship but he still loved her though and it does not preclude that that something romantic happened between them on set during the shoot.

So, I think we should not read too much into Kevin's words right now as he is still grieving and is very stressed out. He just needs to stop giving interviews because every single one will have a question about the eulogy and Whitney. See how he feels guilty for not going to Cissy to hug her after he finished the eulogy? We just need to tell him "Kevin, you did more than hug Cissy, you allowed her baby to go home with so much love and positive thoughts from the one person she probably loved very much, you Kevin and it is not by mistake that they playes IWALY as her casket left as she was talking to mostly one person oon elast time, You Kevin and Cissy knows it. So in Cissy's eyes you did great by her baby."

Kevin sometimes is too hard on himself as he tries to do well by the people he loves. He may be better off being home with his wife and kids instead of on the road on his own where he has more time to play in his head all the scenarios of what he could have done to save Whitney. But maybe being home will make it worse. He needs to talk to a shrink or something as it does not seem like being on the road is helping him cope any better. He should maybe start a journal, write down his frustrations and anger and whatever he is feeling re: to Whitney's death as some form of therapy. He needs to play music if that helps him cope with his loss but he seriously needs to stop talking to the press.

That's exactly what he meant, they did not have that close relationship anymore after filming. Life goes on after the movie.

We should also all remember that neither Whitney's family/friends, nor Kevin himself will ever expose everything to public. What you get from the media and these interviews if just a small fraction of the reality. Kevin and other close friends played a great part in helping Whitney, especially when she tried to come back, and I mean in many ways; never forgetting Clive too...
Old 04-28-2012, 05:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, I haven't been here in a while and we're already on the 10th thread!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Cause for Confusion

I'm listening to people's thoughts about KC's recent comments and I think it all boils down to something really simple. They were friends who admired and respected each other tremendously. They didn't see or speak to each other a lot because they both had busy career and family lives. I'm sure that like a lot of people who knew each other at a job or in high school or college, they went for years at a time without phone calls, etc., but thought: 'I wonder how Whitney/Kevin is doing?' But they did run into each other, probably at industry events and such, and always had good times reconnecting. And of course, KC wrote those letters to her to encourage her to hang in there through her tough time. You never know, his were probably not the only letters that she received.

You never really know what's going on in people's lives, but that's my best guess. When I look at it that way, I can see how he would say in one interview (I didn't see it) that he and Whitney were 'absolutely' connected, yet they had separate lives. Everyone at that funeral was connected; everyone who has enjoyed her music and been astonished by her obvious and underrated talent is connected. We all are, in a way.

We'll never know the full nature of his connection to Whitney Houston, and that's OK. At least we know she had the love of a man who would never back down from showering her with the affection she deserved. Unlike that other guy she married.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
At least we know she had the love of a man who would never back down from showering her with the affection she deserved. Unlike that other guy she married.
I agree with this, 100%
Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 AM
New Fan

His mini-series will be on in the end of May so some of these interviews (like the Anderson Cooper one) are technically about that or the ones on tour about the band. This puts him in a tough spot as he's obligated to publicize and like you said, those questions will be asked even though that's not what he's there for. He can say up front I won't answer any questions about Whitney but that probably just makes the press all the hungrier for information. He probably thought if he did a few interviews and answered those questions, they'd stop but they haven't. And I agree. It's obviously taking a toll on him. There hard to find but there are a few quiet places around the world that the famous can retreat to and not be hounded. Perhaps it's time he found one of those places to allow himself the time he needs to heal.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki07 (View Post)
Hello everyone!

This is my first post...I've read some very interesting comments in here and decided to share my input...

First thing first, it's a fact that Kevin and Whitney were lovers just before and during the filming of TBG. ***** happens, they were both in relationships but decided to go for it anyway. This information is coming from a reliable source. Much more happened between them and it ended up in tears (only two of them will ever know how they felt, others will just be speculating!). They did not have a close relationship after filming, but they were occasionally in touch as just good friends from about 10 years ago when her demise started escalating. If there was more contact up until her death, then that I won't be able to confirm.

Whitney is now gone, he is obviously hurt! There is no need for him to answer every question thrown at him re his friend, this might eventually draw negative attention. His PR team is aware of what's discussed online as I'm sure they google for new gossip and news at least twice a day; and ohh boy, this 'Kevney' threads is not lagging behind and I suspect he might have had a read lol.

I now live in a foreign country and was very surprised how Kevin/Whitney relationship has touched people... I've even heard people in my office using phrases like 'I'm the Kevin Costner to your Whitney Houston' or 'We gonna be like Kevin and Whitney'. This is not a joke...surprisingly, it's mostly white couples using it.

Her fight is now over, may you R.I.P Whitney. Hard to believe such a clever, bubbly, and sometimes crazy girl lost her battle to drugs, I'm really hurt.
Hey there, welcome! Interesting post. I agree - I don't see anything inconsistent with Kevin saying they didn't have a close relationship after the BG. I think it's clear that their relationship, whatever it was, happened during, and whatever contact they had afterwards would have been more sporadic for lots of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
I'm listening to people's thoughts about KC's recent comments and I think it all boils down to something really simple. They were friends who admired and respected each other tremendously. They didn't see or speak to each other a lot because they both had busy career and family lives. I'm sure that like a lot of people who knew each other at a job or in high school or college, they went for years at a time without phone calls, etc., but thought: 'I wonder how Whitney/Kevin is doing?' But they did run into each other, probably at industry events and such, and always had good times reconnecting. And of course, KC wrote those letters to her to encourage her to hang in there through her tough time. You never know, his were probably not the only letters that she received.

You never really know what's going on in people's lives, but that's my best guess. When I look at it that way, I can see how he would say in one interview (I didn't see it) that he and Whitney were 'absolutely' connected, yet they had separate lives. Everyone at that funeral was connected; everyone who has enjoyed her music and been astonished by her obvious and underrated talent is connected. We all are, in a way.

We'll never know the full nature of his connection to Whitney Houston, and that's OK. At least we know she had the love of a man who would never back down from showering her with the affection she deserved. Unlike that other guy she married.
I agree with this. They were, at a minimum, good friends and he loved her as a friend. But the public is interested in their relationship because they perceive/sense that they were more than friends. I may be just speaking for myself, but I would not be hanging out on a message board devoted to Kevney if I thought they were just great buds. It's just not as interesting. So I think that's why he's going to keep getting the questions from reporters. But at the end of the day, I understand that it's really none of my business as part of Joe Public, so I hope that he can find a way to honor/protect his relationship with her, whatever it was, in the face of all these questions.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
I agree with this, 100%
Absolutely! Kevin truly loved her, c'mon, who wouldn't at that time? the girl was pretty and very talented. In fact, people always wondered if she was the one to save him from his womanising antics.

Bobby was a big mistake tbh, we all knew back then, but Whitney was determined to start a family and Kevin was married to Cindy. There were rumours that he was divorcing his trophy wife in 2006 but it turned up to be untrue; again someone just stated that he is currently going through another divorce! but hey these could be haters who do not wish him well after all...
Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Costner Reflects on Whitney's Funeral | ETonline.com

Yep, He should just stop talking to the press about this but it is also good for us fans that he does because he comes out with gems like this last one every time and makes our hearts go AAAWWW!!!

"Costner reveals the most poignant moment of Houston's service was when her iconic song I Will Always Love You was played."That was big. It was like a.. kind of a score to our life together a little bit," he said. He added that the moment felt "perfect," and that family members were clearly moved. "People were suffering, the people closest to her were truly, truly suffering, and that song kind of... it did kind of bring everything back together but it was an absolute goodbye."

Ladies, after another "mindboggling quote" like that one, I say the next thread needs to be called "Kevin says IWALY is the score to their life together (him and Whitney)"

The more the dude talks, the more he reveals what he probably does not want us to know. One day he is just going to blurt "it" out and there will be no erasing that tape. He needs to shut up and go grieve in peace. If I understand what he is trying to say then he is saying that like the song, he and Whitney fell in love with each other, wanted to live together but realized they would only be in each other's way?? INTERESTING!!! but then we already knew that, right?? because that's what transpired worldwide from his eulogy.
You kno, I really wouldnt be surprised if he does 'blurt it out' eventually. Maybe these reporters will get off his back and it may make him feel better to not have to keep holding it in. OAN, he could purposely be giving these contradicting interviews; enjoying sum laughs as reporters are scrambling around trying to decipher his interviews.

Gobsmack...I kno you've been busy but I'm ready for a new convo!!

Last edited by Raven03; 04-28-2012 at 09:27 AM
Old 04-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki07 (View Post)
Absolutely! Kevin truly loved her, c'mon, who wouldn't at that time? the girl was pretty and very talented. In fact, people always wondered if she was the one to save him from his womanising antics.

Bobby was a big mistake tbh, we all knew back then, but Whitney was determined to start a family and Kevin was married to Cindy. There were rumours that he was divorcing his trophy wife in 2006 but it turned up to be untrue; again someone just stated that he is currently going through another divorce! but hey these could be haters who do not wish him well after all...
I wish people (not you, kikio7) would stop rumors about a divorce from the second wife. They have very young kids and it would be so hard on them if they split up. Plus, what's the use of divorcing when you are almost 60? He might not wax poetic when talking about CB the way he does with Whitney or his first wife Cindy, but he's content. A lot of people would like to be that good-looking, talented, successful and with all your kids healthy (knock on wood) and beautiful.

KC had obviously lived and learned and been humbled by life's experiences. That's the way it should be. I hope he gets what he prays for, to be able to live long enough to raise his kids and be the one to teach them about life.

A teeny part of me wonders why he didn't say he wants to live long enough so that he and Christine can both teach their children about life together. I'm not trying to over analyze, but it strikes me as a weird thing to say. He's married. He has help, and ought to be able to trust that his partner whom he respects is more than able to finish raising the kids, should be fall. People sometimes say that when they see troubling flaws in the other person. I don't know these people at all, I'm just going off of situations among my friends that I've observed.

Maybe he just doesn't like talking about his wives, or they ask him not to. I'll go with that.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven03 (View Post)
You kno, I really wouldnt be surprised if he does 'blurt it out' eventually. Maybe these reporters will get off his back and it may make him feel better to not have to keep holding it in. OAN, he could purposely be giving these contradicting interviews; enjoying sum laughs as reporters are scrambling around trying to decipher his interviews.

Gobsmack...I kno you've been busy but I'm ready for a new convo!!
I've been asked to do one imagining what would have happened if he visited her in Detroit during filming the film Sparkle. We'll see if I have time today or this evening.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread