View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Raven03
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo-Nantucket
"People thought they had to protect her. She hated that. And that's what people don't understand." I'm sure Robyn is right, but I think Whitney contradicted this statement when she spoke to Oprah. I think she wanted someone to take charge/protect her as time went on. She spoke about BB as a take charge person at home. She viewed it positively.

"She shared the fruits, and she changed a lot of lives. The record company, the band members, her family, her friends, me — she fed everybody. Deep down inside that's what made her tired."

'It was never easy. She never left anything undone. But it was hard. The Bodyguard was great when it was done, but it was a lot of work. She did the movie, she did the music, she did everything — and when she was done, she was done. She nailed it. The music supervisor brought her Linda Ronstadt's version of "I Will Always Love You" way before Kevin Costner brought Dolly Parton's version — and she always knew what she could do with it. So when Kevin came in and played it for her and told her he wanted her to sing it for the movie, she said, "Fine." She wasn't much for showing off what she had, except when she had to. In order to sell 32 million albums before the BG, Whitney had to show what she could do many times. I think Narada said it best. She was very confident about her singing abilities.

When people left her or were told to leave, they could never believe that Whitney would never call them — but she never did. She was working hard to keep herself together, and I think she felt that if she admitted any feeling of sadness or weakness she would crumble.

This last quote could explain some of the reason she did not stay in close contact with Kevin after the Bodyguard. She had to keep it moving. It was too painful to look back. Whenever they saw each other at events, the appearance always looked loving. I think as time went on this changed for Whitney as well. Kevin obviously had some contact with her although limited, and Whitney admitted to Wendy Williams during her interview that she had spoken with Robyn since her departure.
Wow, this is very insightful. I kno wat its like when you constantly have to be strong, too afraid to show any weakness. I wish Whitney wouldve moved her and Kristina to that little island, and set up a fruit stand.