Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
it's like cook/effy all over again
The worst thing is that I, as a DE fan, absolutelly hate what the writers are doing with them and I will never be able to deal with it if DE turns into Ceffy 2.0 TVD is a joke for the most part, IMO. It can't do romance properly. I have my reasons to ship DE, but I will give up on a show if writers keep doing what they do.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 10-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
he really is a lousy brother, which is a shame because stefan always seems to sacrifice so much for him, while damon never hesitates to try and hook up with elena, when he knows how much she means to stefan.

it's like cook/effy all over again.
Seriously. I used to think Damon and Stefan both loved each other in a weird, competitive way, but now I don't believe that anymore. I'm not saying he doesn't care about Stefan, but nowhere near as much as he cares about himself. Damon doesn't care about anyone the way he cares about himself

I never watched Skins, it doesn't sound like my type of show, but from what I did hear I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy C/E.

Quote:
The worst thing is that I, as a DE fan, absolutelly hate what the writers are doing with them and I will never be able to deal with it if DE turns into Ceffy 2.0 TVD is a joke for the most part, IMO. It can't do romance properly. I have my reasons to ship DE, but I will give up on a show if writers keep doing what they do.
I'm sorry about it, Mary. I know how much it hurts to give up on a ship because the writers screwed them over. You know I did ship DE once but the writers have taken Damon way too far to make DE a viable option for me ever again. What he did to Jeremy, Alaric or Caroline's dad is unforgivable, imo.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry about it, Mary. I know how much it hurts to give up on a ship because the writers screwed them over.
I don't give up on DE yet and you know it, Caro As I said I have my reasons to ship it and I have different standards for supernatural shows and shows about RL, same goes for characters from said shows, but it makes me almost physically sick and ill that something I love writers make look like something I hate. And taking that Ceffy is one of those couples that still gives me nightmares, I won't effing stand it if writers make DE anything like it

Quote:
I never watched Skins, it doesn't sound like my type of show, but from what I did hear I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy C/E.
It wasn't my type of show either and honestly I regret big time that I ever watched it, it left me in too much annoyance, but it gave me my OTP and that's the only good thing I got from it. I'll never again come back to this show though.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I don't give up on DE yet and you know it, Caro As I said I have my reasons to ship it and I have different standards for supernatural shows and shows about RL, same goes for characters from said shows, but it makes me almost physically sick and ill that something I love writers make look like something I hate. And taking that Ceffy is one of those couples that still gives me nightmares, I won't effing stand it if writers make DE anything like it
Oh, I know. You feel about DE the way I felt about BL on late S3/S4. You hate what's being done to them but you still see deep down the thing that made you fall in love with them in the first place.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
Oh, I know. You feel about DE the way I felt about BL on late S3/S4. You hate what's being done to them but you still see deep down the thing that made you fall in love with them in the first place.
I think you said it better than I ever could. This is exactly the way I feel. Shows like OTH and TVD I watch without having high expectations and I'm prepaired for contrived writing and screw ups. I'm just trying to see and focus on what I love about my ships and characters. It doesn't take away the pain and annoyance over the way writers like to screw them up though

Old 10-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Absolute Fan

rewatching some scenes made me remember another couple that i dislike
Dawson/Jen : forced, boring, obviously doomed
Jen/anyone actually
and it's not like i'm a fan of Dawson either (although i don't think that he deserves all the hate that he got)
I always thought that Jen was such an overrated character and I find it funny how she suddenly became a saint just because she died in the end. I never hated her but she never interested me either.
Now that i think about it none of the female characters from that show were my favorites LOL I liked Joey at the very beginning but then i disliked her too lol
Old 10-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Fate (View Post)
Sometimes I think she says what she thinks the fans want to hear. It's fine to want to please them, but I hope she doesn't prod this idea onto the writers (and have Devon "help" her) so that "Olex" actually does happen. What then, are they gonna kill off Sean too?

Exactly. There is NO REAL BASIS for a relationship between them. Sure they've been used by Division, they've had a hellish past and still have some pretty dark stuff going on in their lives, but who DOESN'T that's dealt with Division? Nikita, Michael, Jaden, Thom, Birkhoff, Amanda, Percy...they all have their secrets and yet they can stand alone without having to hook up with someone else just because. (Mikita is a different story altogether).

I'm seriously dreading what might happen. Which is RIDICULOUS because nothing can in reality happen, to keep the show levelheaded and not jumping all over the place. If it does happen, they're probably going to become my most hated couple ever. EVER. And that's saying something, considering a lot of couples I only tend to dislike. So getting into my "HATE" category is big, and it's going to be a COLOSSAL mistake if it does play out to have them become a couple.
She does and I understand that, because even though Lyndsy has been working since she was practically a baby, she is still considerably younger than Shane and Maggie. I think they feel more comfortable voicing their opinions on certain pairings rather than appealing to the fans, which is why they've gotten a lot of flack for it. I hope not too, but I don't think that will happen. Even if she did suggest it to the writers, Lyndsy is pretty much going 'script by script' as she's said before. She's mentioned in interviews that she tells them not to tell her too much in advance, because she doesn't like knowing it. Maggie on the other hand pretty much acts as a PTB, so she has far more influence and pull with the higher-ups regarding what happens on the show. IKR, they've already killed off Thom and shipped Nathan off to San Francisco. Plus, it would just be stupid to bring Sean on as a series regular, have him develop a real relationship with Alex (because Thom really wasn't IN a relationship with Alex) and then kill him off to put her with Owen when Owen isn't even a series regular at the moment.

Totally and completely agree, especially about Mikita being a different story entirely. Plus, Alex is still pretty lost and focused on her goals while working with Division. Her relationship with Sean is going to take time as it is, since it won't happen overnight. There's no reason to add Owen into the mix unnecessarily as her personal baggage too.

Exactly. There are a lot of couples I dislike intensely, but there are really only three couples I label as my 'most hated ships ever.' Owen/Alex would be the fourth.

That being said, who I'm hating at the moment:

Owen/Nikita (Nikita) - I just don't think their scenes together are that great. I find myself rolling my eyes through them most of the time, even last week's scenes were kind of bland in my opinion. I enjoyed the Michael and Owen scenes far more and those were the only times I really found Owen tolerable throughout the episode. Then again, I've always absolutely hated his character. So, no surprise there. lol

Owen/Alex (Nikita) - for reasons already stated.

Last edited by nhlover4ever; 10-08-2011 at 08:56 AM
Old 10-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think you said it better than I ever could. This is exactly the way I feel. Shows like OTH and TVD I watch without having high expectations and I'm prepaired for contrived writing and screw ups. I'm just trying to see and focus on what I love about my ships and characters. It doesn't take away the pain and annoyance over the way writers like to screw them up though
I wish I could feel the same way you do I mean, I obviously have lower standards for shows like TVD or OTH than for shows like Castle, but if they're screwing over my favorite characters then I almost always quit. That's what happened to me with Peyton post S3 or Brooke post S6, and it's happening to Elena now. I hate how they're writing her. I hate how they're not letting her develop outside of the Triangle of Doom and how they're so much more focused on SED than on giving Elena, Stefan and Damon the chance to grow as individuals.

And this is where you should stop reading if you're a Damon/Elena or Damon fan.

The way Elena's so focused on S and D , to the point where she'd tell her friends to 'stop judging' her for making puppy eyes at Damon when Damon is the one who tried to kill them both. What the hell is that about? Of course Bonnie's not going to be happy about her best friend dating the guy who tried to murder her and who murdered her boyfriend and of course Caroline's not going to be DE's cheerleader when Damon fed of her, abused her and tried to kill her, not to mention tortured her father. This Elena doesn't have much regard for her friends' feelings and I hate it.

Show, give me my nice Elena back
Old 10-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
OTH especially you have to watch with the lowest expectations ever, because it is known for contrived writing, blatant character propping, shock value (like Dan killing his brother Keith in season 3), over the top and recycled storylines (they've had so many car accidents and psycho stalker storylines at this point, I've seriously lost count) and appealing to the cast's personal lives by hooking up characters onscreen who are dating in real life. So unprofessional and just such a joke if you ask me. Thank God it is finally going off the air after the 9 longest years ever, where I seriously thought this trainwreck would never end (even though I stopped watching in season 7 and haven't looked back since).
Old 10-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
And this is where you should stop reading if you're a Damon/Elena or Damon fan.

The way Elena's so focused on S and D , to the point where she'd tell her friends to 'stop judging' her for making puppy eyes at Damon when Damon is the one who tried to kill them both. What the hell is that about? Of course Bonnie's not going to be happy about her best friend dating the guy who tried to murder her and who murdered her boyfriend and of course Caroline's not going to be DE's cheerleader when Damon fed of her, abused her and tried to kill her, not to mention tortured her father. This Elena doesn't have much regard for her friends' feelings and I hate it.

Show, give me my nice Elena back
yeah, i hate the new elena. she's so self absorbed and seriously, she saw this guy kill her brother, and try and kill her best friend, and rape another best friend, and she's just okay with that? not to mention she doesn't seem to care much about stefan's feelings amongst all this, as katherine said in the s2 finale.
i miss early s1 elena.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thank God it is finally going off the air after the 9 longest years ever, where I seriously thought this trainwreck would never end.
Word. Sadly it comes too late to fix every single character they ruined (and by that I mean BLP and often NH). But hey, they're finally putting TV out of its misery.

Quote:
yeah, i hate the new elena. she's so self absorbed and seriously, she saw this guy kill her brother, and try and kill her best friend, and rape another best friend, and she's just okay with that? not to mention she doesn't seem to care much about stefan's feelings amongst all this, as katherine said in the s2 finale.
i miss early s1 elena.
Exactly. I loved S1&2 Elena with all my heart and after 3x01 I had high hopes for her character, but the ridiculous plan on 3X02, the revolting semi romance she has going on with Damon and the complete disregard for both Damon's and Stefan's victims is making it really hard to see in this Elena the same girl I loved so much.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm on the season one finale of Downton Abbey so..

Edith/Life - what an annoying little brat
Thomas/Life - sleazeball
O'Brien/Life - she's nothing but an EVIL witch

Icon; immortalje

Last edited by nothing-without-you; 10-08-2011 at 09:28 AM
Old 10-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlover4ever (View Post)
OTH especially you have to watch with the lowest expectations ever, because it is known for contrived writing, blatant character propping, shock value (like Dan killing his brother Keith in season 3), over the top and recycled storylines (they've had so many car accidents and psycho stalker storylines at this point, I've seriously lost count) and appealing to the cast's personal lives by hooking up characters onscreen who are dating in real life. So unprofessional and just such a joke if you ask me. Thank God it is finally going off the air after the 9 longest years ever, where I seriously thought this trainwreck would never end (even though I stopped watching in season 7 and haven't looked back since).
OTH is ridiculous and got more and more ridiculous each season. I admit, there are some aspects of this show that I enjoy (LP and NH are one of them), but in general I watch it for lulz and definitelly don't have high expectations. I try not to watch any show with high expectations anymore, since it can lead to a huge disappointment like it happened when I watched Skins. I didn't and still don't invest too much in TVD and that is the only way for me to tolerate the way writers treat my characters and ships.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Word. Sadly it comes too late to fix every single character they ruined (and by that I mean BLP and often NH). But hey, they're finally putting TV out of its misery.
So very true. The BLP triangle was played out for way too long and resurrected far too many times for any of those characters to be redeemed now. And from what I've heard, they've just completely destroyed NH and don't even care about giving NH fans a proper ending now. Putting TV out of its misery is right.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlover4ever (View Post)
So very true. The BLP triangle was played out for way too long and resurrected far too many times for any of those characters to be redeemed now. And from what I've heard, they've just completely destroyed NH and don't even care about giving NH fans a proper ending now. Putting TV out of its misery is right.
This
Closed Thread   Post New Thread