Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

My best friend is watching the series for the first time now, and she's currently on the season 1 finale. She has a baby and a kid though, so she can't watch while her daughter is awake. She was watching the episode this morning and texting me her thoughts (which I looooove ), but she had to pause before the last 6 minutes because her daughter woke up - so she's just been paused at that part all day, and the suspense is KILLING ME!!!

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 12-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
My best friend is watching the series for the first time now, and she's currently on the season 1 finale. She has a baby and a kid though, so she can't watch while her daughter is awake. She was watching the episode this morning and texting me her thoughts (which I looooove ), but she had to pause before the last 6 minutes because her daughter woke up - so she's just been paused at that part all day, and the suspense is KILLING ME!!!
what a bad timing let us know what she thought

icon by Daggi
Old 12-05-2018, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

She later revealed that she'd had to pause right when she saw Chris walking towards Justin with the bat. So she had said, "I think I know what's going to happen", and that was all I got for several hours. She eventually told me she watched and that it was really sad. She said, "Poor Brian."

Old 12-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
She later revealed that she'd had to pause right when she saw Chris walking towards Justin with the bat. So she had said, "I think I know what's going to happen", and that was all I got for several hours. She eventually told me she watched and that it was really sad. She said, "Poor Brian."
Seeing Brian sitting in that hospital devestaded is just heartbreaking I'm impressed of Gales acting there just every time I see it

icon by Daggi
Old 12-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Yes, that was the moment I was really like what an amazing actor...

Old 12-06-2018, 06:53 AM
Extreme Fan

That part tears at my soul
Old 12-06-2018, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

She hasn't told me she's started season 2 yet either...how can she stand the suspense?!

Also I just caught something I've never caught before! In the season finale when Brian calls Mikey when he's about to get on the plane, you see his shadow freeze when he takes the call...then you see his suitcase drop. I don't think I've ever caught that little detail! Probably because there's so much emotion in that scene. But wow...I LOVE catching new things on rewatches!!

Old 12-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
She hasn't told me she's started season 2 yet either...how can she stand the suspense?!

Also I just caught something I've never caught before! In the season finale when Brian calls Mikey when he's about to get on the plane, you see his shadow freeze when he takes the call...then you see his suitcase drop. I don't think I've ever caught that little detail! Probably because there's so much emotion in that scene. But wow...I LOVE catching new things on rewatches!!
yupp, that was brilliant taken I would say. and it is easily overlooked.. I mean who looks at a shadow on the first watches

icon by Daggi
Old 12-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Yes!! I think I noticed that on a re-watch as well.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

I've noticed several times that during the more emotional scenes, there have been details I've missed on previous watches because I was so wrapped up in the reaction part of it. I love going back through and being able to catch more of the mastermind work of the film crew. Even stuff like coordination wardrobes and color schemes.

This show was really genius all around. I've been spoiled by it. I love how it's like an onion and each rewatch, I get to peel back a new layer and see more stuff.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think the set designers and art coordinators put a LOT of thought into making the backdrops as meaningful as they possibly could be to bring out the true emotional elements of each scene. I especially noticed how often the color blue was used in places such as the backrooms, where some of Brian's broody moments have happened (i.e, his version of therapy... getting serviced to take his mind off father Kinney's death). And also the loft.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 12-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Yes, I've noticed the blues a lot, too. The biggest one that sticks out to me is the "You Look So Fine" scene, because I love it.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

they did a brilliant job in bringing over moods with colours

icon by Daggi
Old 12-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

So awesome, because even if you don't consciously notice these things, they're affecting you on a subconscious level.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Does anyone know the song that plays at the end of episode 1x07 (after "Start Rockin'"), while Brian and David are having their stare-down on the dancefloor at Babylon?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread