Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2018, 11:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)

Something that bothers me about this season, probably on a personal level because I worked a few different retail jobs in my youth, are the scenes at the Q-Mart. As much as I season one and always love starting the series over, the very first time I see a Q-Mart scene I'm always like UGH. This again.
Are you starting over again?
Old 09-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Yes, this is my fourth time through. BUT - this time I'm forcing myself not to binge it. No more than one episode per day.

I thought about taking a hiatus before starting the series over again, but it made me so sad that I said to hell with it. My love for it hasn't degraded yet, and I don't see it happening any time soon.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 09-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes, this is my fourth time through. BUT - this time I'm forcing myself not to binge it. No more than one episode per day.

I thought about taking a hiatus before starting the series over again, but it made me so sad that I said to hell with it. My love for it hasn't degraded yet, and I don't see it happening any time soon.
GASP you failed

Also yeah I get it with the Q-Mart scenes. I didn't work in retail long at all but it was enough to fill me with dread lol
Old 09-19-2018, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
GASP you failed

Also yeah I get it with the Q-Mart scenes. I didn't work in retail long at all but it was enough to fill me with dread lol
You found me... Yeah, I was up super late that night, kinda sick, and I was like F it, this will make me feel better.

Any amount of time spent in retail, or restaurant work, will scar you for life.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nothing wrong with watching again if it makes you happy. It has been about 2 months since I watched the whole thing through ~ I’ve just been rewatching my fave scenes and storylines. I think I’m going to do another run through of the whole thing.

From 101, there is one line that has always bothered me. We didn’t know her at the time, but I don’t think it fits Jennifer’s character. When B and J are in the shower, Justin says “my mom says that sometimes she wishes she’d never had me.” I can imagine Justin’s dad saying that, but not Jennifer. I just love Justin’s innocence here with the “I like Cheerios better” and “I’m a top and a bottom”.....
Old 09-19-2018, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Agreed, if it makes you happy, do it. That's great that you're still watching your favorite parts, and another runthrough would be awesome.

Y'know, I just watched the pilot again and that part bothers me too! I like Brian's response though I can't remember it verbatim to quote it. And I don't even think Craig would've said that before he knew he was gay, honestly. -shrug-

Old 09-20-2018, 04:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Agreed, if it makes you happy, do it. That's great that you're still watching your favorite parts, and another runthrough would be awesome.

Y'know, I just watched the pilot again and that part bothers me too! I like Brian's response though I can't remember it verbatim to quote it. And I don't even think Craig would've said that before he knew he was gay, honestly. -shrug-
You know what I think you are right about Craig~ I was probably thinking of a-hole Craig that shows up later. It’s always such a great feeling to start it over, isn’t it? Did you have any other new insights about the pilot? Every time I start it over I always think wow! Justin was such a baby
Old 09-20-2018, 05:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You found me... Yeah, I was up super late that night, kinda sick, and I was like F it, this will make me feel better.
Haha it's okay, I totally miss it and I want to watch it right noooooow ugh lol

Quote:
From 101, there is one line that has always bothered me. We didn’t know her at the time, but I don’t think it fits Jennifer’s character. When B and J are in the shower, Justin says “my mom says that sometimes she wishes she’d never had me.” I can imagine Justin’s dad saying that, but not Jennifer. I just love Justin’s innocence here with the “I like Cheerios better” and “I’m a top and a bottom”.....
Why don't I remember that? I wonder if Justin really meant it, as in it was true or if he was just being a brat. Because I can't see his mother saying that. Weird.

I love that Justin tries to lie to Brian. He's all like oh yeah I've done this before, totally. Honey, you ain't fooling anyone.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You know what I think you are right about Craig~ I was probably thinking of a-hole Craig that shows up later. It’s always such a great feeling to start it over, isn’t it? Did you have any other new insights about the pilot? Every time I start it over I always think wow! Justin was such a baby
Yeah, he seemed like a pretty supportive dad in the beginning. It is sooo nice to start over again. It's like such a relief, the story doesn't have to ever end. And I loooove the contrast and seeing how different and what babies everyone was in the beginning! Wow, and it makes the first moments between Brian and Justin that much more special, knowing how it all ends up. The first time Brian lifted him up on the dancefloor I was like awwwwww, he's gonna ask you to marry him one day!

Quote:
Haha it's okay, I totally miss it and I want to watch it right noooooow ugh lol

Why don't I remember that? I wonder if Justin really meant it, as in it was true or if he was just being a brat. Because I can't see his mother saying that. Weird.

I love that Justin tries to lie to Brian. He's all like oh yeah I've done this before, totally. Honey, you ain't fooling anyone.
Soooo watch it right now, then.

He says it in Brian's shower. He might've been making it up, hmm.

And HA. Yeah, like Brian was going to believe that.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, he seemed like a pretty supportive dad in the beginning. It is sooo nice to start over again. It's like such a relief, the story doesn't have to ever end. And I loooove the contrast and seeing how different and what babies everyone was in the beginning! Wow, and it makes the first moments between Brian and Justin that much more special, knowing how it all ends up. The first time Brian lifted him up on the dancefloor I was like awwwwww, he's gonna ask you to marry him one day!

That was unnecessary

Oh and I'M the bad influence?

Hmm I'll look out for that when I watch it again.

Brian knew from the moment he saw him that he was such a fresh young thing
Old 09-21-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

Yes, so true. It makes it that more endearing. Even though, we are on the season 1 thread, and we don't really know what happened yet.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-22-2018, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That was unnecessary

Oh and I'M the bad influence?

Hmm I'll look out for that when I watch it again.

Brian knew from the moment he saw him that he was such a fresh young thing
Lol, so I'm not allowed to say sweet things now?!

Yes, you are.

And mhmm. No one's fooling Brian Kinney.

Quote:
Yes, so true. It makes it that more endearing. Even though, we are on the season 1 thread, and we don't really know what happened yet.

Whooooops.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Lol, so I'm not allowed to say sweet things now?!

Yes, you are.

And mhmm. No one's fooling Brian Kinney.

[/B]

Whooooops.
Not when they give me feels, no.

I am a failure who broke my hiatus And it was NIIIIIIIIIIICE

The all powerful Brian
Old 09-23-2018, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

The all powerful Brian
Lol. You want feels, otherwise you'd be a robot.

Yessssss. With a little help of the persuasion of a friend who did the same...

Spoiler:

Old 09-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

The all powerful Brian
Addie, are you starting at the beginning or rewatching favorite scenes?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread