Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
He also promised the JLA guys that he'd help them after he "takes care of the other problem he has" (phantoms).
They are writing themselves into a corner. They better think of something really big and good for season 7.
The JLA thing is dicey since I dont think Clark did anything with the JLA it was a Superman thing, but then again Superman started the justice league but in Smallville the Green Arrow did so that throws that theory out lol

Quote:
Two things I have heard (and I hope they're true):
1. Tom has signed a contract for an 8th season
2. The character of Chloe (as an adult) may be written into (and the rights to her purchased by) the Superman comics.
Those things tell me that Clark will probably stay on the farm and Chloe may not be dead.

Al said Tom is signed on for 8 seasons but thats no guarrentee that there will be 8. Its up to the network in the end to pick them up for an 8 but if they do 8 will definitely be the last.....and yes they picked up the Chloe character so I figure next time they make a superman movie jimmy will have his love which would be nice to see
Old 05-23-2007, 07:13 AM
New Fan

hi i think the season finale was good cause both phantom and clark are strong and have the same powers as each other. i can't wait for the season preimer
neji duyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

hello
i use 2 be a huge fan of this show but i stoped watching for a while now but i caught the last couple min. of the season finale and i have a question
when did Lionel become an alie (Can't spell) to Clark he was trying to save him and even called him son when did this start and why last time i watched was lionel was trying to catch Clark
Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

When Jor-el possessed Lionel in season 5...or was that season 4?
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Season 4 in that switch episode what was that called again...
Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Was it Arrival in the beginning of Season 5 when Lionel was Jor-El? The switch episode was Transference in Season 4 I think. That was between Clark and Lionel when Lionel was in prison.
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

It was season 4, the finalé of season 4 to be exact.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee123 (View Post)
hello
i use 2 be a huge fan of this show but i stoped watching for a while now but i caught the last couple min. of the season finale and i have a question
when did Lionel become an alie (Can't spell) to Clark he was trying to save him and even called him son when did this start and why last time i watched was lionel was trying to catch Clark
Hey Kaylee, welcome on board.

Like everyone explained it happened in season 4 finale and it has to do with Jor-El.
There was a storyline about three crystals in season 4, and Lionel had one of them in his possession. Clark got hold of all the crystals in the end (and to make long story short - Clark used them and we got Fortress of Solitude as a result).
In the season 4 finale the Kryptonian stone in Lionel's pocket gave off a massive force of energy, putting Lionel in a coma. Lionel survived the meteor shower (possibly thanks to Jor-El's essence, which now resided within him), and was now instilled with all the knowledge of Krypton. However, the immense downloading of information into his mind left Lionel in a catatonic state.
Lionel later became a host for Jor-El, coming to life when he sensed that Clark had been fatally shot while he was completely powerless.

I actually copy/pasted most of this from wikipedia, because it made much more sense than when I tried to explain.

If you'd like to read everything that happened check here.
The good part starts with "Conduit for Jor-El" title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb B (View Post)
Two things I have heard (and I hope they're true):
1. Tom has signed a contract for an 8th season
That is correct.
Quote:
2. The character of Chloe (as an adult) may be written into (and the rights to her purchased by) the Superman comics.
DC Comics already bought the rights to the character and have plans to introduce her to mainstream continuity in 2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellegirl (View Post)
Here are some things I hope to see next season:
1) Clark doing some training at the Fortress, not full fledged, but some
2) To hear Jor-el return
3) Lois and Clark to finally land at the Daily Planet or at least in jobs close to that
I'd also love to see this happen.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)
It was season 4, the finalé of season 4 to be exact.
I was so close and I even cheated and went to the Smallville site and read the descriptions! I just couldn't remember which one. Old age is not for the weak It was Commencement!
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Didnt it all start with the Transference episode making Lionel good (well as good as Lionel can be) he said he felt different inside....then in the final the whole stone thing happened? I always thought Transference was a lead up to the final when Lionel became Jor-Els conduit
Old 05-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't rewatch season 4 after it originally air so there's a chance I remember something wrong. But I think in Transference the body switching only cured Lionel and got him interested in the stones - that's how he got his hands on the stone.
But he was just pretending to be good. When Lex was split into two in Onyx Alexander managed to piss off Good Lionel and got him to show that he hasn't really changed. So Lionel was back to his usually MB self until the finale.
Like I said, some parts are a bit fuzzy for me, so someone probably remembers it better.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)
Hey Kaylee, welcome on board.

Like everyone explained it happened in season 4 finale and it has to do with Jor-El.
There was a storyline about three crystals in season 4, and Lionel had one of them in his possession. Clark got hold of all the crystals in the end (and to make long story short - Clark used them and we got Fortress of Solitude as a result).
In the season 4 finale the Kryptonian stone in Lionel's pocket gave off a massive force of energy, putting Lionel in a coma. Lionel survived the meteor shower (possibly thanks to Jor-El's essence, which now resided within him), and was now instilled with all the knowledge of Krypton. However, the immense downloading of information into his mind left Lionel in a catatonic state.
Lionel later became a host for Jor-El, coming to life when he sensed that Clark had been fatally shot while he was completely powerless.

I actually copy/pasted most of this from wikipedia, because it made much more sense than when I tried to explain.

If you'd like to read everything that happened check here.
The good part starts with "Conduit for Jor-El" title.

That is correct.

DC Comics already bought the rights to the character and have plans to introduce her to mainstream continuity in 2008.

I'd also love to see this happen.
thanks so much for your help
Old 05-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

I wasn't a big fan of the finale. I usually am and have loads to talk about. Truth is I am falling a bit out of love with Smallville. It's a bit sad, because I felt like this season was a bit of a chore. It had it's high points, but overall...there was a disconnect.

This finale killed three people...Lionel, Chloe, and Lana. Only, the finale only killed one person, Chloe. And that upset me. We know Lana will be okay, because it was so over-done, and with Lionel, it was more implied, but Chloe breathed life into Lois to carry on the legacy. And I came to that realization...and I am not a fan of losing such an (IMO) integral character to the series.

Overall, the finale didn't wow me. Yes, the final effect was cool...and seeing Lana blow up inside a car, I did squee a bit, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Ken, You really should go over to the spoiler thread/board for more info on who dies and who "doesn't" Keep watching my friend, we are seeing the show evolve from a teenage drama to a more action adult drama series.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:27 PM
New Fan

Hey I don't think Lana is dead.. it's just her way of getting everyone to think that she's gone.She'll be back!!AND Chloe too.. I think.. Lionel on the other hand!? don't think so... When is the next Season?? September?? Crazykimz
crazykimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread