Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

Just because the character 'Jimmy' is lined up for 13 episodes of season 7, doesn't automatically mean that Chloe is still alive you know. I have noticed that the writers are slowly moving SV into more and more of the Superman lore. They added Lois, the Justice League, Jimmy etc. Now they just have to delete those parts of SV that are not important or part of the Lore, Chloe, Lana (yes, she was in the lore technically, but not by the time Clark was working at the Daily Planet hence why she needs to be gone, Clana will live forever) and Lion-el need to be dead.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)
Just because the character 'Jimmy' is lined up for 13 episodes of season 7, doesn't automatically mean that Chloe is still alive you know. I have noticed that the writers are slowly moving SV into more and more of the Superman lore. They added Lois, the Justice League, Jimmy etc. Now they just have to delete those parts of SV that are not important or part of the Lore, Chloe, Lana (yes, she was in the lore technically, but not by the time Clark was working at the Daily Planet hence why she needs to be gone, Clana will live forever) and Lion-el need to be dead.
Yea thats true, my friend just pointed out that Jimmy was in the new Superman movie as Clarks friend (didn't notice it was him when I watched it) so he could be brought back as Clarks buddy and also, didn't Lois and him date in the comics? Chloe being gone () would open up that possibility.

Last edited by go_clo; 05-21-2007 at 12:54 AM
go_clo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Loyal Fan

I'll say a quick two cents on the finale:

It was really good. I think parts of it were really rushed but it the end not bad. Definitely left a lot hanging out there to be resolved come the fall, but all we can hope for is a kick ass resolution.

I think that Lana staged her death to get back at Lex. It was worth it to see the look on Lex's face when Clark told him or basically accused Lex of killing her. I am sure that he will have alot of time to ponder the errors of his ways or come up with new evil plans. All I can say is Lex turned out to be such a coward running and leaving everyone else to die at the hands of the phantom.

I think that it will be interesting to see just how all of this effects Clark and the direction he will take. His mother is in D.C. All of his friends are in danger or possibly dead. And the phantom wanders out there with his face preparing to cause all kinds of problems. It will all be yet another burden he shoulders but how it will change him is yet to be seen.

I think that the next season should be worth the wait to find out how all of this plays itself out. But overall kick butt ending.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Just because the character 'Jimmy' is lined up for 13 episodes of season 7, doesn't automatically mean that Chloe is still alive you know.
On the other hand, it doesn't automatically mean that she *is* dead, either. Smallville hasn't always been spot on canon, ya know. They do have a way of veering off that past, as proven in past episodes and seasons. So, I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that she's dead.

I will surely break as I'm leaving the one I want to take.
xjoyusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

When do the actors come back to work and start working on the fall season?? Does anyone know? Maybe August?
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjoyusx (View Post)
See and I never believed that he was ever behind faking her pregnancy, because it didn't make any sense at to me in the timeline of events, for that to even come up at all.
So, as far as I'm concerned there was really no reason for him to be that desperate, because he already had her.
That has been my biggest problem with the fake pregnancy. If Lex was behind it, it really didn't make any sense that he would to it so early when they were both in love. Plus he seemed surprised when he heard she was pregnant in Static.
No matter how you look at it, it doesn't sound like a well developed storyline, it's full of holes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (View Post)
1) Bizarro mentioned how he said he took Clark's DNA....so when and how did that happen?
Honestly - no idea.
When I watched it first time, I thought phantom passed through Clark's body and grabbed a DNA sample. But after rewatching it looks like phantom didn't get pass the S symbol.
Quote:
2) Is the last phantom really Bizarro? if so, then I guess when Clark took out the 'Phantom Zone' piece on him...it didn't work on him, right?
The S shaped one? Yeah, it's really fast, but you can see Clark holding it, and phantom crashing on it, and the piece with the S symbol breaking.
Here are caps:
phantom
reaching for Clark
S piece
zoom on S symbol
Clark flying back after it shattered
Quote:
3) I guess Chloe's power is that she's able to switch one's soul/life with hers with a teardrop, right?
I think she's able to absorbed injuries from others. But it's just a guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsysue (View Post)
what will be interesting is how long it will take him to beat him since Clark stated that as soon as he has gotten rid of all the Phantoms he will start his training...or what else they will come up with to stop him from his training...could be the whole Martha going away he needs to run the farm thing!!! I just thought of that then lol
He also promised the JLA guys that he'd help them after he "takes care of the other problem he has" (phantoms).
They are writing themselves into a corner. They better think of something really big and good for season 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat492002 (View Post)
All I can say is Lex turned out to be such a coward running and leaving everyone else to die at the hands of the phantom.

Well in his defence none of them have any weapons to fight the phantoms. Running in opposite direction is the best option. Not very brave or noble, but a logical one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb B (View Post)
When do the actors come back to work and start working on the fall season?? Does anyone know? Maybe August?
Hm, I can't remember when they usually go back on set to start shooting.
But I believe it is a month or month and a half before the new season starts.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Elite Fan

I actually thought that Lex was using Lana as an incubator to make a meteor freak with all different powers from those freaks he sampled (including Chloe.)
Old 05-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)
I actually thought that Lex was using Lana as an incubator to make a meteor freak with all different powers from those freaks he sampled (including Chloe.)
I suspected something like that in Promise when the doctor threatened to tell Lana the truth.
It would have been more cool than fake pregnancy.
Plus, while she was out "after the miscarriage" they could have taken the freak embryo out.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly. That would have been a better plotline imo.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

And it would make Lex look evil and menacing, and not pathetic.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think all of you need to get together and write a script!! You have great ideas and I bet you could come up with a whole season of them. You'd have to make up a new character though.

Just a thought. To quote a line from Grey's "seriously"!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That has been my biggest problem with the fake pregnancy. If Lex was behind it, it really didn't make any sense that he would to it so early when they were both in love. Plus he seemed surprised when he heard she was pregnant in Static. No matter how you look at it, it doesn't sound like a well developed storyline, it's full of holes.
I've heard Clana fans, among a few other people, make the argument that the reason Lex looked as surprised as he did or as shocked (as we all think he looked at the time) - was, because he was smirking somehow or doing a mental little dance of glee in his head that his nefarious, "operation fake pregnancy" actaully took and was working.

But I don't believe that one bit at all. I mean, everything about his reaction from the time he heard her mention of it, up until he told her at the end of the episode how happy he was that she was having his baby and then that scene of him fixing up the surprise nursery for her and being all giddy about the coming birth of their child, tells me otherwise. That's what I use for my counter argument to the above.

So, honestly...I don't know what to think anymore. Except, that I think that Lionel had something to do with pumping Lana full of those hormones that tricked her body into thinking it was pregnant.

Holes. Yay. *insert sarcastic giggle here* Smallville sure is full of them, huh?

Quote:
I have to admit myself, that would have been an interesting storyline for the writer's to explore and one that I wouldn't have minded so much. To be honest, anything would have been better than this, "baby that isn't really a baby and was never really there at all", storyline.

I will surely break as I'm leaving the one I want to take.
xjoyusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:11 PM
New Fan

I total agree with all of your statements, for a while there I thought maybe the baby was going to be used for experimentation until she said she was never pregnant. I am not really sure Chloe will be back, Jimmy is such a huge character in the Superman lore, without Chloe, and he is a strong enough character to survive without her. Here are some things I hope to see next season: 1) Clark doing some training at the Fortress, not full fledged, but some
2) To hear Jor-el return
3) Lois and Clark to finally land at the Daily Planet or at least in jobs close to that
4) Clark to move to Metropolis
5) Lex to finally get his, lol
Well that is all for now, though I am sure I will think of more later
Ellegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Two things I have heard (and I hope they're true):
1. Tom has signed a contract for an 8th season
2. The character of Chloe (as an adult) may be written into (and the rights to her purchased by) the Superman comics.
Those things tell me that Clark will probably stay on the farm and Chloe may not be dead.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Well your right about about Chloe Sullivan being 'bought' by the Superman franchise! So hopefully your right about Tom!

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread