Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Moderator Manager

LOVE this article from Broadway.com. Very in-depth abotu Alan's career and even have trailers of his memorable movies.

Broadway.com | Alan Rickman Flashback! From Harry Potter to Sweeney Todd, the Seminar Star Sizzles on the Big Screen

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 11-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Moderator Manager

One show was cancelled but at least he's back!

Quote:
The November 17 performance of Seminar has been canceled due to the illness of leading man Alan Rickman, who is suffering from "an acute respiratory infection," according to the show’s press representative.

“On behalf of all the producers, we deeply regret having to cancel tonight’s performance of Seminar," producer Jeffrey Finn said in a statement. "Mr. Rickman has never missed a stage performance in his entire career. He, the producers and the entire company are deeply disappointed not to be able to deliver a show this evening. We all feel it’s in the best interest for everyone to be as healthy as possible prior to our opening this coming Sunday. We will resume performances tomorrow night, Friday, November 18.”
Broadway.com | Alan Rickman Sidelined by Illness; Seminar Performance Canceled

Old 11-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dan and Alan from the benefit last week!

Last edited by baileycat; 11-21-2011 at 06:18 PM
Old 11-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Moderator Manager

Gaaaah, so many favorite people at the opening of 'Seminar'. And these are one those days I wish I was Jerry O'Connell.

Quote:
Our favorite acid-tongued professor is back!... sort of. Alan Rickman stars as an intimidating teacher in Theresa Rebeck's Broadway play, "Seminar," bringing back fond memories of his turn as another intimidating teacher, Professor Snape. The play marks Rickman's return to Broadway -- his last role was in 2002's "Private Lives," which is currently undergoing a revival starring Kim Cattrall and Paul Gross. He's been keeping busy on the stage elsewhere, though, most recently starring in Henrik Ibsen's "John Gabriel Borkman" at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
Clip here of the cast!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Absolute Fan

I love those photos of Dan and Alan together!
Old 11-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Moderator Manager

And the reviews for 'Seminar' are in.

Quote:
Characters turn out to be different than they appear on the surface, though in predictable ways. Yet Seminar, which opened Sunday at Broadway's Golden Theatre, is consistently clever and entertaining — and, under Sam Gold's briskly intelligent direction, a fine showcase for extraordinary actors.

They include the formidable Alan Rickman as Leonard, who returned to the role Friday night after an "acute respiratory infection" led to the cancellation of Thursday's preview (and the first missed performance of his career). If Rickman was feeling under the weather, it registered as part of Leonard's emotional malaise. Perhaps the most banal figure in Rebeck's play — a brilliant roué whose brutish behavior toward others masks his own regrets — this literary lion nonetheless has some delicious lines, and the actor serves them with robust elegance while suggesting a wounded humanity that transcends stereotype.

Rickman has a superb sparring partner in Hamish Linklater, whose Martin comes closest to his tutor in both ability and contentiousness. It's obvious from the start that Leonard will eventually see something of himself in this nerdy, contrary young man. But Linklater ensures that Martin is also his own person — tender beneath his hard shell, funny and heartbreakingly real.
Rickman is head of talented class in 'Seminar' – USATODAY.com

Old 11-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Excellent interview here:

PLAYBILL'S BRIEF ENCOUNTER With Seminar and "Harry Potter" Star Alan Rickman - Playbill.com
Old 11-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
"It's so rich and cruel and beautiful, like a fireworks display, and yet it can be so subtle and so crude," says the 65-year-old classical actor and director. "Marry that to the stage and something mysterious happens. Don't ask me what. It's magical."

The actor, once a critical darling who punctuated extensive stage work and art-house movies with scene-stealing supporting roles in commercial films, became an international mainstream figure playing Severus Snape, the tragic antagonist of Harry Potter in the eight-film franchise that concluded this past summer with "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2."

Now, he is applying a different brand of dark arts as Leonard, the caustic and embittered novelist at the center of Theresa Rebeck's new play, "Seminar," which opens Sunday on Broadway. With barbed tongue, he terrorizes a group of aspiring writers who've paid a princely sum for him to evaluate their work. . That is, when he's not trying to bed the women in the group despite the yawning age gap.

"I knew the actor playing Leonard had to be irresistible, and Alan is," says Rebeck. "Like Leonard, Alan is a life force, a fighter, someone who is still swinging for the fences with a vitality that is very appealing."

Rickman says the story of an iconoclast bullying his charges into meaningful change attracted him to the play — as well as, of course, the language. "Theresa's writing is incredibly demanding," he says in silky tones that belie his British working-class roots. "She's like a Restoration comedy writer. It's high style. The words are extremely well chosen, and sometimes you wish that word had not been chosen right next to that word because the equipment's a bit rusty."
Alan Rickman: An irresistible force - Los Angeles Times

Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww wow those pics of him and Dan love seeing them together!

Thanks for posting that interview

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Moderator Manager

Not everyone loved 'Seminar' but this other review I read said made it bearable because Alan was so stellar.

ETA: Forgot to post BTS of Alan with Ralph for DH2.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 11-30-2011 at 04:42 AM
Old 11-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Absolute Fan

Cool picture!

And love the Gryffindor scarf in the corner.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Moderator Manager

To have Ralph & Alan together in a scene is mind blowing.

I think this short clip of Alan hasn't been posted here yet but this was before DH2 promos.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Daniel is also your Oscar campaign manager. Did you know he's talking you up for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for your work in the final installment?
AR: Oh, is he? That's very nice. I gotta pay him.

Have you seen him in How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying?
AR: I saw him in the first preview. Yeah, I was there cheering him on. He was brilliant.

I didn't know he could do all that musical comedy stuff.
AR: I think he can do almost anything. He's literally one of those people who, if he puts his mind to it, he'll do it. He put his mind to 'O.K., I have to dance' and became as good a dancer as anybody in the chorus. He was with them, completely. Fantastic!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Moderator Manager

More pictures of Alan at the stage door signing autographs.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top