Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe has been talking to Entertainment Weekly about the upcoming nominations for the 2012 Academy Awards, and he’s making the case for his Potter co-star Alan Rickman to land Best Supporting Actor.

Rickman is not currently thought to be among the frontrunners for that particular gong, but Radcliffe believes that his name should definitely be on the shortlist when it is announced in January.

“I don’t think there is going to be another performance from an actor in a supporting role that is so powerful,” says Radcliffe, “where the actor had the challenge of realising a scene that’s been realised millions of times the world over in the imaginations of readers.”

“That scene – those revelations about Snape’s past – represented maybe the most anticipated part of [one of] the most anticipated movies of the past 10 years,” continues the star. “I think Alan does amazing, amazing work.”

Traditionally, the Academy has tended to avoid big franchise movies when it comes to the individual acting awards. However, we’re with Radcliffe in believing Rickman deserves some recognition for the sterling work he’s put in on the Potter series over the last decade.

We’ll have to wait until the new year to find out whether he’s made it or not, with the Academy’s nominees remaining a closely guarded secret until the official announcement on 12 January 2012
Make it so, academy.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Moderator Manager

Forgot to post pictures of 'Seminar' opening night.

Quote:
There is a longstanding story that Rowling let Rickman know early on that Snape was not the bad guy or Voldemort henchman in waiting many expected him to be. Before I could even finish my question about this anecdote Rickman jumped in to clarify.

"Not true. I don't know who thinks that is true, but it's not true," Rickman says. "She gave me one tiny, little, left of field piece of information that helped me think that he was more complicated and that the story was not going to be as straight down the line as everybody thought. If you remember when I did the first film she'd only written three or four books, so nobody knew where it was really going except her. And its was important for her that I know something, but she only gave me a tiny piece of information which helped me think it was a more ambiguous route."

So, in many ways, Rickman's portrayal through the series is even more impressive as he had just one nugget to use as he shaped Snape over the years.

Rickman adds, "What I knew was he was a human being and not an automaton and I knew there was some sense of protection for Harry or I worked that out. It was enough to know, I didn't know he was a double agent."
Alan Rickman clarifies just how much J.K. Rowling told him about Snapes fate in the Harry Potter series - HitFix.com

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
So, in many ways, Rickman's portrayal through the series is even more impressive as he had just one nugget to use as he shaped Snape over the years.
Yes! He was just great!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Turns out that Professor Snape was a secret double agent. So what does that make Alan Rickman, the man who played him in the "Harry Potter" films, if he secretly knew that his character was a secret double agent?

A very well prepared actor, for one.

The Golden Globe and Emmy-winning actor was taken aside by Potter author JK Rowling and told Snape's arc to the end of the series -- and Snape's true allegiance -- years before the final book in the series, "The Deathly Hallows," was released. That enabled him to have a certain insight to the character that not even anyone on set could match.

"It was quite amusing, too, because there were times when a director would tell Alan what to do in a scene and he would say something like, 'No I can't do that - I know what is going to happen and you don't'" series producer David Heyman told the LA Times. "He had a real understanding of the character and now looking back, you can see there was always more going on there -- a look, an expression, a sentiment -- that hint at what is to come ... the shadow that he casts in these films is a huge one and the emotion he conveys is immeasurable."

That secret knowledge is something Rickman hinted at last summer.

"Certainly, I did say I needed to talk to her before I could get a handle on how to play it, and we did have a phone conversation," he told RTE. "She certainly didn't tell me what the end of the story was going to be in any way at all, so I was having to buy the books along with everybody else to find out, 'And now what?' No, she gave me one little piece of information, which I always said I would never share with anybody and never have, and never will. It wasn't a plot point, or crucial in any tangible way, but it was crucial to me as a piece of information that made me travel down that road rather than that one or that one or that one."
'Harry Potter': Snape Star Alan Rickman Told Story's End By JK Rowling

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 01-06-2012 at 11:51 PM
Old 01-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Moderator Manager

Full Alan Rickman NYTimes Arts & Leisure Weekend panel discussion on acting career - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

can someone help me out?? that scene where harry is looking at the memories Snape gave him, they show a clip where Harry is looking at Snape and he puts his finger to his lips and mouths "shh" is it from one of the other movies? if so what was that scene about bc I can't remember
Old 01-18-2012, 03:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagrey13 (View Post)
can someone help me out?? that scene where harry is looking at the memories Snape gave him, they show a clip where Harry is looking at Snape and he puts his finger to his lips and mouths "shh" is it from one of the other movies? if so what was that scene about bc I can't remember
This is from HBP at the Astronomy tower. It wasn't in the book, it was an improvised scene.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

aaahh thanks!! I can't remember that scene for some reason might have to rewatch that one
Old 01-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Moderator Manager

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 01-20-2012 at 05:46 AM
Old 01-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Credit tumblr
Old 01-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Moderator Manager

Old 02-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Snape art from Pottermore:

Pottermore Insider: Pottermore art: The Potions Master
Old 02-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Moderator Manager

Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Addicted Fan

aaaaahhhhhh. I should've went to this heaven a long time ago.

Rickman Fan, testify!

Oh, and tbh, it's my first to hear about that clarification from Rickman.

awesome snape arts!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Moderator Manager

It's never too late to join so welcome!

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top