Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Both Alan and Dan will be attending the Only Make Believe Benefit on November 14th
Only Make Believe - ONLY MAKE BELIEVE Events
Old 10-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Moderator Manager

To those who will watch him on Broadway, let me know!

Quote:
Alan Rickman is headed back to Broadway for the first time in a decade in Theresa Rebeck’s new comedy Seminar. Tickets are now on sale for this world premiere production, which also stars TV and movie favorite Jerry O’Connell, Tony nominee Lily Rabe, Hamish Linklater and Hettienne Park. The play will begin previews at the Golden Theatre on October 17 and open on November 20, directed by Sam Gold.

Seminar centers on four young aspiring novelists who are thrilled to be participating in a private seminar taught by the brilliant but unpredictable Leonard (Rickman), an international literary legend. But as Leonard deems some students more promising than others, tensions arise. Sex is used as a weapon, alliances are made and broken, and it’s not just the wordplay that turns vicious.

Rebeck has won raves for sharp comedies including Mauritius, The Understudy and The Scene, and she’s juggling writing duties on the forthcoming NBC series Smash. Get tickets now to see Rickman tackle her latest script in this exciting Broadway premiere.
Broadway.com | Tickets Now on Sale for Seminar, Starring Alan Rickman and Jerry O'Connell

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
^ Haha, how I wish they were in another life.

How fantastic it is!!!! *____* I love Snape.... this picture is killing me *___* of course I am not doing that I have to do-.- I have to learn C++ but I am posting here... but SNAPE *-*
Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Snape Dogg (View Post)
How fantastic it is!!!! *____* I love Snape.... this picture is killing me *___* of course I am not doing that I have to do-.- I have to learn C++ but I am posting here... but SNAPE *-*
Only Alan Rickman can be that fantastic. Welcome to btw.

Great article about Alan worth reading here: Alan Rickman, At the Head of the Class - Playbill.com

Also a promo shot from DH.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 11-09-2011 at 03:38 AM
Old 11-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Moderator Manager

Alan Rickman finally talks about Snape.

Quote:
I know we don’t want to give away too much about Snape, but I find a rather interesting line, which is “to burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can inflict on ourselves.” That’s a line that might be familiar to you. It’s from Blood Wedding. It’s not actually from Harry Potter. Without giving away too much, how much light does that shine on Severus Snape?
Rickman: Well, he’s very focused. He lives within very tight confines – emotionally, physically. When we finally got to play a scene in what appeared to be his house, you know I often wondered what that would look like, I remember walking onto the set and saying to (designer) Stuart Craig, “I don’t know whether he’d have all these pictures on the walls.” The books, I could understand. But in a sense, Stuart was absolutely right. This was the house that his parents built. In a way, all he does is go there and you can’t believe that he would go into that kitchen and cook any food. You wonder what he eats. Is there a takeaway somewhere at Hogwarts he occasionally orders in from? Because you can’t imagine that there is any other agenda in his life than the one he’s set himself.

You haven’t spoken much about his character over the years. How important was it to you to maintain an integrity about that?
Rickman: Very important. The world we live in now is one where we leap frog ourselves all the time, and we have to give interviews about things before people have seen them so a lot of innocence is taken away from not just children – because of course grown-ups have been enjoying this series of books – but of course I come into contact with a lot of hopeful little faces clutching whatever is their latest copy of the book. And we’ve all had this experience of being pointed out to children in the street or on a red carpet somewhere. And once they get over their confusion that I don’t have a load of black hair then you can see a huge conversation going on with themselves – with this book that has opened up their imaginations – and I’ve just never wanted to get in the way of that because it’s precious and, as I say, a kind of innocence that you can’t rip away from people.
Video: Alan Rickman finally talks about Snape - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 11-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Only Alan Rickman can be that fantastic. Welcome to btw.

Great article about Alan worth reading here: Alan Rickman, At the Head of the Class - Playbill.com

Also a promo shot from DH.

It is killing me *____*
Old 11-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson star in the lyrical PBS 'Masterpiece Contemporary' installment, adapted from Christopher Reid's book.

Television Critic"The Song of Lunch," which airs Sunday as part of PBS' "Masterpiece Contemporary" series, is something you don't see every day, not even in bardic old England, whence it comes, and where a 47-minute TV drama using a narrative poem for a screenplay would seem somewhat more likely than it would here.
'The Song of Lunch' is lyrical: Television review - Los Angeles Times

Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Love Snape/Alan! He's brilliant. Lovely picture of Emma and Alan as well.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Alan Rickman may have hung up his wand as Hogwarts potions professor Severus Snape, but he’s yet to relinquish his fictional teaching degree. For his first major post-Harry Potter outing, the 65-year-old British actor is returning to Broadway as an ornery writing great who hosts a private workshop for fledgling novelists in Theresa Rebeck’s new comedy Seminar. His character, Leonard, is ruthless, brilliant, unorthodox, and prone to giving writing advice like, “I don’t have to go past the first five words because I already know enough and I don’t give a s—.” Leonard is also, if you haven’t already guessed, just as insecure as his young students, who are played by Lily Rabe, Jerry O’Connell, Hettienne Park, and Hamish Linklater.

Seminar, which is currently in previews at the John Golden Theatre, opens on Nov. 20.
Alan Rickman in Broadway's 'Seminar' -- EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK | PopWatch | EW.com

Old 11-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I'm glad that Alan's finally talking about Snape, but I that he's stayed silent all these years to maintain the integrity of his character.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love this

From last night.

Last edited by baileycat; 11-15-2011 at 04:30 PM
Old 11-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiAjeM3 (View Post)
I'm glad that Alan's finally talking about Snape, but I that he's stayed silent all these years to maintain the integrity of his character.
Indeed. And what a character. No wonder he stayed quiet for so long!

More pics of Alan in Broadway.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow, all the photos! After seeing him as Snape for so long, he looks so different elsewhere.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 AM
Moderator Manager

I will freeze from nervousness if I have to work with Alan. But then again, I can't act like an idiot in-front of Alan Rickman. Those people are so lucky!

Old 11-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awwww!!!!!!!!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top