Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2016, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah well it's already been established that Al is the "cursed child" so it's reasonable to assume that there is some family drama between him and his dad Harry. His first year at Hogwarts isn't going to be an easy one.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Looking at the actors, I doubt this whole story will be exactly 19 years later though, maybe they go a bit further as the play goes on, since Al in the picture doesn't look he is that young. But we will see soon enough of course.

Also, Ron, Hermione and Rose being presented as Granger-Weaslys - I think it is perfectly typical of Hermione as a character to also keep her own surname, I can definitely see that.

Last edited by zeze88; 06-01-2016 at 03:30 AM
Old 06-01-2016, 04:09 AM
Elite Fan

Yep. Those kids certainly look older than 11.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hm I still think its 19 years later since they state that on the official site. But we have to understand that the young actors playing the kids have to have the maturity and the gravitas to handle the demanding parts. Alot of musicals can hire multiple child actors to play the same role. (Billy Elliot, Matilda, Annie etc) but this play is different. The commitment is different. So that's probably why they decide to go with slighter older young actors than just 11/12 year olds. It make sense to me. I want to see exceptional performances, not mediocre ones by children who's acting skills need more time and stage experience to develop.

Its MUCH easier to cast kids for film and tv because you have so many chances to retake scenes to perfect their performance on screen. Stage doesn't have that advantage.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Of course that you may be right but at the same time the article mentions that the plays begins 19 years later, that doesn't necessarily mean it stays that way. And also, Rowling pointed out that Ron in his 40s hasn't changed that much - if it is only 19 years later then she could have said "Ron in late 30's".

But anyway, our speculations will be over soon enough
Old 06-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

They revealed Ron, Hermione and Rose today. Rose looks a little bit older than 11/12 years old.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

I don't even know why I'm so invested in who is playing who. It's not like any of us will get to see the play.

If we want to know what happens we can just read the script, and envision our own version of the characters, just like we did with the books.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I don't even know why I'm so invested in who is playing who. It's not like any of us will get to see the play.

If we want to know what happens we can just read the script, and envision our own version of the characters, just like we did with the books.
J.K said that the scipt with be out in book form at the end of July. I think on her birthday.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze88 (View Post)
Of course that you may be right but at the same time the article mentions that the plays begins 19 years later, that doesn't necessarily mean it stays that way. And also, Rowling pointed out that Ron in his 40s hasn't changed that much - if it is only 19 years later then she could have said "Ron in late 30's".

But anyway, our speculations will be over soon enough
Yes, there's a really good chance that since the play is in two parts it could mean they START at 19 years later and go through the time of Al's Hogwarts years not just his first year which makes complete sense to have an older kids rather than try to make 11/12 year olds act older. More believable that way.

Yes jon robb66, the script book will be out on midnight of July 30th. I'm hopefully attending a midnight release party at my local bookstore where I preordered it. Can't wait.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:01 PM
Moderator Manager

I love the Granger-Weasley family pic so much. Rose even matched her dad's smile. UGH.

Paul stated in the article below that the play is 19 years later but I agree that the kids don't look like their age. I'm guessing they progress much later in the play, maybe 2 or 3 years more.

Quote:
Paul Thornley on playing Ron Weasley:

‘It’s 19 years later when the play begins,’ Paul explained. ‘Ron is married to Hermione Granger and they’re now the Granger-Weasleys. Our magnificent daughter Rose Granger-Weasley is about to start at Hogwarts, which is obviously a big day for everyone.’

‘We had to make it look as though he doesn’t really care what he wears in the morning,’ Paul Thornley said.

‘We wanted to find a jumper, that is definitely his favourite jumper, and that I think gets washed occasionally. He wants to essentially be comfortable at all times, hence comfortable cords, comfortable jumper, comfortable shoes. I don’t believe he’s a man who spends an awful lot of time shopping.’

‘The technical rehearsal is where you put all the components together,’ Paul said. ‘All the lights, the sound, the magic – which I’m not going to tell you about – the illusions – which I’m not going to tell you about – and the costumes, and for us to find our places on the stage. We also try to all fit backstage and get the various scenery on and off without bumping into each other, which is sometimes successful.’
Quote:
Noma Dumezwani on playing Hermione Granger-Weasley:

Olivier Award-winner Noma was understandably thrilled with her makeover. She looks formidable in deep blue and brandishing Hermione’s wand.

‘Being in full costume for the first time was stunning, because I went, “Ahhh there you are”,’ she reminisced fondly.

‘Every time I’m in the auditorium I turn around to people or say to myself, “I’m in that show, I’m in that show.” I want to see it so much. I am so proud that I am in it.’
Quote:
Cherrelle Skeete on playing Rose Weasley:

‘I can’t think about how big it is or I’ll just faint,’ Cherrelle said. ‘Putting on my uniform, ready to go to Hogwarts, and seeing everyone else in their uniform was exciting. I’ve been looking at it every day in the wardrobe department, waiting for the day I can get on the Hogwarts Express.’

‘Rose is ambitious, obviously her mum is Hermione so she’s got a lot to live up to. I think they’re quite similar in the fact they put a lot of pressure on themselves. And she just wants to do the right thing.’

‘It’s just a real joy to watch everyone else’s work and to see all the elements of the show coming together, especially coming into the theatre.’ Cherrelle added. ‘It’s amazing to sit in the stalls and watch and it’s a blessing to know that I’m a part of this team.’
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...acters-104214/

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love all the news bits we're getting!
Old 06-01-2016, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Draco in Cursed Child!

Quote:
Alex Price and Anthony Boyle will play Draco and Scorpius Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two, and J.K. Rowling teases that Scorpius will ‘do nothing to turn girls off the Malfoy men.’

We’re only days away from the first preview of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two and we now know who will be playing Draco and Scorpius Malfoy – and what their characters look like in costume.

Here we see Malfoy father and son: Alex Price as Harry’s former school nemesis Draco Malfoy, and Anthony Boyle in the role of his son, Scorpius.

Alex Price is no stranger to otherworldly television dramas, having previously appeared in television dramas Merlin, Penny Dreadful and Doctor Who. He is also a prominent force in the theatre, with credits including 3 Winters, Birdland and Before the Party.

Belfast-based actor Anthony Boyle was trained at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, and has appeared in productions including Herons and East Belfast Boy, the latter of which he co-wrote.

As Scorpius Malfoy, Anthony looks the spitting image of his stage dad. J.K. Rowling said: ‘I love Draco and Scorpius – they actually look related!’

The transformation also presented another challenge for Anthony – going blond.

‘It was such a game changer,’ Anthony said of his new look. ‘As soon as I saw it, it was like, “Okay, I’m playing Scorpius Malfoy – this is real now.” That was such a big moment.’

Just like Albus Severus Potter and Rose Granger-Weasley, Scorpius will wear the Hogwarts uniform during Cursed Child, with a typical Malfoy twist.

‘He’s wearing the official Hogwarts uniform before you go and get sorted into your house. He’s a Malfoy so his clothes should be really expensive but quite constraining to make him feel a bit awkward.’

J.K. Rowling also teased that Scorpius might be a hit with the ladies. She said: ‘I've got a feeling Scorpius is going to do nothing to turn girls off the Malfoy men.’

When asked how he worked on making Draco’s character his own, Alex Price said the script gave him everything he needed.

‘Jack Thorne’s script. Start right there,’ Alex said. ‘And there’s obviously a massive history of books to draw on. You could tie yourself in knots worrying about it. But our first job is to serve this play and J.K. Rowling’s characters as best we can.'

The actor also touched on the pressure behind being part of such a huge production.

‘The world outside has been brilliantly marshalled and been kept away from us by our producers. It’s only slowly starting to rear its head now and it’s intimidating, a little scary, but also very exciting because Jack is such a brilliant writer and he’s taken the story into a great place 19 years later, particularly for Draco.’

‘You can just feel the excitement in the building,’ Anthony added. ‘We’ve been in the Palace Theatre for over four weeks now which is where we can do all the things you couldn’t do in the rehearsal room. We just can’t wait to show it to everyone.’

We can’t wait to find out what Draco and Scorpius Malfoy do next.
https://www.pottermore.com/news/curs...s-in-character
Old 06-01-2016, 11:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Finally, the baddies are announced.

BTS of the character photo shoots:

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

BEHIND THE SCENES VIDEO OF THE PHOTOSHOOT!

Old 06-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love that photoshoot. So glad we got those pics!!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top