View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 10:01 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Fan Forum Legend

I love the Granger-Weasley family pic so much. Rose even matched her dad's smile. UGH.

Paul stated in the article below that the play is 19 years later but I agree that the kids don't look like their age. I'm guessing they progress much later in the play, maybe 2 or 3 years more.

Quote:
Paul Thornley on playing Ron Weasley:

‘It’s 19 years later when the play begins,’ Paul explained. ‘Ron is married to Hermione Granger and they’re now the Granger-Weasleys. Our magnificent daughter Rose Granger-Weasley is about to start at Hogwarts, which is obviously a big day for everyone.’

‘We had to make it look as though he doesn’t really care what he wears in the morning,’ Paul Thornley said.

‘We wanted to find a jumper, that is definitely his favourite jumper, and that I think gets washed occasionally. He wants to essentially be comfortable at all times, hence comfortable cords, comfortable jumper, comfortable shoes. I don’t believe he’s a man who spends an awful lot of time shopping.’

‘The technical rehearsal is where you put all the components together,’ Paul said. ‘All the lights, the sound, the magic – which I’m not going to tell you about – the illusions – which I’m not going to tell you about – and the costumes, and for us to find our places on the stage. We also try to all fit backstage and get the various scenery on and off without bumping into each other, which is sometimes successful.’
Quote:
Noma Dumezwani on playing Hermione Granger-Weasley:

Olivier Award-winner Noma was understandably thrilled with her makeover. She looks formidable in deep blue and brandishing Hermione’s wand.

‘Being in full costume for the first time was stunning, because I went, “Ahhh there you are”,’ she reminisced fondly.

‘Every time I’m in the auditorium I turn around to people or say to myself, “I’m in that show, I’m in that show.” I want to see it so much. I am so proud that I am in it.’
Quote:
Cherrelle Skeete on playing Rose Weasley:

‘I can’t think about how big it is or I’ll just faint,’ Cherrelle said. ‘Putting on my uniform, ready to go to Hogwarts, and seeing everyone else in their uniform was exciting. I’ve been looking at it every day in the wardrobe department, waiting for the day I can get on the Hogwarts Express.’

‘Rose is ambitious, obviously her mum is Hermione so she’s got a lot to live up to. I think they’re quite similar in the fact they put a lot of pressure on themselves. And she just wants to do the right thing.’

‘It’s just a real joy to watch everyone else’s work and to see all the elements of the show coming together, especially coming into the theatre.’ Cherrelle added. ‘It’s amazing to sit in the stalls and watch and it’s a blessing to know that I’m a part of this team.’
http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...acters-104214/