Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Alex Price on playing Draco Malfoy:

‘Jack Thorne’s script. Start right there,’ Alex said. ‘And there’s obviously a massive history of books to draw on. You could tie yourself in knots worrying about it. But our first job is to serve this play and J.K. Rowling’s characters as best we can.'

‘The world outside has been brilliantly marshalled and been kept away from us by our producers. It’s only slowly starting to rear its head now and it’s intimidating, a little scary, but also very exciting because Jack is such a brilliant writer and he’s taken the story into a great place 19 years later, particularly for Draco.’
Quote:
Anthony Boyle on playing Scorpius Malfoy:

‘It was such a game changer,’ Anthony said of his new look. ‘As soon as I saw it, it was like, “Okay, I’m playing Scorpius Malfoy – this is real now.” That was such a big moment.’

‘He’s wearing the official Hogwarts uniform before you go and get sorted into your house. He’s a Malfoy so his clothes should be really expensive but quite constraining to make him feel a bit awkward.’

‘You can just feel the excitement in the building,’ Anthony added. ‘We’ve been in the Palace Theatre for over four weeks now which is where we can do all the things you couldn’t do in the rehearsal room. We just can’t wait to show it to everyone.’
J.K. Rowling & new Malfoy actors discuss 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' casting - SnitchSeeker.com

And screengrabs from the BTS. The Paul & Noma pics killed me. Jamie looks like James Potter though, which is really good casting since Harry looks like his father (or should I blame that on the eyeglasses, LOL).

Video: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child plays' behind-the-scenes look at cast photo session - SnitchSeeker.com

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 06-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 06-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Scorpius looks kind of scared of his father

When Jo said Ron is not that different than in his teen years - I do hope she meant his humor and carefree attitude. I would hate to see Ron so jealous and insecure like he was when he was younger. Plus, constant, often petty bickering with Hermione would look rather odd in their 40's, hopefully they toned it down over the years.

Last edited by zeze88; 06-03-2016 at 12:02 PM
Old 06-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Loving all the goodies!!

Scorpius does look intimidated a bit.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:28 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze88 (View Post)
Scorpius looks kind of scared of his father
Yeah, we were talking about that on the Draco thread and Scorpius does look scared in that pic.

Quote:
When Jo said Ron is not that different than in his teen years - I do hope she meant his humor and carefree attitude. I would hate to see Ron so jealous and insecure like he was when he was younger. Plus, constant, often petty bickering with Hermione would look rather odd in their 40's, hopefully they toned it down over the years.
I think she meant exactly that: the humor and attitude. By now they have grown up a lot, Ron is a husband and father now. Gone are the bickering days and his insecurity. I would like to see this other side of Ron explored now.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 06-04-2016, 04:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I think she meant exactly that: the humor and attitude. By now they have grown up a lot, Ron is a husband and father now. Gone are the bickering days and his insecurity. I would like to see this other side of Ron explored now.
I hope so. On the other hand, who knows whether we will see Ron and the rest a lot and their new characteristics, it seems the story is mainly about Albus and then Harry I guess.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I see it as an Al and Harry relationship story more than anything else. Harry's fame (that he never asked for and is still following him) has had a negative impact on his sensitive son. And now both have to deal with it as Al tries to "fly the nest" into independence and make his own way.

Seriously impressed with the audience who saw the last dress rehearsal last night. No one has blabbed openly on twitter and spilled any spoilers yet. But we know that won't last with the first preview next week.

I guess everyone got one of these who attended. I wonder if the preview audiences will get them too.

Last edited by baileycat; 06-04-2016 at 08:03 AM
Old 06-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

But James is Harry's son too. Wouldn't he have the same problem?
Old 06-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, all kids are different with how they cope and adapt. And as we saw in the epilogue James seemed pretty fine with everything. It was Al who was anxious and worried about his first year. So right off the bat you could tell he was struggling.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

What does he expect to happen? Some evil force attacks the school and everyone looks to him to save it because he's Harry Potter's son?
Old 06-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not quite. But certainly everyone thought of his dad as a savior. The vanquisher of the Dark Lord. He's a hero, a legend. I'm sure there are those who expect children of legends to possess the same traits and to be equally as cool. He's living in his father's shadow trying to figure out himself. That's got to be extremely difficult.

And then there's Harry who knows he's not "cool" and powerful and only wishes to be treated normally. The heroic task of defeating Voldemort was something he knew he had to do. Bearing the fame has always been a unpleasant side effect. And watching his son cope with it too is also challenging.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

I think Head of the Auror department is a big responsibility. If Harry didn't want the attention he shouldn't have stayed in that kind of life. But he did.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well its got to be super stressful. Maybe that's part of the struggle he's having. It will be interesting to find out.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
Well its got to be super stressful. Maybe that's part of the struggle he's having. It will be interesting to find out.
Exactly, I am also very interested to see what it is about. I like the fact that it seems this play will have a grown up theme which makes sense since the generation who grew up with Potter series are adults.

Quote:
I think Head of the Auror department is a big responsibility. If Harry didn't want the attention he shouldn't have stayed in that kind of life. But he did.
To be fair though, Harry would have the attention no matter the job. I don't think he can escape that kind of life - I think this could only be truly possible if he decided to live like a muggle.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the tweets!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top