Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGEIII (View Post)
What Does It Mean? Warner Bros. Acquires "Cursed Child" Trademarks - MuggleNet

Warner Brothers has applied for trademark on the "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" title, which would include a license to make "motion picture films"

They would not have done that unless they had the rights from Jo.

So yea, the film(s) is(are) happening.
Probably, but not necessarily.

Applying for trademark and film rights is standard with something like this because it provides extra legal protection for the characters and the story. It can be as simple as getting the right to have a CGI version of one of the characters for a theme park ride. It doesn't mean that a film will be made.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good point! WBros is nothing if not careful that others can't acquire trademarks that could jeopardize their branding on the Potterverse.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

i don't know why we use spoilers tag in this thread but anyway.

Spoiler:

i forgot to add
Spoiler:

Last edited by GreenPark; 08-02-2016 at 03:09 PM
Old 08-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

mine came today!!! gonna start reading tonight!
Old 08-03-2016, 12:57 AM
Moderator Manager

Actually, we really don't need spoiler tags at least on this thread since it has SPOILERS on the thread title. Either way, tags come off on Sunday so that's not a long wait and besides majority of the posts here are still complying.

As far as a movie is concerned, I think that will be far along if they do decide to do that. What's bound to happen more are international tours:

Quote:
Sonia Friedman (producer): “Our only immediate objective was to get to today, but Colin and I said that next week we’re going to sit down, have a cappuccino and start talking about what’s next. Of course, it would be disingenuous to think New York and Broadway weren’t part of our thinking.”

“Harry Potter, the brand and the story, are as iconic over there as anywhere in the world, and, Colin and I being theater producers and Broadway producers, of course it’s on our radar, but where, how, when and with whom, we have no idea. We don’t have answers yet, but will have some soon. Until then, if you hear anything about where we’re going, when we’re going or how we’re going, it’s not true.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze88 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPark (View Post)
i forgot to add
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-03-2016, 06:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Look at this cast so perfect
Old 08-03-2016, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Look at this cast so perfect
The main three especially - I can't get over how perfect they look. I don't think I could imagine these characters played by any other people now.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Reading the book made me realize how important Goblet of Fire is. So I better start rereading it

Spoiler:
Old 08-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 08-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
Reading the book made me realize how important Goblet of Fire is. So I better start rereading it

Spoiler:
The details would be in the actual watching of the play and see it unfold before you, live. I saw a critique the other day from a diehard fan who's only complaint was that of the style it was written in. Obviously this person had never read a play script before. There's no internal monologues from Harry. We can only watch what he does and see him react. But because we know him so well as a teenager we can easily interpret his feelings even without having to read them anymore. I think that says alot about us.

I've since given the book to my brother who's an actor, and who reads scripts all the time for his work so he's quite use to the format and doesn't see it as a hindrance at all. So far he's enjoying it. Other actors are pretty much telling book readers who are new to the format to read it out loud. I think that's wise advice.

I highly doubt someone as skilled as Jack Thorne as a playwright reads fan-fiction. Jo wrote the story and then Jack took that story and turned it into a play because she had never written a play before and needed a professional to do it right. I think he did an excellent job at capturing the characters the way she intended.

When Ginny met Ginny!

and HBC! But where's her daughter, Delphi?

I need to see what Delphi looks like now.

Last edited by baileycat; 08-03-2016 at 06:22 PM
Old 08-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Apparently Michael Gambon was there tonight too.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Wow. That's pretty cool.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Now all we need is Dan to come and watch Jamie. I know he said he won't for a while until the hype dies down a bit but I look forward to the day.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top