Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2023, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

^^ That's a perspective that also that for me needs more explaining to understand.

I don't get why a parent refuses to let their kids talk to the police. They feel they're protecting them but in the meantime another kid could be taken and in the end can be worse off for the kid. I don't get that.
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 12:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I just think it'd be interesting to see someone who was abused as a child in a position like you said - either abuser, or helping abusers. A throwback to an early episode, & a way of showing where people can go after experiencing abuse. Even if it is just the one instance. Sometimes it can also be due to what happens after, like the parent sheltering the child & probably would continue refusing to talk about it & wanting to bury it. That wouldn't be a good thing for the child, so she'd probably be left with issues that are unresolved & feelings she doesn't feel like she can express. So what would she be like as an adult?

I do & don't get it. I can understand wanting to protect the child from the negative experience & reliving it. Especially if you're watching your child in pain, upset about it. But if it means someone else might get hurt because you aren't letting the police talk to your child? That's hard to understand or accept

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

^ It could even be a case of 'Stockholm syndrome' that never left even though the perp is in jail. The child grew up with the inner turmoil of wanting to protect the abuser.

Quote:
But if it means someone else might get hurt because you aren't letting the police talk to your child? That's hard to understand or accept.
This is exactly it.
Old 04-21-2023, 01:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Possibly. It would at least affect how the child opens up & lets people in & responds to bad things & things that hurt her in the future.

Bigger picture needs to be found sometimes . Olivia knows what she's doing talking to children

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-21-2023, 06:22 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I do like that later seasons have some recurring characters. But I always wanted more of seeing people or perps that weren't caught or got off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B ē tt ⓨ (View Post)
No one in particular comes to mind as it's hard to remember after so many seasons for SVU, but I did love John Stamos appearance.
His episode was a doozy. And he played it so well. He was so proud of himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Someone I wish to see again - Judith Light
She's a judge, right? I really liked her dynamic with the ADAs on SVU.
Old 04-21-2023, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

I loved Stamos' role because it was so outside of what we know him for as "Uncle Jesse" on Full House. It was great to see him in something so different.
Old 04-21-2023, 07:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)
I do like that later seasons have some recurring characters. But I always wanted more of seeing people or perps that weren't caught or got off.
That'd be really interesting to see too. The world isn't perfect, unfortunately there's a lot of people out there who get away with crimes. It is good to show the good & the bad in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis (View Post)
She's a judge, right? I really liked her dynamic with the ADAs on SVU.
Yes. Judith Light played Elizabeth Donnelly

While they do seem to still reuse judges, I don't seem to notice so much now?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-23-2023, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

There are more episodes than I realized that ended with the perps getting off. So those would be some perfect storylines to revisit because they did it again and they can get 'em!
Old 04-24-2023, 01:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah there possibly is more than you remember/realise

That'd be really interesting if they could do that too . Bring them back, get them this time

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-24-2023, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Or have one of those episodes that is so 'misleading' to us as a viewer, where we're seeing the tale end of court proceedings and they're 'not guilty'.

Then it says, 3 weeks prior....

And it goes back to a UC job and and the perp...then we see the court room again and the guy just found 'not guilty', exits the courtroom to only be charged with a different crime from the UC op.
Old 04-24-2023, 06:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh all the twists that would have

I do enjoy when they mix things up so the episode doesn't follow the traditional format

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-25-2023, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

^^ I do too, that way it's not predictable and keeps you more engaged to wanting to know the outcome.
Old 04-26-2023, 12:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Wish they'd do more of them

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-28-2023, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Again, we should be the writers!
Old 04-30-2023, 12:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager