Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2023, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that you should do the honor of starting it.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Doing that just sent me down a rabbit hole . Got highly sidetracked but going to have it set up soon

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 03:00 AM
Graphics Team

She had a lot of great lines.
Old 07-18-2023, 01:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That she does

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-19-2023, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw that video many times and it is one of the best Alex fan videos IMO. I need to watch it again later.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It was a good one I enjoyed it not sure if it is my fav I've watched but it is a good one

(Also started the Alex/Olivia thread here too)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-21-2023, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just posted at that thread.

Also here is a video from a classic Alex scene.

Old 07-21-2023, 02:51 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for that one

Even Cragen in that scene is great. But she's especially amazing . She just has this 'I don't care, you're in the wrong & my squad is in the right, you can go now' attitude

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-22-2023, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad that you love it. That scene really cemented Alex's place in the squad by having their back in telling off the IAB. Plus Captain Cragen's reaction is so priceless. He was like a proud father.
Old 07-23-2023, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that! Really is a classic!
B ē tt ⓨ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Glad that you love it. That scene really cemented Alex's place in the squad by having their back in telling off the IAB. Plus Captain Cragen's reaction is so priceless. He was like a proud father.
I agree, it did. It showed Cragen (& the fans) that this person coming in wasn't there to hurt anyone or break up the squad. She was there to support them & lift them up, not knock them down. She also knew exactly what she was doing & talking about

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-24-2023, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

^^ Well said.

I've noticed that with any 'new face', the first knee jerk reaction is that they're going to do something bad to the team.
Old 07-24-2023, 01:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

A lot of fans automatically think that. Especially when they replace someone.

Alex wasn't replacing anyone. At the end of S1 the SVU squad were under investigation & part of the police commission's decision was to tell Cragen there was a set ADA assigned to them/their cases (even though her assignment had nothing to do with the issues & was happening anyway). This was Alex. Who from the start told him she was there to support them/him, not throw them under the bus. But obviously they were in a rough patch so automatically there is the natural question at least foe Cragen on if he can trust her. But he also had to go deal with other things (his behavioural issues in his squad) so she approached him at the wrong time. I think she proves herself to him before the end of the episode

Given the timing & that someone did get assigned out of the team (& we got Fin assigned in) it is a natural moment & understandable questioning. Unlike when people jump on characters just because they are new

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-25-2023, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

That's the big thing Alex was not replacing anyone, but the same can be said of others that came in.

I mean Chris Meloni left the show of his own choice to pursue other roles. Then Danny Pino comes in and there's hate and it's like, for what?

Quote:
Who from the start told him she was there to support them/him, not throw them under the bus.
This!! Like most people that join up are not looking to replace but a behind the scenes look shows when they're 'fired' or written out, that is replacing them with young and fresh aka Muncy/Churlish.

Alex Cabot was never a replacement and the idea that she ever was had to have come from someone who just didn't like her?
Old 07-25-2023, 01:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

But Danny WAS replacing someone. Yes it may be choice for some actors to leave but viewers don't always see that. Just as they don't see that a new character coming in will be different & can be appreciated for that & is necessary to fill the void left by the departing character. It should simply be a character filling the void but it isn't, it is seen as a replacement. So completely different situation to when Alex came in. The only void she came to fill was the fact that the show didn't have a set ADA & had been borrowing some from L&O.

Who said she was a replacement?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread