Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The problem that most R/L fans have is that the proposal was a bit OOC. It seemed forced. R/L had grown as a couple throughout the season, just a couple episodes ago they had the Logan character factoring Rory in, then they do a complete 180 on us. It was out of sync with the storyline and character development to that point.
The situation itself changed IMO, Rory didn't get the job she wanted (something she was hoping for in 'Hay Bale Maze' and at that point Logan was still trying to get his mind set on what he wanted), but by the time of this ep, Rory was the one without a job and Logan with a job.. The scenery itself changed, and Logan had a place where he could be in the future, and he wanted Rory there.. The proposal itself wasn't that OOC for me..
I think most of the RL fans wouldn't have thought it was OOC if Rory had said yes.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica20121984 (View Post)
I'm glad that Rory put herself first, cause that's what the show is about, the girls not their guys.
If Rory is ever gonna have a sucessful long-term relationship with a guy, she's just gonna have to grow out of that attitude, or else she'll end up alone with her mother.

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
GEORGEIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
The situation itself changed IMO, Rory didn't get the job she wanted (something she was hoping for in 'Hay Bale Maze' and at that point Logan was still trying to get his mind set on what he wanted), but by the time of this ep, Rory was the one without a job and Logan with a job.. The scenery itself changed, and Logan had a place where he could be in the future, and he wanted Rory there.. The proposal itself wasn't that OOC for me..
I think most of the RL fans wouldn't have thought it was OOC if Rory had said yes.
True enough, but if the situations had been reversed, had Rory been the one with the job and Logan without, I have no doubt that Logan would have followed Rory to wherever she went. Rory was not ready or willing to do so, hence Logan was obviously more invested in their relationship than she ever was.

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
Old 05-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have no doubt that Logan would have followed Rory to wherever she went.
I think he would have followed her yes, but then again I don't think Logan would have popped the question at that time..

Old 05-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I think he would have followed her yes, but then again I don't think Logan would have popped the question at that time..
Yes. I agree.

But didn't you find it a bit OOC, nevertheless? I mean, Wouldn't the Logan that we've always known, that knows that Rory is a debater and a planner, would he really propose to Rory without discussing the fact of him moving to SF first? Especially given the discussions in 7.18? The proposal seems a writer's device to break them up, since without out the proposal, they would have been perfectly fine, I believe.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Wouldn't the Logan that we've always known, that knows that Rory is a debater and a planner, would he really propose to Rory without discussing the fact of him moving to SF first?
I don't find it that OOC, because he did give her the time to think about it.. He didn't force the decision on her on the night of the proposal. So to that level he understood that she needed time to do whatever she does, pro/con lists and that whole ordeal.

If there wouldn't be a proposal, I'm still not sure if Logan had asked Rory to go with him to California, if she would have joined him...

Old 05-10-2007, 05:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
If there wouldn't be a proposal, I'm still not sure if Logan had asked Rory to go with him to California, if she would have joined him...
And hence this supports my contention that Logan was always more invested in them as a couple that she ever was...

Old 05-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGEIII (View Post)
If Rory is ever gonna have a sucessful long-term relationship with a guy, she's just gonna have to grow out of that attitude, or else she'll end up alone with her mother.
She's 22 she has plenty of time to have a long term relation ship. And I'm sorry but since when putting yourself and your job first is a bad thing? We'll just have to agree to disagree here cause I'll never understand why Rory is a bad person because she can't see herself married yet.

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And hence this supports my contention that Logan was always more invested in them as a couple that she ever was...
Then again, what we do is fan spec, and we're not entirely sure what he'd do. IMO the situation is different for both characters and I don't want to say that Logan was more invested. You could put it in 2 different categories, because Rory was invested in this relationship by offering the loong distance relationship again, and Logan was against that in the last ep..

Old 05-10-2007, 05:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Rory was invested in this relationship by offering the loong distance relationship again
I'm sorry, but if you offer a long-distance relationship while you have a commitment is investment (i.e. Logan going to London).

Offering a long-distance relationship while you have NO JOB, no commitment slowing you down is decidely not.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

Rory going to Palo Alto would have closed many opportunities for her. She sent a million resumes and she would have to make sacrifices; why should she be the one making sacrifices? She doesn't have a job YET, I agree with that but she can't settle down until she has one

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica20121984 (View Post)
Rory going to Palo Alto would have closed many opportunities for her. She sent a million resumes and she would have to make sacrifices; why should she be the one making sacrifices? She doesn't have a job YET, I agree with that but she can't settle down until she has one

I don't disagree with this, it just underscores that Logan was the one more committed to the relationship, not Rory.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

For people in southern California - KTLA will re-air Unto the Breach on Saturday:

Quote:
KTLA
On Tuesday, May 8, KTLA interrupted episodes of Gilmore Girls and
Veronica Mars in order to bring Los Angeles viewers live breaking news
coverage of the wildfire burning in Griffith Park.

The interrupted episodes will be rebroadcast in their entirety on
Saturday, May 12. The schedule is as follows:

8:00 p.m.: Gilmore Girls
9:00 p.m. Veronica Mars

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

what's with all rory bashing? really? i wasn't happy when she said no to his proposal, but she obviously is not ready for marriage yet.
colorblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
She didn't want to go when she didn't know what she was going to do with her career. She didn't want anything to prohibit her from choosing a job somewhere. She was willing to try the long distance thing again if it worked out that they would be physically separated by their jobs. I don't know if Logan was more invested in the relationship. Granted, he had a job already and Rory didn't, but he wasn't allowing her to find her job before asking her to move to SF and marry him.

I don't think either were acting OOC through this proposal and breakup. This was just something that they couldn't workout. Logan wanted marriage and Rory wanted the freedom to chose a job.
Shanti70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread