Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Unto the Breach - Discussion

Richard and Emily throw a party for Rory on the night before graduation, and they perform a song for her. At the party, Lorelai reunites with Christopher for the first time since their breakup; and Logan surprises Rory with a big question that she waits until graduation day to answer. Also, Luke is hurt by something he overhears Lorelai saying regarding him.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Read the PBP can't wait to see it!
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

great episode!! emily/richard singing...so funny!!! i'm sad the show is almost over..i'll miss the new episodes. i felt bad for luke after he heard lorelai say it didn't mean anything...but i love that he got rory a graduation present
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Tonight's episode was bittersweet due to the recent news of the show's cancellation. That being said, it was one of the best episodes to ever grace the airwaves of the WB/CW. I honestly don't get why this season has been getting so much slack. IMHO Season 7 is wonderful, classy television and in terms of quality, it's right up there with Season 1 if you ask me. I'm sorry to see it end and the cancellation was definitely unexpected (I just found out last night and was totally and completely shocked and disheartened), but when I think about it this year was actually a very fitting end to an amazing run. I am going to miss my Gilmore Girls though. Until next week, Bon Voyage...
obsession as an art form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

I've enjoyed the season too, obsession as an art form. I'm ready for the show to end but I felt sad when they advertised next week's episode as the series finale.

I loved Emily and Richard's song.

I felt bad for both Logan and Rory, but I understood both of their points of view. If Rory's not ready to marry him, she shouldn't do it, but I don't know that a cross-country relationship is the right thing for them either. It was different when it was thought to be temporary (his year in London).

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Loved tonight's episode. It just stinks that as soon as it comes back to the show we know and loved, that it is leaving.
icon credit to Cristolfe
charminggirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Total Fan

Did anyone else start to tear up at the preview? Just the moment they said, "the series finale" and the music started I was blubbering like a baby! I can't do it guys! I will not get through this final episode without crying like crazy!

I know it's just a show but it's like losing a friendship! lol

I also was choked up at the end when Rory was packing up and her and lorelai were moving things...of course they had to throw a funny moment in there, "are you sure peanuts grow in the ground, mom I'm a college grad I know my stuff!"

And Kirk in the box - this is why I'm going to miss the show. Just these stupid tender moments. There is just no show like it and it's so bittersweet. I know I'll get over it but these last few episodes have been so good it's like finally having our old GG back and it's leaving.
Gilmoregirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Very good episode, not the best but definately good! I couldn't enjoy it though, I don't know if it was the episode itself or if it was because of the "GG being cancelled" thing! Maybe both! I cried at alot of scenes.

I am so mad at Logan, sure he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her but he could have given her time. She already had alot of really important decisions to figure out in her life and then he has to go throw that at her...infront of all her family and friends too! He was being a selfish jerk and I am so mad at him. I might have forgiven him if he didn't break up with her, he knew she loved him, she was just not ready to be married. She wants a job, and she wants to travel but no, he has to move her to California! What happened to him "factoring her into his life?" He ruined Rorys graduation and he ruined the episode. I'm not impressed with him at all!

I was really hoping for more Lorelai and Rory sentimental moments like for her Chilton grad. At least a hug at the end when they were packing Rorys stuff I did like the look and stare when Rory was walking off the stage though so sweet! Lorelai getting all teary......This was the scene that had me crying the most! I really liked the last scene with them talking witty and Rory saying goodbye to her apartment. Hehe they just had to throw that hilarious scene in at the end didn't they They knew we would need it hehe! Me and my sister couldn't stop laughing! "what do you mean peanuts don't grow on trees?!" "I'm a Yale graduate, trust me!"

Thats all for now, more on the rest later!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Extreme Fan

How can anyone love this episode? DR is the worst writer ever, he doesn't even remember anything that happend earlier on the show.

I seriously don't think there could be anything worse. I feel for the ones that were unspoilt.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hated this episode thats all I can say. Don't hate Logan, I mean he loved her and wanted to show it in front of her family and he wanted their relationship to go forward. I feel like crying I can't write here anymore. Plus Rory didn't have a job at the moment and she could have gotten one in california after all she applied at the chronicle which is near Palo Alto. Logan did give Rory time from what I read she is the one who choose to answer him at her graduation

Last edited by fox24; 05-08-2007 at 09:45 PM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Opps sorry.

Roiry didn't want him, how could they continue from that? There was no other way. Rory (read DR) ruined the graduation, not Logan.

Last edited by La Linn; 05-10-2007 at 03:51 PM
La Linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ASP would have never ruined Rorys graduation like that like Rory I feel like I am going to throw up and I only read about what happens during the last part
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, I like the way the Rory storyline is going. I found her more enjoyable this episode than I have in a long time.

I was surprised at Logan though-- I mean, if she had gotten the fellowship she'd wanted, what would he have done? What happened to the whole 'I don't want you to factor me in', and then he tries to make her decision for her by binding her to him?

The cancellation is a little sad-- just because I feel like they need more time to fix LL, but I'll live.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsession as an art form (View Post)
Tonight's episode was bittersweet due to the recent news of the show's cancellation. That being said, it was one of the best episodes to ever grace the airwaves of the WB/CW. I honestly don't get why this season has been getting so much slack. IMHO Season 7 is wonderful, classy television and in terms of quality, it's right up there with Season 1 if you ask me. I'm sorry to see it end and the cancellation was definitely unexpected (I just found out last night and was totally and completely shocked and disheartened), but when I think about it this year was actually a very fitting end to an amazing run. I am going to miss my Gilmore Girls though. Until next week, Bon Voyage...
I agree. I've really enjoyed this season, and although it will be sad to see the finale next week, it really is time for it to end.

I'm very sad about Rory and Logan's break-up, but it was done really well. I understood why Logan couldn't stay with Rory if she didn't want to marry him, and I understood why Rory didn't want to marry him. I was worried it wouldn't make sense with regard to the progress their relationship has made this season.

It was a fantastic episode. I love everything -- Lorelai refusing the give advice about Logan's proposal, the town wanting to go to Rory's graduation, Richard telling Lorelai to enjoy Rory's graduation, Emily and Richard's song, etc.

Even though I'm glad the show is ending, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it. I can't believe next week is the last episode, especially after such a great episode tonight.

Joy, I teared up at the promo too.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Best part - they are divorced !!!!
FuzzyCerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top