Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
IMHO Season 7 is wonderful, classy television and in terms of quality, it's right up there with Season 1 if you ask me.
ITA I enjoyed this season a lot..

Quote:
ASP would have never ruined Rorys graduation like that like Rory I feel like I am going to throw up and I only read about what happens during the last part
ASP might have done it sooner, or perhaps during the sweeps period as well... What ASP might have done is something we will never know...

Quote:
Best part - they are divorced !!!!
Good news!

Rory saying no.. I knew that would happen, so not a huge surpise me, but still painful.
I totally get Logan's side, but we shouldn't forget Rory's side of the story either.. She has quite reasonable reasons for her saying 'no'
She's young that's one of it, not the most important, but she also wants to see where things are taking her.. She wants to have a choice in the matter where she lives, and Logan had all of that planned out, which is really sweet and it broke me to see Logan's face when he realised she was going to say 'no' but IMO it's also important for Rory to make her own choices about where she wants to live or work, and that shouldn't be done by somebody else.

I did not like Lorelai during this situation to be quite honest.. She just broke up and you'll say 'you'll meet someone else and you want hesitate?' Who says that? That's not really that much of a great response IMO..

Still it's painful to see them break up this way.. I guess this will leave all doors open to all ships concerning Rory.. Even for the Sophies IMO

Lorelai and Luke were great once again. Lots of tense situations but they're getting back on track.. Definitely!

I liked the graduation ceremony. I loved Emily, Richard, Paris and even Chris... He belonged there, and I'm glad he was at this graduation.

I did still manage to enjoy the episode.. that was what surprised me!!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 05-09-2007 at 03:22 AM
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

I thought it was a perfect episode, a little slow motion but that fits with the end of the show, it's time to think for the girls and the ep showed that perfect IMO.

Am I weird that I screamed "do it" at my poor pc when Luke thought about giving Lorelai the necklace in the diner? He didn't do it - of course *sigh*

Kirk in the box was awesome , this guy surprises me everytime. I would definitely watch a spin off with him I also enjoyed the town meeting, classic moment

And finally we got more Emily and Richard. Richard was awesome how he told Lorelai to enjoy the graduation and their song for Rory was so sweet *sigh again*, I'm gonna miss them so much.

I didn't get why Logan forced Rory to do an all or nothing decision. Maybe the long distance thing wouldn't have worked out but he didn't even want to ty. And that after his maze speech. I can understand Rorys decision.

The whole Luke and Lorelai speech in front of the diner made me They clearly spoke about their own relationship and not about Rory's. Jeez, they just can't talk to each other...and why didn't Luke try to confront Lorelai regarding the song? Come on, he can't believe that Lorelai would tell Patty and Babette the truth about her feelings.

One more episode to go, so sad...
perrygraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

i loved this episode. it did feel to me a bit like vintage gilmore girls. and it does suck that just as the show is getting good again, that it's ending. my dvr cut off the promo at the end so i haven't seen the whole thing. *anyone know where i can find it?* i felt bad for rory and logan. logan really had a plan and it included rory and things she could do, but i understand rory's POV also. i didn't like how it ended though, with logan just walking away without even having hugged rory goodbye or anything. luke and lorelai are impossible. lol. the whole speech outside the diner was totally about them and not rory. lol. i really do hope they get things resolved so they can head in the right direction. or i might cry. actually, i'm gonna cry during the finale no matter what, so....lol. great episode though.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Rory saying no.. I knew that would happen, so not a huge surpise me, but still painful.
I totally get Logan's side, but we shouldn't forget Rory's side of the story either.. She has quite reasonable reasons for her saying 'no'
She's young that's one of it, not the most important, but she also wants to see where things are taking her.. She wants to have a choice in the matter where she lives, and Logan had all of that planned out, which is really sweet and it broke me to see Logan's face when he realised she was going to say 'no' but IMO it's also important for Rory to make her own choices about where she wants to live or work, and that shouldn't be done by somebody else.
IA (except the painful part). Logan really overestimated Rory's commitment to him. Did he really know her? Did they even discuss marriage before this instance? I think not. I don't understand the proposal in front of family and friends either. Then again, Logan has always been one for grand gestures and been a little cocky in thinking things would always go the way he wanted them to go.

I'm so over the Lorelai and Luke dancing-around-their-relationship. Start talking and quit being so self-involved. For a show that has the reputation of fast and furious talking, real communication sure is rare.

Loved the Emily and Richard song. Loved it.
Shanti70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think if Rory said yes then they could have tried long distance and I do think if she had gotten the Reston he wouldhave supported her just right now she didn't have a job and I felt she choose nothing over him.Didn't Zach propose in the diner in front of people public proposals do happen. This episode completly contracdicted everything we know about R/L anything that has been written about them. If ASP had them splitting up would have had an arc and it wouldn't have come out of nowhere. The show will end for me in 7.18. What was the point in portraying R/L such a strong couple with words like true love, and factoring in only to have them split up at the last episode. Even showed her happy trying on the ring. Its like what if L/L didn't have the April problems last year and just broke up during Partings that how it was
I liked Richard and Emilys song

Last edited by fox24; 05-09-2007 at 08:54 AM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

After Logan's talk with her a few weeks ago about the factoring him stuff, I was surprised that he showed up with their entire future planned without having her even know he had already decided - without even discussing it with her - where he was going to work and live and expected her to just jump into his dream pool. Why not ask ahead of the proposal what she feels about moving to SF or pursuing her career there -

Bizarre writing choice by the writers - but, then again, what hasn't been.
clmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Addicted Fan

i was really disappointed in this episode and i honestly didn't see why she didn't say yes. not after everything we'd seen from them as a couple, it just didn't make sense. and i really understood about Logan not wanting to move backwards. if she wasn't willing to take the next step, chances are she would never be willing to, at least not with him. everyone i know who's had back steps in their past relationships, including myself, didn't work no matter how hard you try. it was a horrible way to end Rory and Logan's relationship to me. it just made no sense. and i understand that Rory does need to make her own decisions about where she works and everything but she hasn't made any decisions really. she couldn't even decide if she wanted to marry Logan without her mom's advice and when Lorelai said nothing, that's exactly what Rory did, nothing. they could have had a long engagement and worked out all the details... i think all Logan needed was to know that they would have a future.

the only part of this show i really enjoyed was Emily and Richard... their song was the highlight for me. although i really wished Emily had told Rory instead of Lorelai her opinions.

PHICK♥JASAM♥Clois♥TnT♥PHELANIE♥CARBO♥Brucas♥VILLY♥Jannie♥Carson♥Jara♥Nookie♥Rylee♥ Jolie♥ Mabby♥Shelle♥ET♥Lumi ♥Shack♥LL2
wbjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the ep, but weirdly while it seamed a little slow it flew past, if that makes sense. Not as good as the last 2 even with the great L&L scenes. It was bordering on edge of being a filler for me, not as good as the graduation ep could have been, guess I'll have to watch it again to get the full impact.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
This episode completly contracdicted everything we know about R/L anything that has been written about them.
I respectfully disagree. I think that Rory was slowly coming to the place where she realized that she needed to make her own decisions. She didn't want to be influenced by anyone including Logan. To me, that was the whole meaning of the "factoring in" discussion they had earlier. She just didn't want to commit to anything with her career up in the air. It was Logan who wouldn't allow Rory the freedom to choose where she wanted to work. His grand gesture was not ooc. This was an issue that they couldn't agree on or overcome. It happens even to people that love each other.
Shanti70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Passionate Fan

I totally enjoyed the town meeting. It felt so old school GG. I had to laugh so hard when the whole town was cornering Lorelai about the tickets for Rory's graduation.

Best part: Richard calling Lorelai "Sweetheart". That was so amazing especially because it felt so natural for Richard.

I have to admit I felt sorry for Logan and Rory. It was a tough decision but IMO the right one. There was no compromise possible.

It's devastating to know there is only one more episode left!
"You jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down."
Ray Bradbury
Aupah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti70 (View Post)
I respectfully disagree. I think that Rory was slowly coming to the place where she realized that she needed to make her own decisions. She didn't want to be influenced by anyone including Logan. To me, that was the whole meaning of the "factoring in" discussion they had earlier. She just didn't want to commit to anything with her career up in the air. It was Logan who wouldn't allow Rory the freedom to choose where she wanted to work. His grand gesture was not ooc. This was an issue that they couldn't agree on or overcome. It happens even to people that love each other.
As I said before Rory did not really have a job at the moment in the east coast there was nothing holding her back. Second of all I do believe if Rory had said yes then maybe they could have done long distance. I don't think Logan neccessary wanted her to move with him, but he wanted to know that they were going forward. This is my opionion. I think were going to have to agree to disagree on this.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Total Fan

To me it's not a loss that she said no.

you figure this much. Rory has spent 4 years of her life at Yale trying to make something of herself. Logan has spent 4 years partying and making mistakes. He got a job and wants HER to move with HIM...why not the other way around. Why not him sacrifice to see where she goes. He's been screwing up and how can she 100% rely on him. I am glad she said no. I was kinda sad only bc I think I know its all coming to an end but I think if ASP was writing the show she wouldn't have let the whole relationship go on this whole season imho. Rory and Logan this year were dull and boring. I liked the Dean and Jess storylines (maybe cause they were younger) but they actually were interesting.

As far as the episodes is concerned I think the graduation part was way too short. And I agree I think it sucks for Rory to have her moment stolen from her due to this engagement. It kind of reminded me of my cousin being asked right after she graduated from college two years ago (although she said yes). Like Lorelai said, you'll know when it's right because you wont' have to hesitate to say yes.

The sweetest part - was the previews w. L&L leaning in for the KISS
Gilmoregirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
I did still manage to enjoy the episode
You must be just about the only Sophie in the world to have done so, then.

Rory can have her career to keep her warm at night, for all I care. The mother-daugther co-dependency bit won't be as cute when Rory is thirty-five. I would advice any future gentleman callers to run for the hills.

What I want to know is what happened to the weeping girl in 6.22, written by ASP as desperate 'cause Logan was going away for a few months...not a single tear for three years of waste, last night.

And if Rory is deluding herself that she's gonna find a more supportive and loving guy that gets her like Logan, after 7.13 and 7.18, I got a newsflash for her: Such a guy does not exist.

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
GEORGEIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGEIII (View Post)
You must be just about the only Sophie in the world to have done so, then.
No she's not I'm a sophie and I did enjoy the episode. I understand why Rory said no; of course I'm disappointed since I love them as a couple. But I'm not gonna trash Rory for a decision that does make sense. She has so much decisions to take about her future, marrying Logan now and going to SF would close many opportunities; I'm sorry but it's true. She wants to establish her career first and there's nothing wrong with that. I do think that they'll be able to find their way back to each other.

Other than that, the episode was pretty good, I even liked Chris which is huge for me I teared up when Lorelai watched Rory on stage, that was a sweet moment

Many people are bashing DS now and I think it's a little easy to say that it wouldn't have happened with ASP; she made Lorelai sleep with Chris 5 minutes after her break up with Luke; I think it was even worse

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica20121984 (View Post)
I do think that they'll be able to find their way back to each other.
Typically guys don't wanna get back together with girls that think that they're not good enough to marry, my dear. It's a guy thing.

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
GEORGEIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread