Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojojo123 (View Post)
ya i just don't understand why would Logan want to get married when he is still in his early/mid 20s.
Plenty of people get married in their twenties. My wife is a journalist, I'm a doctor. We got married at 23, right after college. Nothing particularly extraordinary about that, despite the premise of your statement.

Why does Logan wanna get married?, why, 'cause he thought she was the one; she "means the world to him" (7.20) and "there's nowhere else I'd rather be". (7.13)

And, "When you realize that you wanna spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"- Harry Burns, from When Harry Met Sally... by Nora Ephron

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
GEORGEIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Passionate Fan

I think Logan has come across as kind of immature and not really that committed, so for Logan to want to get married is either out of character, or a spur of the moment thing, albeit a planned spur of the moment, maybe a spur of the week. so to speak.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Absolute Fan

Kelly1280 I completely agree! You took the words right out of my mouth!

I think Logan is being the stupid one. I think it was right that he wanted to marry her before dragging her off to Cali but I think that when she said no, he shouldn't have been upset. Rory said that she loved him and loved the idea of being married to him but she just wasn't ready and needed her life straightened out before she settled down, she didn't want to make her career choice based on her husbands location! She wants a career, one that she has been working towards for her whole life and what? She is going to drop that and get married and be the little stepford wife Logan wants while he goes out and works at a job that he has been dreaming of for 5 seconds?! No, not right! If Logan waited, she would have eventually married him! She just needed some time, she had alot of extremely tough, life altering decisions to make and him dumping that huge ultimatum on her was selfish and mean! What happened to "I'll factor you into my life, I don't want you to factor me into yours?"
Old 05-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless01 (View Post)
I think Logan has come across as kind of immature and not really that committed
The Logan of 7.13 and 7.18? Really?

But I guess your signature says it all.

And when Love speaks, the voice of all the Gods makes Heaven drowsy with the Harmony-William Shakespeare
Old 05-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_clo (View Post)
she didn't want to make her career choice based on her husbands location!
What career? As of 7.21, Rory had NO JOB offers. That's the bottom line really, Rory wanting everything on "my" terms. But eventually, when people commit to each other, they need to become an "ours", not just a "mine" and "yours"; otherwise the relationship is doomed.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The Logan of 7.13 and 7.18? Really?
I don't have a Gilmore Girls encyclopaedia next to me, so your going to have to be a little more specific if you want me to actually understand what episodes you're talking about.

My opinions on Logan are based on how I perceive him on the show, no I don't like him, but I have my reasons. I didn't just decide to not like him, he made me not like him.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGEIII (View Post)
What career? As of 7.21, Rory had NO JOB offers. That's the bottom line really, Rory wanting everything on "my" terms. But eventually, when people commit to each other, they need to become an "ours", not just a "mine" and "yours"; otherwise the relationship is doomed.
Well exactly, she didn't have a job yet but if she did finally get an offer, she didn't want to have to turn it down because she is moving/moved to cali. Like I said, if Logan had been patient, maybe Rory never would have gottan a job offer or maybe she would have changed her mind or both and they could have gottan married!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I don't have a Gilmore Girls encyclopaedia
The episode we just saw is 7.21. Each season has 22 eps (except for season 1 that had only 21.) Count backwards, for all I care; I'm not gonna waste my time.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_clo (View Post)
if Logan had been patient, maybe Rory never would have gottan a job offer or maybe she would have changed her mind or both and they could have gottan married!
Well, that is true. The "ultimatum" thing (all or nothing) did ring a bit OOC, given their conversations in 7.18, I agree.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes, but even had I counted backwards, you see, I can't recall exactly what went down in each episode. Maybe you do, I don't. But hey, it's your point, you don't want prove it. Don't.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yes, but even had I counted backwards, you see, I can't recall exactly what went down in each episode. Maybe you do, I don't. But hey, it's your point, you don't want prove it. Don't.
How can I prove "points" to someone that can't recall what happened in the episodes?

Besides, your siggie shows that I'm never gonna be able to "prove" my point anyway, so why waste my time on a Jess shipper? Hmm?

Old 05-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How can I prove "points" to someone that can't recall what happened in the episodes?

Besides, your siggie shows that I'm never gonna be able to "prove" my point anyway, so why waste my time on a Jess shipper? Hmm?
seriously do you need to be rude with everyone who disagree with you? Isn't the point of a message board to exchange different opinions?

I'm a RL shipper but I'm glad that Rory put herself first, cause that's what the show is about, the girls not their guys.

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Well, that is true. The "ultimatum" thing (all or nothing) did ring a bit OOC, given their conversations in 7.18, I agree.
Thank you, glad I could express my opinion and have it understood
I do like Logan and I think that if they had gottan married at a later, better time, I would have supported them alot and been really happy for them! I just didn't like his timing and the way he did it. I think he really could have thought things out better, and proceeded at a better time and place, thats all.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the ep but not as much as the last 2 or 3, something felt off. While it passed quickly it felt a little boring and was close to being a filler.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:25 AM
New Fan

The problem that most R/L fans have is that the proposal was a bit OOC. It seemed forced. R/L had grown as a couple throughout the season, just a couple episodes ago they had the Logan character factoring Rory in, then they do a complete 180 on us. It was out of sync with the storyline and character development to that point.

No tears over the breakup of a 3 year relationship? It completely sucked for us. I didn't need them to be engaged - we just at least wanted them together and being supportive, with the future not so cut and dry as being a complete break-up.

And I'm sorry, Lorelei suddenly being opposed to Logan at the end of the season, when she had encouraged her daughter to go to London and be with Logan and the beginning of the season... this whole season was not up to par, and this just sealed it.

Too many good actors, severely underused. Not nearly enough good storylines.
hawkchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top