Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Monal thats not exactly what i was saying, i explained more farther down and to be perfectly honest i will probably keep watching its just that i like to think that i have some control over this tv show not the other way around lol.

personally i liked this episode more than last weeks but i seem to be alone in that lol.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

No matter how bad things will suck for LL, I don't I'm ever gonna be able to stop watching the show. Despite everything that angers me about it, I still love it!
Ania R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesherbet7 (View Post)
and i know the episode is about more than that. ive always said the show is about lorelai and rory first and i love the pop culture and the townies and the pacing and stuff but when i feel like a character is being destroyed....
This is my problem too. I'm bowing out of the whether-I-will-or-won't-watch debate, it's simply too embarrassing after having fallen asleep during last night's episode.

I still feel that ep dragged, something was missing, but most importantly, I found myself not particularly caring about Lorelai any more. And that started with her FND reaction to E/R, which somehow didn't ring true. It was perhaps too overdone, perhaps overly exaggerated, I really don't know why.

I know all the arguments and theoretically I probably still care about her, I just didn't feel it last night.

I've always said that what people do or don't watch it their own business, especially since most of us are not Neilsen families. It's not a litmus loyalty test.

Funny that if I were a new viewer, I don't think Lorelai would have grabbed me the way she did originally. Rory was good but not great enough to pull me in. DS was actually quite convincing, if you were meeting him for the first time - but we're not, so he isn't a blank slate and seeing his character still makes me feel physically sick, childish though that reaction is. Guess I'm regressing even younger than Lorelai.

If I hadn't got involved on these boards, with the debates and attacks and need to continually justify one's PoV, I think I'd simply not bother to watch next week.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

the rory/logan aspect..was a little frightening, i just can't see Rory being that type of girl. but maybe it helps that i've never liked R/L anyway..still though it doesn't seem like Rory is someone who relies on sex to keep a relationship going, so i didn't like it

the new hat..oh,man I hate it. stupid Luke! put ur old one back on! it's not over yet!!

I think i gagged during the C/L scene. Oops

Lane and Zach were funny

Paris was great, and disturbing which is part of her charm

"Meredith, I do love you, don't you see? Don't you understand? You're the love of my life."

"It is what it is...you...me"
HotPink44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Yea the thing with Logan and Rory was weird but as you saw, Rory didn't like it AT ALL!! Stupid Paris I like her but come on, in this episode, she just bugged me. Incouraging Rory to do phone sex, I loved Rorys response to phone sex"I talk to my mother on that phone" Good girl Rory!!

When she read that book, she almost puked. So I didn't entirely mind this storyline cause Rory was grossed out by it as well, it wasn't like she was all for it or anything, she was just willing to do it cause she want's her relationship with Logan to work. Paris is dumb to suggest what she did, what Rory misses is the hand holding and the kissing and the hugs and cuddles, not entirely the sex
Old 10-11-2006, 04:35 PM
New Fan

I posted that replay on another thread....tell me what you think...

hey you guys!! i'm new on the forum but i've read a lot about the gilmore girls on this forum (and spoilers lol)

english isn't my forst language so be nice with me please

something is bugging me since the season begun......is it jus me or it looks that they're trying to cover lauren graham with clothes that are too big for her???

let's face it! the girl is hot! why try to cover her up with big shirts or pyjamas or even big dress??????

i'm not starting any rumours about pregnancy or too much icq cream during the break....but i think it's weird.............
doogie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPink44 (View Post)
the rory/logan aspect..was a little frightening, i just can't see Rory being that type of girl. but maybe it helps that i've never liked R/L anyway..still though it doesn't seem like Rory is someone who relies on sex to keep a relationship going, so i didn't like it
To me, it wasn't about sex. It was about intimacy. It was about keeping themselves together and keeping their relationship interesting. Even when Rory was talking about the problem she was saying how she missed hand hoding and just the connection they have when they're together. I thought the fact that she used books to find her dirty text at first made it so completely in character. And Logan telling her she didn't need the books to do something daring and slightly racy totally showed what their relationship is all about. he's always seen in her more than the shy bookworm who's life is school and movies. I thought it was cute.
without alcohol.
catkirk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anyone got a link to the ep 7.04 promo on youtube?

Please Visit ----> The Dragonfly Inn || Avatar by Stephrox
dragonflyinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyinn (View Post)
Anyone got a link to the ep 7.04 promo on youtube?
Here ya go:
7.04 Promo - Aired Oct 10th (youtube) (rapidshare) - courtesy of fan1bsb97 on the spoiler board

SEPI Warning - it's a promo. Contains spoilers.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
caf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks heaps!

Please Visit ----> The Dragonfly Inn || Avatar by Stephrox
dragonflyinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:59 PM
New Fan

the promo here in canada show other things......i'll try to find It somewhere on the net....
doogie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Absolute Fan

^yea I noticed that, it also doesn't show it right after the show, it shows it later on in the week I think the day before GG.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I was bored with this episode, and I rarely get bored with GG episodes. Something was missing. It was great to see Emily and Richard, and I loved Michel and Lorelai dancing, and of course Paris, but the rest pissed me off. Something just seemed off...

Luke not wearing his hat I miss his new hat. I hope we get to see more Luke/Rory scenes because I really love them.
No offense to the BB fans, but Christopher and Lorelai just don't do it for me. After 6 seasons of making us wait for L/L, they are shoving Christopher down our throats again.

And I physically got ill after watching next week's previews. I can't believe that she's not even going to try to be single for a while, and instead date Christopher. My L/L is breaking, but I will still watch this show no matter what. I didnt' stop watching after the Rory/Logan crap (and I'm actually starting to like Logan for a change). Maybe it will get better...
Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed the episode (as always) because I don't get thrown into the whole, "Luke should be with Lorelai" anguish. I watch the show as a comedy...and usually that's what let's me just relax, unwind...and just laugh...for one hour. Thankfully, with VM moving to The CW, it's now two straight hours. Seeing Emily have a little girl act as the maid was hilarious! Rory/Logan and the sex/text was amusing...because she had to check a book to get inspiration. The whole thing with Chris is getting out of hand, but ... its obvious they are getting all of this out of the way, so L/L can end up together. Right now, Luke needs to realize he treated Lorelai like crap last year...and a stuipd declaration isn't going to make it better, especially after the fact that she proposed first...but, hopefully he'll realize that and mature and fidn the right timing. His speech last week at the grocery store was his fear, and when she didn't respond...he actually got scared, thinking everything he said, was true...but, it wasn't.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:31 PM
New Fan

my two cents: since the very first episode i always knew that lorelai and luke are meant to be and that they will end up together. happily. chris was never an option. now i see that the show goes down. even if the writers plan to let it all end well for LL...i don´t know if the fans will stick with the show for that long!i mean...the new writers seem to stretch it. like the x files. luke and lorelai are happy and married and all...the show would be over. so they put twists and turns in it. but what they don´t realize: the fans don´t want that to happen. i´d rather see the show ending with lorelai and luke as a couple . i don´t want to see how my fave show is ruined by unbearable plots for one reason: more money.
**Blurry** is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread