Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

It was okay. I liked the Lane&Zach stuff. Rory&Logan were cute too. The show just doesn't seem right when Luke and Lorelai aren't in any scenes together... I wish Christopher would just go away for good.

Paris always makes me laugh
Sheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie (View Post)
I enjoyed the episode, particularly the Christopher/ Lorelai interaction.
Lizzie you are a brave soul and I agree with you 100%. I've always liked Christopher. I liked it, I am sorry to those of you who didn't.
GenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

I really liked the Rory/Christopher interation. (and the Lorelai/Chris but especially Rory)
without alcohol.
catkirk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hm, I felt a little 'eh' about this epi.

I mean, I'm thrilled, psyched and flipping out over Chris confessing his love for Lorelai, but that's not anything that I didn't know already. It just makes me excited to see how it goes next epi.

The Lane/Zach baby thing was cute. I liked Zach using Brian as a screen. It also looked like Lane was going to get to see that sex is better with practice, lol.

Speaking of sex, the Logan/Rory text sex was... it really shows how much Rory has grown up. She's still inhibited about sex (knew that after she told Lane not to get graphic; please, GFs tell everything.) but I'm glad that she's more open.

avi by corrodedsilence
miss3cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

The dude just don't get it. The night was great ??? He enjoyed it ??? I'm really sorry but that guy is just too much for me How can he say the night was great when Lorelai "breaks up" with Luke, stands in front of him totally devastated ???? -- My mistake he got lucky that night. That was enough for him
Old 10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I really did not like this episode, not just because of the CL stuff but it didn't feel like the same show...maybe i'm just being weird or my disgust of CL is causing my opinion on the show to go downhill. The only scene I liked was the Michel & Lorelai dance, she finally had a REAL smile on her face.

ETA: and big fat WORD to cappuccino, he had a oh so wonderful time that night.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Overall it was my least favorite of the season so far but not bad. Some parts had me a little bored.

As most of you said, I hated the ending. I do not like C/L and do not want them starting anything. First of all it stil seems way to soon for Lorelai to want to attempt another relationship with anyone let alone Chris.

Not having any LL sucks majorly. And Luke's new hat is definitely awkward looking and not right. I did like the scene where Rory came to see him. At least she is still comfortable doing that.

The Rory/Logan was pretty cute. Dirty texting...lol. And of course the idea came form none other than Paris. Gotta love her. It's obvious the long distance thing is gettinng tougher.

Lane and Zach were pretty enjoyable. Funny that they bonded over the fact that they both think having a baby sucks. Should be interesting to see how that all turns out.

I'm glad Richard and Emily were back tonight. Seeing Emily with the cotillion girls was cute...especially how you could tell the one that was like Lorelai.

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_earthquake (View Post)
rory yelling at lorelai in the last episode. blaming her.... BUT NOT BLAMING CHRIS!!! again LOGIC MISSING
I don't think it's illogical that Rory has forgiven Chris too. If she hadn't forgiven Lorelai already, I have no doubt that the next time she saw/spoke with Chris that she'd have yelled at him too for being irresponsible (although at this point, it's very clear that his intentions were majorly different from Lorelai's), but the Moms aren't perfect lines goes for Dads too.

Besides, I'm glad that Rory is doing her best to separate her individual relationship with her parents from their relationship. You can't and shouldn't have to decide between your parents. Chris/Lorelai's thing needs to be separate from Chris/Rory's and Lorelai/Rory's thing.

avi by corrodedsilence
Old 10-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode was ok... the cotillion stuff was kinda boring, but I loved the last R/L scene! I love how Logan gets Rory to try things that may be out of her comfort zone, challenging her... it's been a hallmark of their relationship. Plus, I like how the writers are showing the struggles of being in a long-distance relationship, because it ain't easy, and I'm glad that R/L are willing to work at it to keep their relationship going.

sLomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
although at this point, it's very clear that his intentions were majorly different from Lorelai's
It does not matter what Chris's intentions were with Lorelai that night, he should have controlled himself, I mean Lorelai went to him sad not yay I broke up with Luke. I would never ever want a friend who would take advantage of a situation like that, and then say he enjoyed it, that shows that he is insensitive and just...grr.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

ok, yes not the best episode. But still there's no such think as a bad episode in my mind as long as I still have hope that L/L will get back together. I mean most people would hate the show even more if they just brought L/L back together too quickly. It would be like they're brake up was nothing (like it is to E/R).

Ok, I mean I know some things have been mentioned about the hat in the discussion, but did anyone else get why he changed the hat besides me? He changed it cuz Lorelai gave him the hat he used to wear in season 1 and he prob. has it in like a Lorelai box or something like that.

Bebette and Patty's arguement that something was different was so funny. Did anyone else think that things did look a little different???

I loved the Lane/Zach scenes. Zach had all the right to be scared. I think it was great how he was projecting his fears onto Brian. And Lane handled it really well. She knew what was going on in Zach's head. OH and did anyone else love the kiss at the end of that scene?

I am so mad at Chris. I hate him! Ok, not going to go into a rant. (Ok, I'm Calm). But was anyone else expecting her to say Luke right then, cuz that's just what I thought. And I know I said earlier that now would be too early for L/L to get backtogether, but during that scene, I just had a flashback to the season 5 break up when she called Luke.

If I think of anything else I post it.
GilGrl2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglover76 (View Post)
It does not matter what Chris's intentions were with Lorelai that night, he should have controlled himself, I mean Lorelai went to him sad not yay I broke up with Luke. I would never ever want a friend who would take advantage of a situation like that, and then say he enjoyed it, that shows that he is insensitive and just...grr.
Well, they aren't friends.

To quote the greatest television show of all time (imo, anyway ): "You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love 'til it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other 'til it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends." (Spike. BTVS, S2, Lover's Walk)

Chris/Lorelai aren't quite that (melo)dramatic (because BTVS belongs to the epic/fantasy genre in which there are much higher life and death stakes meaning you can say crazy stuff like that and be taken seriously) but I think you might get my sentiment. They've got a deep connection to each other which masquerades itself as friendship when circumstances prevent them from being together, but they're not really friends.

Also, I think that there's a lot that went on from the moment Lorelai showed up on Chris' doorstep and the next morning when she woke up in his bed that we did not get to see so it's very hard to judge objectively how it went down. The best that we can do is try to pick up clues from the character's reactions, but even that's a subjective thing.

avi by corrodedsilence
Old 10-10-2006, 08:57 PM
New Fan

I actully liked the eppy. Did any one catch at the end when Chris was giving his I love you speach he said Lauren not Lor ot Lorelai. I thought it was nice seeing Richard and Emily back, But it seems they made Emily a little meaner. The only part that really disapointed me was the fact that Lane has not told her mom that she is pregnate I want to see Mrs. Kim's reaction.

Everyone needs to have faith just let nature take its course with Lorelai and Chris I know and I have complete faith that Luke and Lorelai will get back together by the end of the season.

Save Veronica Mars
Please visit my graphics and video Journal.
JavaJunkie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

man. i laughed my ass off during the entire episode. lol. it was just a really funny episode. i liked it a lot. and maybe i'm going crazy, but chris was extra cute at the end. i'm still a total JJ but i might not be completely disgusted by the chris/lorelai storyline. and rory and logan just plain crack me up. lane and zach made me laugh too. i can't wait for lane to tell her mom. for some reason, i see mrs. kim acting like how she acted when lane said the band was breaking up. you'd think she'd be all pissed about a baby, but she'll actually turn out to be so happy and stuff. lol. and paris. god, i love paris. she's f-ing hysterical.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:53 PM
New Fan

I missed this episode tonight. Anyone know where I can download it or something?
freespirit163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread