Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Glad to know I'm not the only one Mareike! Yeah, I was also expecting that specific room to hold the cotillion. I wanted more! Emily with the girls was awesome! (like in your avi, love it BTW!)
Lolabelle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

Hey

I have to post this pic!!!
I'm slow and I just realized now that Lorelai is wearing All Stars shoes with her dress...just like little Carolyn

Canopus

adara . lucy . polly
one . two . trio
PollyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

barbeegurl00- I'm glad you agree with my thoughts!!!!!!! Nice to have a like mind around!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

Only one Luke scene not happy about that and the new hat, i'm not too fond of it.

I'm glad that they showed Rory going into the diner, i think it's great that they are keeping up from other seasons that no matter what is going on with LL that Rory can always go into the diner. I hope she keeps going in and stays longer each time, talking to Luke about things.

Miss Patty and Babette in the diner, they were great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike (View Post)
I won't say much to the LC thing - but how can he go on how great it was? Ugh.
I agree, i don't understand how he can say it was great when Lorelai was clearly upset when she got to his place in 6.22 and was in such a rush to leave the next morning. IMO i don't think he understands how upset she is with the whole Luke breakup, which is a shame since he saw her speech at Lane's wedding.

Paris, Emily were awesome.
ravenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't get much time to come on FF anymore with school and work so I know this is coming like 4 days late.

I really didn't mind the episode at all. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either.

I'm actually liking the R/L storyline this season. I thought the texting thing was completely normal... Rory is fastly approaching 22 and while some of us still see her as the loner 16 year old at Chilton, she really has grown up. She's in an adult relationship, not to mention a long distance adult relationship and wanting to keep the intimacy in her relationship with Logan should be and is very important to her. And plus it was a pretty amusing idea.

Never was a huge Lane/Zack fan but I'm enjoying their storyline this season. Loved their reactions to the pregnancy, so typically them. Can't wait to see them as parents!

The Cotillion thing was all right... I really loved the Michel scenes and the little girl who reminded Lorelai of herself. Lorelai questioning her likes/dislikes based on her mother's opinion got annoying. I get why they did it but it just so wasn't Lorelai.

1 Luke scene out of the whole episode is an insult. Liked his interaction with Rory though.

Paris... you're amazing. DR never change this character.

Oh and by the way that new hat is just charming. Where the heck did Luke's head go?

And ah the lovely C/L. Not buying it. Never have. Never will. They can try to shove this pathetic attempt of a relationship down my throat all they want but after episodes and episodes worth of reasons why they don't belong together, the whole thing is just pointless and unneccesary. I don't want to see Lorelai regress back to an immature 16 year old but unfortunately in my eyes, that's all I ever see her as when she's with Chris. I know this may sound extreme but as a huge Luke/Lorelai fan I feel insulted on what they did to their relationship over the past year. And I'm not buying this "closure" bit either. Lorelai doesn't need to have a full blown relationship with Chris to make her see that she loves Luke or how she's meant to be with Luke and not Chris. I've never fallen for those types of storylines and don't plan on doing it with this one.

And "end up together" is officially my least favorite phrase in the world.

And on that note... good night all! Have a super weekend!
JJ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&L shipper (View Post)
barbeegurl00- I'm glad you agree with my thoughts!!!!!!! Nice to have a like mind around!!!!!!!!
Same here!
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

PollyGreen, that's amazing. I was looking at that cap today and didn't even notice. That pretty much makes me fall in love with the new writers. whether they looked back on that picture or not it completely shows that they GET this show.
without alcohol.
catkirk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4Life (View Post)

And ah the lovely C/L. Not buying it. Never have. Never will. They can try to shove this pathetic attempt of a relationship down my throat all they want but after episodes and episodes worth of reasons why they don't belong together, the whole thing is just pointless and unneccesary. I don't want to see Lorelai regress back to an immature 16 year old but unfortunately in my eyes, that's all I ever see her as when she's with Chris. I know this may sound extreme but as a huge Luke/Lorelai fan I feel insulted on what they did to their relationship over the past year. And I'm not buying this "closure" bit either. Lorelai doesn't need to have a full blown relationship with Chris to make her see that she loves Luke or how she's meant to be with Luke and not Chris. I've never fallen for those types of storylines and don't plan on doing it with this one.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
PollyGreen, that's amazing. I was looking at that cap today and didn't even notice. That pretty much makes me fall in love with the new writers. whether they looked back on that picture or not it completely shows that they GET this show.
Oh totally agree.

Polly Excellent eye, I didn't even notice that!
Old 10-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
Definitely!

"I remember everything"
--daisy-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Polly I never noticed that. Now I really wonder if they're that observing. And that Emily allowed her to be photographed that way.
Maybe LG remembered wearing them? (That is her on the photo isn't it?)

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

I don't think that's LG. Just a girl that was supposed to be a young Lorelai when Rory looked through the photo album in Love and War and Snow.
without alcohol.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

But on the wedding pic - that are Kelly and Ed I think. And I know that Hope is young Kelly.

Avi by Valerie
Old 10-14-2006, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, but there's a bigger difference between being 30s and being 16 than there is being 60s and 40s. The differences are easier to mess with in the latter. Such as hair color and stuff. I don't think LG could pull off looking that young.
without alcohol.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

But the wedding pic of Em and Rich would've to be photoshopped with earlier pics of Ed and Kelly as well - I always wondered if it was from their real wedding pics. They could also use a pic of younger LG to photoshop her into the dress.

Does anyone know anything specific about this? I always wondered about the wedding pic the most.

Avi by Valerie
Reply   Post New Thread