Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Blurry** (View Post)
my two cents: since the very first episode i always knew that lorelai and luke are meant to be and that they will end up together. happily. chris was never an option. now i see that the show goes down. even if the writers plan to let it all end well for LL...i don´t know if the fans will stick with the show for that long!i mean...the new writers seem to stretch it. like the x files. luke and lorelai are happy and married and all...the show would be over. so they put twists and turns in it. but what they don´t realize: the fans don´t want that to happen. i´d rather see the show ending with lorelai and luke as a couple . i don´t want to see how my fave show is ruined by unbearable plots for one reason: more money.
Is this the Luke and Lorelai show?
without alcohol.
catkirk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Absolute Fan

I actually liked this episode. I missed Emily and Richard alot, especially since both were absent in the first two episodes.

I liked this episode because it was very light-hearted, and it brought me back to those good ol' Gilmore Girls beginnings. All the L/L DRAMA has kind of turned me off lately and I'm glad to see it take a well-needed break.
lavenderskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:59 PM
New Fan

it´s the gilmore gilrs, yes. but one of the shows bases is the LL interaction. in the moment, there´s none. and i don´t see it coming for a couple of eps. sorry, for me, the show is not what it should be. it´s draining.
**Blurry** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
it´s the gilmore gilrs, yes. but one of the shows bases is the LL interaction. in the moment, there´s none. and i don´t see it coming for a couple of eps. sorry, for me, the show is not what it should be. it´s draining.
and its your right to feel that way even if i don't agree with all of it. i was just saying that the show would not have to end if luke and lorelai were happily together. the show isn't about them so that wouldn't resolve all the story lines and tension in the show. That was my point.
without alcohol.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Absolute Fan

^ very much agreed!
lavenderskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

The show, at the core, was about a mother/daughter...and the bond and friendship they have. But, I still think Luke is crucial to the show, and the writers won't forget that, but they don't want them to be together and happy, they want obstacles, aka...they threw Chris back into the picture. But, that's all he is...an obstacle. Nothing more, nothing less...

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_clo (View Post)
Yea the thing with Logan and Rory was weird but as you saw, Rory didn't like it AT ALL!! Stupid Paris I like her but come on, in this episode, she just bugged me. Incouraging Rory to do phone sex, I loved Rorys response to phone sex"I talk to my mother on that phone" Good girl Rory!!

When she read that book, she almost puked. So I didn't entirely mind this storyline cause Rory was grossed out by it as well, it wasn't like she was all for it or anything, she was just willing to do it cause she want's her relationship with Logan to work. Paris is dumb to suggest what she did, what Rory misses is the hand holding and the kissing and the hugs and cuddles, not entirely the sex
I'm sorry, but I just have to react to this.

I didn't get the impression that Rory was "grossed out" at all. Mostly she was embarrassed, because she is inhibited by nature and she's never done it before. "Desperate measures", she called it, but SHE initiated it and was willing to go out on a limb, out of her comfort zone, to bridge the gap in intimacy between her and Logan. Some have said it was out of character for her; perhaps that IS the point.

But I'm reacting to the post more because it presumes that people who do this are "dumb" or stupid. Being in a long-distance relationship is really difficult, and Rory was right--phone conversations are important, but nearly never enough. Physical intimacy (whether sex, or hand-holding, or sleeping beside each other) is an important part of a relationship and being able to find a way to "recreate" that (as Paris said) spells a huge difference. I'm hoping people can be more mature about this; the text sex was not all about sex (as catkirk had said), it was about finding a way to share something together and be intimate in a way that was possible, despite the distance.

Good girl, Paris!
secret life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
but what they don´t realize: the fans don´t want that to happen.
Thanks for speaking for me, but don't. (Or don't I count as a fan too?)

Personally, I like the current storylines. I understand that certain shippers are bothered by the trajectory of their ships relationship, but the writers aren't shippers (or God help us they shouldn't be). They're writing about characters and character journeys-- a portion of which is relationships but certainly not all.

As secret life said,

Quote:
Some have said it was out of character for her; perhaps that IS the point.
I think this statement can be applied to both Lorelai and Rory's current situations. They're both at a point in their life (Lorelai's big break-up, Rory's senior year of college) in which it truly makes sense for them to be taking stock of their lives -- questioning past attitudes/decisions, trying new things/ways of thinking about things. Not to mention, if this were actually the final season of the show (which I don't know if it is or isn't), then it would make even more sense to revisit some of the main characters' major issues (e.g. Lorelai's contentious relationship with her parents, her on-going thing with Chris, Rory's issues with intimacy (remember she couldn't even say ILY the first time she felt it), Luke's issues with opening up and sharing his life among other issues).

Also, I would like to add that I wouldn't like it all if L/L suddenly got back together without dealing with their separate issues and it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a BB (I was also once a JJ). Unless you're going to erase the entirety of S6, there were some very real issues brought up between L/L and they must be addressed before you can believably reunite the couple otherwise it's just cheap.

avi by corrodedsilence
miss3cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret life (View Post)
I'm sorry, but I just have to react to this.

I didn't get the impression that Rory was "grossed out" at all. Mostly she was embarrassed, because she is inhibited by nature and she's never done it before. "Desperate measures", she called it, but SHE initiated it and was willing to go out on a limb, out of her comfort zone, to bridge the gap in intimacy between her and Logan. Some have said it was out of character for her; perhaps that IS the point.

But I'm reacting to the post more because it presumes that people who do this are "dumb" or stupid. Being in a long-distance relationship is really difficult, and Rory was right--phone conversations are important, but nearly never enough. Physical intimacy (whether sex, or hand-holding, or sleeping beside each other) is an important part of a relationship and being able to find a way to "recreate" that (as Paris said) spells a huge difference. I'm hoping people can be more mature about this; the text sex was not all about sex (as catkirk had said), it was about finding a way to share something together and be intimate in a way that was possible, despite the distance.

Good girl, Paris!
Thats not what I was trying to implying, your reading me wrong.

I didn't say that people are gross for doing this, I was saying that it was gross for Paris to suggest this to Rory knowing that Rory is the way she is and I was also saying that it was gross to do text sex in the first place. I think they should have just talked and did there mushy "I miss you" "no I miss you more" stuff that night cause it was way more there style. The only reason I approved of Rory doing the text sex was because it showed that she loved him enough to do something she felt very uncomfortable doing just to keep the heat in there relationship and I thought that was very sweet.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree with both Christine and -TheKen- On the situation with Luke.

The show doesn't have to end with Luke and Lorelai together for it to stay with storyline or still be good. It's not like the show would go against some rule by doing that. If one of the girls left it would cause the show is about BOTH of them TOGETHER. People just prefure and KNOW they will end up together cause it is what has been built up to for 7 years.

The reason why they are adding "obstacles" in to the relationship is because it would be boring for them to just be happily ever after, married. Then what? We have nothing more to look forward to. They are happy, married, then what? They want us on the edge of our seat till the end of the show, then by the time they do finally get them together, it will be more appreciated and loved.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Some have said it was out of character for her; perhaps that IS the point.
and it was out of character in such a deliciously in character way. Rory researched her dirty text. How Rory is that? Rory is not the same girl she was in S1 and that's a good thing. She's grown up and become less inhibited while staying herself on the important levels. I would be pretty upset if I was still who I was when I was sixteen.

And i didn't see Rory as uncomfortable in a bad way. She was a little embaressed because she's Rory. It's good to get out of your comfort zone. And how is gushing 'I miss you' 'no, I miss you more' going to help them be more intimate. Her little grin at the end when she and Logan hung up pretty much demonstrated that she was not unhappy with the situation. I think a lot of the discomfort in the beginning had to do with the fact that she put herself out there and thought Logan didn't respond to it at all.

I'm a little confused by:
Quote:
I didn't say that people are gross for doing this, I was saying that it was gross for Paris to suggest this to Rory knowing that Rory is the way she is and I was also saying that it was gross to do text sex in the first place.
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say?
without alcohol.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
I'm a little confused by:

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say?
Oh I ment that text sex is kinda gross cause its, you know, just kinda weird to try and do it over a piece of technology but PEOPLE who do do it like that aren't gross. I dont know, I could be making no sense at all, I'm just tired. Out all day, thats all.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

Well, I’ve seen the latest ep, I loved it!!!!!!!!!! I was saying to a friend, that I felt the first 2 eps lacked real depth, and complex interplay of sub text and emotions. I really enjoyed the first 2 eps, but it was kinda a case of “What you see is what you get”. This week however the depth was back in full flight. The ep was also very funny. Something that was missing in much of season 6. The charm was back as well. The show should be delightful and charming. The show for the 2 seasons prior was steadily loosing it’s charisma.

Lane and Rory’s friendship, it’s great to see, it’s really a valued part of their lives again. They are really open and relying on each other for advise and support. I found Rory to be increasingly more likable in this ep. I liked her in the first 2, but in this one she was totally back to her first few seasons innocent and caring, naive, yet intelligent self. She was not abrasive, self centered, snotty, or surly like she has been for many years. I love the fact she is warm with Chris again. That was missing for years too. Their chat on the phone and post-dinner talk was really relaxed and happy. I’m finding in many areas of this new season, the agro angst is gone, and it has been replaced by emotionally fragile, subdued people, who are suffering quietly, and actually showing vulnerability, not just pissy range. Being more vulnerable actually makes everyone show more dimensions to the pain and predicaments.

I’m really liking Logan this season, especially in ep 3. He seems funnier, more gown up, less arrogant, and more respectful and caring towards Rory. The text thing was cute. Rory is still young, but she is finding her way in life. I like the fact that she is shown to still be finding her feet. For the last few seasons she seemed brash, and conceited. She is back to being Rory now.

Lane and Zach were too cute with the baby thing. They are both freaked, but they are in it together. They had some really funny and entertaining moments. I loved the passionate kiss, I think everything will be fine in their marriage. They were plenty amorous with that kiss.

I really thought that all of Lorelai’s questioning her actions over her life was done well. It’s very true that a lot of her decisions have been made due to her rebellious outlook. I was glad she found the bright side of her parents’ world. She was so happy dancing with Michel. I really liked Charlotte. She was a young Emily, able to fit into the rich world, but still with her own huge amount of spunk. You got the feeling that because she’s a child of the 21st century, Charlotte will still retain all her spunk and be a lot less horty than Emily can be at times. Charlotte being there and showing how even someone who likes the world doesn’t have to be taken over by it, showcased just as much as the little Lorelai clone, that Lorelai can take the good from her parents’ world, and not detest it. Recognizing the pleasant parts doesn’t mean you are giving into that world totally. Both the Lor clone and Charlotte will be fine. There are numerous benefits and good things about Emily’s world. Lorelai needs to clue into the fact she should take the good from both her worlds and marry them together. That after all is what Lorelai’s journey is all about, finding the middle ground in both her Stars Hollow world and her old childhood world.

Speaking of which, Chris demonstrated more than ever tonight that he is her bridge to both worlds. He understands and can relate to every part of her. Lorelai was awkward over the sex thing with him, but by the same token, was dizzily delighted that he was there and bantering like they always do. He makes her sparkle. She may have been freaked over their recent intimacy, and the timing of it, but she really displayed her need for Chris in a warm kindred spirit way. He makes her whole. She wanted to keep him there to be close to and share coffee with. She is blissful and radiant with Chris, despite any current thoughts of hesitation and awkwardness over their last night together. Their banter over the corsage might not have been as relaxed as in the past, but it was cozy, and they both were a little unnerved by that. Chris was so right to express his feelings. He has been in love with Lorelai forever. He is the only man who ever really will be, cos he is the only man who relates to her, and comprehends who she is down to her very soul. He loves her for who she is. Chris’ speech was truly heartfelt. DS did a superb job. I loved the fact it was all done in the kitchen too, so that it was mirroring his speech of similarly heartfelt proportions in season 1. Lorelai does finally need to recognize that she and Chris are right together, and true love is to be embraced not shied away from. If you put the first 3 eps together as one long trilogy, as I think you are indeed meant to, Chris really is Lorelai’s rocket man. He is willing to wait 40 years for her. That is true love. No other woman will ever capture his soul. She is the one. I just wish now they would get their forever and a day ending.

I liked the last phone call. It was played well. Lorelai is understandably still reeling from the fall out of Luke; she tried to make something happen there, but they just were not suited, and now she is really grieving the fact of a broken romance that she wanted to make work- not really the man himself. She invested herself in it, and now she has to get over that ill-faited fallout. Chris is where she needs to be, but she just needs to realize life is pointing her in the direction of happiness. 5 seconds on the phone with Chris and you could see she’d be natural, and cosy with him.

Great ep all around!!!!!!!! 10/10!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yep! ITA with everything. Last week's episode was awesome and putting GG back on track. The last few seasons have bored me to death, and I'd completely stopped watching after falling alsleep on more than one occasion while watching them. I'm happy with the changes.

I'm so glad Rory's back to being Rory. She was my favorite character, and I hated how she changed in her college years. Now she's finally back to being the Rory I know.

I don't see what's wrong with the R/L phone sex thing that some people have a problem with. Rory was a little embarrassed, but she ended up doing it because she wanted to. I think it's cute (yes, the researching thing was just so Rory-like ) and I'm glad that Rory and Logan are both working on their relationship and trying to keep that intimacy.

Last edited by barbeegurl00; 10-13-2006 at 01:26 PM
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Let me first say that I still can't believe Emily wasn't in the first two eps, but now she's finally back.

I liked this ep. But I think Emily was overly strict and mean when she pulled the glass away from Charlotte. It didn't fit a) because for the rest of the evening she was very nice to her and b) Charlotte was trying to please her to make up for her mistake. Why then didn't Emily get angry with Caroline who clearly wasn't out to please her? There she could've been more strict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolabelle26 (View Post)
Does anyone feel like the cotillion should have lasted longer?
Me. (BTW in the sides it was longer). It also bugged me that everything was from Lorelai's POV. The Cotillion was Emily's think, yet we saw nearly nothing of her. Compared to PLG it was weak. Also in the Emily/Lorelai department. They didn't have one decent talk. Plus I think that the room the Cotillion was in wasn't that excuisite either compared to RD, PLG, WBB.

Loved Michel. Paris was great as well.

Lane Zach - okay I get it he had to get used to the baby, but I didn't like that he was totally ignoring it at first and when they both agreed that the baby sucked at the end - I really disliked that.

I won't say much to the LC thing - but how can he go on how great it was? Ugh.

RL - I found them cute.

I hope we see more of Richard soon and that he'll get his old hairstyle back - Emily's was great though.

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread