Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Interesting Kelly Bishop News.. thats exciting!
Agie
Old 10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the news Caf and gjoni.

As for EH on Grey's...
Spoiler:
Old 10-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait to see it!

OT - while we have been lucky to have some shows now start just a week or so after the US airing, GA is not one of them.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Is the KB bit actual news or just Ausiello trying to play casting director again, just like he did last year with Emily VanCamp on Brothers & Sisters..

I can't wait to see EH on Grey's The stills looked interesting!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Total Fan

ASP will do a movie for HBO...

Parker joins HBO's 'Revolution' - Entertainment News - Variety.com

Quote:
Parker joins HBO's 'Revolution'
Sherman-Palladino to adapt novel and direct

Sarah Jessica Parker will star in "The Late Bloomer's Revolution," a feature adaptation of the Amy Cohen book for HBO Films. "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino will make her feature directing debut.

Movie will be distributed by Picturehouse.

HBO Films acquired screen rights to Cohen's memoir, and Sherman-Palladino will adapt the novel, about a single woman who, after the death of her mother, develops a bond with her father as they both try to get on with their lives in the dating world.

Parker will produce with her Pretty Matches partner Alison Benson. Movie will be developed as part of the joint venture between HBO Films and Picturehouse.

An experienced TV showrunner and director, Sherman-Palladino had been looking to make the move into features. She sparked to the material and saw it as a good match with Parker's comic skills.

"Character stuff is what I do best, and there is an interesting lady at the center of this who explores a relationship with her father, who'd always been the silent guy in the corner watching TV when her mom was around," Sherman-Palladino said. "The humor is key here, and Sarah Jessica is a great comedienne."

Sherman-Palladino has directed episodes of "Gilmore Girls" and is doing the same with her new Fox comedy, the Regency Television-produced "The Return of Jezebel James," which stars Parker Posey and Lauren Ambrose.

Parker is in production on the feature rendition of her HBO series "Sex and the City."
Old 10-12-2007, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Anita,

interesting but I took a vow not to watch anything NEW ASP made with the exception of a GG movie!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Same here Craig...
Agie
Old 10-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds interesting.. Not sure if I'd ever watch it but who knows..

Old 10-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OT - shinystar love the avi, can't wait to see GA in a couple of hours when it comes in
Old 10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the ASP info, Anita.
HBO - does that mean it'll be a TV movie?

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 10-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that news. I like SJP, so maybe I'll see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
HBO - does that mean it'll be a TV movie?
HBO does produce some theatrical releases too, which I think this will be, since the article calls it a feature.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiegg108 (View Post)
HBO does produce some theatrical releases too, which I think this will be, since the article calls it a feature.
Thanks for replying, Katie.

BarkMyer posted a link on the SP board to a phone interview SP recently gave, where he also answered some fans' questions regarding GG. Here's a transcript of those GG specific parts (I hope it's pretty accurate):

Regarding a GG reunion movie:

SP: "Well, I've been contacted by a number of sources. I can't reveal too many and I don't want to start any rumors, but they asked me if I would be interested in doing a reunion movie and I said you know, look, Amy Sherman Palladino's writing it, I'd do the phone book for her, so."

Q: "When the change of writers came on the show, how did you feel about that really?"

SP: "Well, look, Amy left and it wasn't under the best of circumstances. There was a battle between her and the studio and also her husband, 'cause they were the writing team. It was, really sad to see them go. I thought that was, that was writing the show's epitaph right there. I figured they're gone, Amy is the voice of the show, you just, and it's such a unique voice that you're not going to be able to replace it because, (they) had some very talented writers come in and they just, you know, it's very difficult to be that specific with with the voice of each character so it kind of sealed its fate."

Q: "I'm going to interpret what you just said – you weren't very happy about it."

SP: "Well, she, Amy was the one who gave us our break in Hollywood and she created that show, she was the energy behind that show, she's the brains behind that show. You just can't replace that. It's, it's irreplaceable. So I think (sighs) boy, if they had to do it all over again, I think they might have tried to work out a better deal with her. "

Q: "Do you feel the show implied that you and Lorelai did end up together in the finale? How do you feel about that?"

SP: "I think they tried I don't think (laughing) they did very well. (Still laughing) They can imply all they want, but you know, the fans want what the fans want. They waited around for all those years and they just, they got this little pop in the end where you know they sort of kissed each other and …."

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 10-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thnx lancer1993 I was just thrilled to see EH share the screen with Patrick D

Thnx Gjoni!

Old 10-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the transcript. Good to read that. So there really are talks. And he's right about the end. Sad thing no one told the writers that or they didn't listen.

Avi by Valerie
Old 10-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG gjoni I love you I want to have your babies, oh wait that won't work LOL

Love the interview I just hope with stuff that was reported else where that Dan is there with Amy for any movie and that it does happen some day.

I'm betting seeing how bad the ratings are in it's old time slot that the CW is regretting not making the deal work, after all they were the ones that ultimately ended it with that call to Lauren while she was having dinner!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread