Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

inmyeyes- I will most definitely post my list!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Just saving us from page 2!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I saw "Dear Emily and Richard" for the first time last night. I didn't love it but it was alright for the most part. I'll come back later and talk more.

I just gotta say, the kids play young Chris & Lor were dreadful!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I completely wish Lauren & David had played the characters in flashback. (I’ve always wanted that to happen) They would have made the roles sparkle just like they do grown-up Chris & Lor. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Anyway more soon. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Ohh, I like I Shall Blieve as a Chris/Lor song.
Have no other suggestions, though :\ Will try and think of some.
BTW, I'm from Israel, and the channel that used to show Gilmore Girls (and Friends, etc) had a "fight" with the WB or something so they csn't show any of their shows. A different channel bought Friends, but the rest, like GG and Queer as Folk, aren't showing here.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

Fetch- Thanks so much, if you can think of any songs, that will be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, I'm completely convinced now: "I shall believe" is definitely going on my CD!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] Thanks for the vote!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]

I'm so sorry, to hear you still can't get GG!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I hope you're luck will change soon!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 06:27 AM
Master Fan

Hi, I’m back. I’ve been waiting a few days to get my mind together. Anyway, here are my thoughts on “Dear Emily and Richard”....

As I said in my first post about the episode, Chelsea and Glen (I think those were their names?) both sucked and blew at the same time! They just didn’t have the spark of David and Lauren. I guess you can’t expect that from two 16 year olds who are trying to emulate already established characters with distinct characteristics. I don’t see why they couldn’t have gotten Lauren and David to play them. They had Emily and Richard dressed up to look younger, and while that looked a little strange, the strangeness made it FUNNY! Like, Richard’s hair!!!! Hee! And Emily’s long hair and puffy sleeves!!! Lauren and David established these two wonderful characters with their fabulous rapport, and it just doesn’t sit right that two complete novices were chosen in their stead. I particularly found it hilarious and scary when young Chris and Lor walked through the door and Lorelai called out “Mom, are you home?”, only to be echoed by a very queer sounding Christopher with a squeaky high pitched voice that came out of nowhere!!!! I mean, Chris often mocks Lorelai and has a slight laugh in his voice, but somehow that just sounds like he’s devoted and endeared to her, rather than just being a pain. It was also really weird the way Christofake (as he was being called on TWoP) tried to copy Chris’ casual manor. He just sounded disinterested in everything, especially Lorelai. David’s casual is just cute with a lot of underlying depth and an immense connection with Lorelai.

Young Lorelai was completely whiny, and really without a brain in her head. She just sounded like a dilly, twitty fool. Especially when she was (and I will give the writing of Christofake its dues here) incredulous as to why they could not still go to Paris and live the carefree lifestyle that was their original plan. Christopher really stepped up to his responsibilities - he was resolved to make a go of the life that had now been placed upon them. He is a lot more sensible than Lorelai in general. I think that’s where Rory gets her pragmatic outlook on things. I mean, I know Chris is a bit flaky, but ultimately he’s more serious than Lor.

There was a thing that I found to be a noticeable error in established continuity. In “Presenting Lorelai Gilmore”, Chris said to Lor that he’s figured out finally that he doesn’t want his parents’ life. He said he was jealous of Lor because she worked that out when she was 16. It would seem that, in actuality, Chris was the first one to make this discovery. He might not have done anything about it, and might have thought better of it later, but he certainly knew what kind of life he wanted when he was 16. Lorelai was amazed when he said he wasn’t going to go to college. She said “the plans came over on the Mayflower, you can’t just change the plans”. So, I kinda find it cool in a way that Chris was the one who planted the rebellious seed (no pun intended) in Lorelai’s mind. Cos, altho she wasn’t happy with the life that was stretched out before her, she didn’t see that things could turn out any differently than what her parents expected of and for her.

Ok, now on to present day Chris and Lor. While I found Lauren and David’s interaction to be far superior to that of their young counterparts, the episode still fell short of being something that is of Balcony Buddy standard. Lorelai just seemed kind of nebulously miserable for no reason really, considering that those flashbacks we were getting weren’t really her “memories” but rather just weird back story for our sake. Chris was a little insensitive to Lorelai I must say, which is very unlike him. He did have a right to be happy, but she was clearly freaking. One bit of the episode I found to be enjoyable was when Chris greeted the girls at the hospital. They just immediately fell into their normal closeness and familiarity. I loved the look on Chris’ face when he saw Lor and when he kissed her on the cheek. I thought she was really nice and warm to him at the time too. It was nice to see their intimacy back again for even a brief moment.

On a side note, how annoying is Sherry?!?!?! I really can’t see Chris with her - it just seems so nuts.

Anyway, I think I’ll sign off now. I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts on the ep - I know its been ages since you guys in the US saw it, but BBness is with us 365 days a year! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2004, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm just saving us from the 2nd page!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Just getting us off page 2!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Back! Yay! I have only one more test and the end! Yay! I'm going on a ship tour to Scandinavia next week. I'm gonna see Sweden and Finland! I'm so happy!
Annush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

I'm so happy for you that tests are over!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Have fun on your holiday!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] You deserve it after all the hard work you did studying!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img]

Welcome back to the thread!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Woohoo, have fun, Kasienka!

I've got a test tomorrow I should be studying for... erg....
I want to make some C/L icons but don't have time. But als, I need quotes or lyrics or something for them.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hello and thank you all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You know... Tomorrow I have a test from religion. Yes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That's funny but I'm not gonna study religion. It should be about faith not knowledge.

Here it is... Some time ago I mentioned my web collective. Visit Digital Scream.

[ 02-05-2004: Message edited Kasienka ]
Annush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Kasienka- Great site!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I don't speak or read polish, but the graphics are really Brilliant!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Super work!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Loyal Fan

C&L shipper: Thanks for your CD tracklist! I haven't heard some of the songs before, so I'm gonna download them and take a listen. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind
inmyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyeyes:
<STRONG>C&L shipper: Thanks for your CD tracklist! I haven't heard some of the songs before, so I'm gonna download them and take a listen. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Ditto [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh cool! BB songs! Thanks for the list! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Icon by wicked_one
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread