Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

Sleeping is very important aspect of our lives, so sleep and have nice bright dreams! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

I'm gonna study math now.
Bye!
Annush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Kasienka- Okay here are my answers:

My fav food is Seafood. Actually among other meals, we always have it for Christmas Lunch every year. Since it is hot here we don’t feel like the traditional Turkey. Some ppl still go for that but a lot of ppl have seafood like us. We have a whole lot of cold shelled Prawns, with lemon juice and/o seafood sauce. We also have salad and sushi. It is a lovely feast.

My fav colour. Oh, yes I sure do have one: PINK!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] I’m obsessed with pink. Most of my clothes are pink. My bed linen and curtains, my CD player, my computer chair, even my bedroom walls are pink. Lots of other things of mine are pink as well. I LOVE THE COLOUR PINK!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

I want to work with, and for, children; possibly on a global scale.

My greatest dream is to fall in love, get married, and have my own/adopt children.
And, I can’t forget, I want Chris and Lor to get together and live happily ever after!!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think I get what you mean about GG in Poland. Is this right: there is a man who is translating the dialogue into Polish, but you can still hear and understand what the GG actors are saying in English?????? Doesn’t that all get a bit distracting hearing two sets of voices, and in two different languages??????

What type of business do you hope to run one day???????
Old 03-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for your dream wishes!!!!!! [img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img] I didn’t see them before I went to bed. I had nice dreams tho, so your vibes must have reached me somehow!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Thanks so much!!!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I hope your Maths didn’t stress you too much!!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by C&L shipper:
<STRONG>I think I get what you mean about GG in Poland. Is this right: there is a man who is translating the dialogue into Polish, but you can still hear and understand what the GG actors are saying in English?????? Doesn’t that all get a bit distracting hearing two sets of voices, and in two different languages??????</STRONG>
I was wondering the same thing. Can you hear the English at normal volume or is it quieter? Are a lot of shows done that way?

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jennarose:
<STRONG>

I was wondering the same thing. Can you hear the English at normal volume or is it quieter? Are a lot of shows done that way?</STRONG>
I can hear English but it's quieter. Sometimes Polish translator finishes the sentence earlier and than I can hear English. It's like 2 people talking at thesame time: the actor and reader. All foregin shows are done that way and I like it. It's better than for example dubbing. You can see and hear it for example in
here. That's from "That 70s show".
Old 03-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the link. I'll download the clip tonight before I go to bed.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

Kasienka - Thanks so much for the clip. It was very interesting to see. I personally think I would find it a little confusing - and not only because I don't know Polish. It's just that the 2 sets of voices does seem a bit distracting. Plus, it's not really clear from the translation which character is speaking. I think you are very clever to be able to decipher it all. Again, thanks so much!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

All Polish people are very clever [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] That's the reason we don't get confused [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Seriously, you can simply get used to the reader and do not even notice that he's really speaking. I hear him and I hear original version and somehow I know who's speaking, I know how original voices sound. It's not as difficult as it seems [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

Guys, [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]

We are nearly up to thread 7, what do we want to call it?????Kasienka and I chose our preferences from the "reasons" list. Fetch perhaps, you could cast the deciding vote and pick your fav out of the ones Kasienka and I like?????

Kasienka wants: 4, 17, 18.

I want: 12 ,21, 22, 23,25, 30.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Titles: left my favorites [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
1. Because the Europe trip was all Daddy's idea.
4. Because it should have been Lorelai
10. Because she was having a blast, then horrified
12. Because they're the drama king and queen of Connecticut
25: He knew she was making up Brigadoon references

I also like 18, but I think it's too long.

As for dubbing, we have that sometimes here, but I hate it. I prefer subtitles.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

fetch- So we can have a majority of us liking the title could you pick your fav out of 4,12,25. We will then use that for the title. Two of us like it so that is the majority.

Does that make sense?

Anway if you could chose your fav out of the 3 titles, that would be wonderful!!!!!!! [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-11-2004: Message edited C&L shipper ]
Old 03-12-2004, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, made the new thread [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
http://forums.fanforum.com/cgi-bin/u...&f=47&t=003456