Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2021, 09:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Goodnight!

Hopefully, we will actually get another Ace/Nancy scene in the last two episodes...cause otherwise nothing will make sense!
Old 05-24-2021, 06:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
And does anyone else want a custom title?
*raises hand* If it's not too late, yes, I would very much like that!
Old 05-24-2021, 06:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsManders (View Post)
*raises hand* If it's not too late, yes, I would very much like that!
Good! I was just about to ask you anyway. I'll add you to the list. I have to send the list in soon. So if there's anyone else, please tell me ASAP!

If you want to send in a testimonial, please send it ASAP.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Old 05-24-2021, 11:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Hey! What's up?
Old 05-24-2021, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Just trying to download some logoless episodes to vid. I am so mad at the new photoshop. ugh.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

It's still acting stupid? I checked the release notes and that was not mentioned at all. It must be a glitch. They are always pushing out updates...so eventually it will be fixed.

Did you try uninstalling it and reinstalling it?
Old 05-24-2021, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
It's still acting stupid? I checked the release notes and that was not mentioned at all. It must be a glitch. They are always pushing out updates...so eventually it will be fixed.

Did you try uninstalling it and reinstalling it?
I'm doing that now.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Good. Let me know if that fixes the problem.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
I LOVE this post!! I'm so happy you wrote something!

I honestly don't know what to think. You lay out an incredibly logical argument, BUT I've been burned MULTIPLE TIMES by MULTIPLE SHOWS and it's SO HARD for me to trust anything ever. I really thought this show was different. The main mystery in Season 1 was so intricately plotted, it was insane! But Season 2 just seems like an overstuffed bag. They wasted so much time on stand-alones and then had to check the boxes with other special episodes and now it's just like a mad dash to stuff in as much plot before the finale...BUT the ONE THING that was consistent in this season was Nancy/Ace interaction.

Their relationship has been building up and building up for episodes. Nancy basically sold her soul to save Ace's life. He was intimately involved in this storyline. So it's just really, really, really, really weird to me he was COMPLETELY removed from it. Not even a mention (this is the first time he wasn't even mentioned in a Nancy scene either! Even in the episodes he missed in Season 1!). It just feels like really, really, really bad writing and it's very disappointing (like...they had this crap down back at Thanksgiving??!)

It's not about shipping or crying about that....it's about the storyline that was set-up and the writers did a crappy job. I honestly don't know what to expect, but I definitely have lowered my expectations for the entire show now. If they can't remember the storyline they created, then why should I bother watching? If you're going to set up a storyline and not follow through with it, I'm not going to praise you for it.

I'm just genuinely confused...but I'm not surprised yet another CW show has let me down. Just disappointed.

Also, I really wish some people would knock of the comments about how not everything is about "Nace" and just enjoy the storyline as is. Everything definitely isn't about shipping, but if I don't like something, I'm going to say it. I'm not going to lie and kiss people's butts. That's just how I am and I'm not going to apologize for it.
Thanks! Trust me, I know ALL about being burned and I get being extremely weary when sensing yet another show/ship is stringing you along/or going down the tubes. However, like you said.. I did lay out a good logical argument! We have to pay attention to the facts here and the fact IS we did NOT imagine Nace. The writers went above and beyond to put interactions/hints, etc in EVERY single episode but the last one. Also, the mere fact that the writers choose to write 2x13, speaks for itself! I can't give you an exact answer they they chose to cut Nancy/Ace out of the last episode, but honestly, I'm going where the facts lead me, and I still say that it was on purpose and for a reason, and NOT just because of bad writing. Though, that might be a factor, as unfortunately this season turned out to be pretty uneven, and I think dark! Nancy was way too rushed and should have happened earlier in the season. (It's not the show's fault as 5 eps were wrapping up s1, though they shouldn't have done so many standalones/random eps) Still, evidence and logic leads me to believe that there is SOMETIHNG coming for Nancy/Ace in these last two episodes. What exactly? I don't know, but based on all the previous episodes we must have some kind of important interaction coming.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 05-24-2021, 06:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall like stars (View Post)
Thanks! Trust me, I know ALL about being burned and I get being extremely weary when sensing yet another show/ship is stringing you along/or going down the tubes. However, like you said.. I did lay out a good logical argument! We have to pay attention to the facts here and the fact IS we did NOT imagine Nace. The writers went above and beyond to put interactions/hints, etc in EVERY single episode but the last one. Also, the mere fact that the writers choose to write 2x13, speaks for itself! I can't give you an exact answer they they chose to cut Nancy/Ace out of the last episode, but honestly, I'm going where the facts lead me, and I still say that it was on purpose and for a reason, and NOT just because of bad writing. Though, that might be a factor, as unfortunately this season turned out to be pretty uneven, and I think dark! Nancy was way too rushed and should have happened earlier in the season. (It's not the show's fault as 5 eps were wrapping up s1, though they shouldn't have done so many standalones/random eps) Still, evidence and logic leads me to believe that there is SOMETIHNG coming for Nancy/Ace in these last two episodes. What exactly? I don't know, but based on all the previous episodes we must have some kind of important interaction coming.
Well, it took you long enough to respond! Just kidding I know you were busy.

Quote:
Also, the mere fact that the writers choose to write 2x13, speaks for itself!
This is good point. You're right.

Quote:
I can't give you an exact answer they they chose to cut Nancy/Ace out of the last episode
If this was any other show, I'd just say it was typical...but if they didn't want them to share scenes for a particular reason, there could have been a line of dialogue or some kind of other one screen direction that pointed to them still being at "odds" I guess. It just felt really random. Like??? They left 2x13 very angsty, but there truly hasn't been any follow up to that (there hasn't been any follow up to 1x18 or 2x01 either...but that's whole other discussion).

Quote:
unfortunately this season turned out to be pretty uneven, and I think dark! Nancy was way too rushed and should have happened earlier in the season. (It's not the show's fault as 5 eps were wrapping up s1, though they shouldn't have done so many standalones/random eps)
Dark!Nancy was rushed! And it will probably last approximately one episode or less. And it's not going to carry over to Season 3 because they're not going to have their "heroine" dark and angsty for that long. Besides, she needs a break...and time to heal and get some help/therapy. They should have had this twist WAY earlier in the season instead of wasting time on all of these other random storylines. Like I honestly thought Nancy would have been angsty from the start, but she wasn't and while her identity crisis was there pretty much all season...they waited way too long to pay off that storyline...and I use "pay off" loosely. Also, they BARELY showed Gil this season and I wonder why they didn't just have Nancy hook up with a random guest star instead of making a big deal about the Bobbsey twin. The only explanation I have about that is that they 1) just wanted the Bobbsey Twins and 2) wanted to link Nancy and Ace's LIs together (for what reason IDK???).

Quote:
Still, evidence and logic leads me to believe that there is SOMETIHNG coming for Nancy/Ace in these last two episodes. What exactly? I don't know, but based on all the previous episodes we must have some kind of important interaction coming.
I would love to see this evidence, but I guess?? Remember the writers didn't even give them anything important in the original Season 1 finale other than like a half of a scene. So...it's not like it's a real priority for them. Still, it would be nice for there to be some kind of pay-off to this current storyline that they try to keep Ace away from for some reason even though he's the reason???
Old 05-24-2021, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall like stars (View Post)
I like the sound of this.
Old 05-24-2021, 06:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I like the sound of this.
Shauna's much smarter than me.
Old 05-24-2021, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Shauna is soothing and usually think I'm WAY naive.
Old 05-24-2021, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Great post Shauna! You're the board voice of reason
Closed Thread   Post New Thread