Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2021, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

I'm fairly certain the Bobbseys' are hightailing it out of here by the finale, simply because I can't see there being a reason for them to stick around further after that. But who knows. I haven't seen the episode yet, but what I've read doesn't make me want to run and watch right away. It seems very meh overall. And the fact that the reason Nancy is in this mess to begin with is because she saved Ace, I'm not understanding his lack of involvement and a payoff here.

That said, I agree with you, S, that a lot of this is the result of them cramming a lot in so few episodes. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen with shows. They waste so much time on random filler and standalone props that they spend the last few episodes rushing to finish main plotlines they should've worked with more. This season has had some stellar episodes so I know they can do better. I just hope it turns around and we get some sort of Nancy/Ace payoff soon.
Andrea ღ|Icon: madness
Old 05-19-2021, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
I'm fairly certain the Bobbseys' are hightailing it out of here by the finale, simply because I can't see there being a reason for them to stick around further after that. But who knows. I haven't seen the episode yet, but what I've read doesn't make me want to run and watch right away. It seems very meh overall. And the fact that the reason Nancy is in this mess to begin with is because she saved Ace, I'm not understanding his lack of involvement and a payoff here.

That said, I agree with you, S, that a lot of this is the result of them cramming a lot in so few episodes. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen with shows. They waste so much time on random filler and standalone props that they spend the last few episodes rushing to finish main plotlines they should've worked with more. This season has had some stellar episodes so I know they can do better. I just hope it turns around and we get some sort of Nancy/Ace payoff soon.
The show can definitely do Better!
Old 05-19-2021, 10:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I haven't seen the episode yet, but what I've read doesn't make me want to run and watch right away. It seems very meh overall. And the fact that the reason Nancy is in this mess to begin with is because she saved Ace, I'm not understanding his lack of involvement and a payoff here.
This board is in the very, very small minority. Everyone else LOVED IT. I'm not kidding. I'm just like But IDK...maybe people just haven't seen very many good shows.

And yes...I have no idea why they bothered making him the reason if he's not even involved??? Not even mentioned????

She's doing all these random things without her friends now? It just seems very rushed cause they just had to finish this stuff before the end of the season?? And trusting Gil???? Yeah...that's gonna end well.

The last two episodes better be amazing or I better hear something awesome about Season 3 because my interest is waning. BIG TIME. I'll always, always, always love Nancy/Ace...but I'm not waiting forever for them. The writers DID NOT have to give them all that attention this season...but they did and now they need to pay it off with something.

ETA: This show CAN and HAS done better. I'm very disappointed.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
This board is in the very, very small minority. Everyone else LOVED IT. I'm not kidding. I'm just like But IDK...maybe people just haven't seen very many good shows.

And yes...I have no idea why they bothered making him the reason if he's not even involved??? Not even mentioned????

She's doing all these random things without her friends now? It just seems very rushed cause they just had to finish this stuff before the end of the season?? And trusting Gil???? Yeah...that's gonna end well.

The last two episodes better be amazing or I better hear something awesome about Season 3 because my interest is waning. BIG TIME. I'll always, always, always love Nancy/Ace...but I'm not waiting forever for them. The writers DID NOT have to give them all that attention this season...but they did and now they need to pay it off with something.

ETA: This show CAN and HAS done better. I'm very disappointed.
Yeah there was a lot of love for the episode on Twitter. I didn't get it myself. The twist is amazing obviously, but the rest... Maybe it'll be better when I watch it shortly? But the story is a giant miss without Ace's involvement. This mess started because of him/Nancy wanting to save him. Why is it being ignored?

Idk, but I do know they can do better and they better deliver in these last two episodes or give us some kind of hint for season 3, otherwise I'm not sure I want to wait either. My patience with shows has gotten a lot thinner over the years, especially now. It's much easier now for me to toss aside a show that doesn't make me happy. Life's too short.
Andrea ღ|Icon: madness
Old 05-20-2021, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Same. There is too much tv out there for me to waste my time on something that makes me unhappy.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I haven't even seen the episode yet, but based on the comments on the board. Terrible writing was involved. Which is S2 to me in a nutshell. They couldn't even properly build Nancy and Ace with this arc given she did it for him. At least that's what we have seen and was told. He should be heavily involved in the arc and it brings them closer together at the same time. But no. TPTB put Ace with Amanda's useless a** and Nancy's boring FWB situation with Gil. There's nothing being built between N&A. I mean we know they're friends, but we're not getting any deep scenes between them. Something that pushes them closer together. More than friends. I doubt she knows his true feelings about things and his secrets. We know Nancy likes to keep her guard up, but he's not trying to get to truly know her. That arc could have done that. They're trying to deal with this Hudson thing while growing closer. I bet she doesn't even know his favorite band.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 05-20-2021 at 01:50 PM Reason: typo
Old 05-20-2021, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

At this point, I just hope that her walls come down around him a bit. They dropped the ball to do anything significant this season.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
At this point, I just hope that her walls come down around him a bit. They dropped the ball to do anything significant this season.
They really did. They could have brought them closer together without actually putting them in a romantic relationship this season. Many other shows have done it. "She did it to save Ace" would be the perfect arc to do that.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree. There's no time now to squeeze in anything major for Nancy and Ace in the finale...unless they decide they want to rush it. They've done that with literally every other couple on the show, but I don't think they will with Nace. I'm hoping for at least another scene with just the two of them before season's end. A hug would be nice. Nancy opening up to Ace and talking to him would be great, too. But I'm not holding my breath for anything now. She and Ace will probably end the season engaged to Gil and Amanda or some crap like that because despite how good this show is, it's still a CW show.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I haven't even seen the episode yet, but based on the comments on the board. Terrible writing was involved. Which is S2 to me in a nutshell. They couldn't even properly build Nancy and Ace with this arc given she did it for him. At least that's what we have seen and was told. He should be heavily involved in the arc and it brings them closer together at the same time. But no. TPTB put Ace with Amanda's useless a** and Nancy's boring FWB situation with Gil. There's nothing being built between N&A. I mean we know they're friends, but we're not getting any deep scenes between them. Something that pushes them closer together. More than friends. I doubt she knows his true feelings about things and his secrets. We know Nancy likes to keep her guard up, but he's not trying to get to truly know her. That arc could have done that. They're trying to deal with this Hudson thing while growing closer. I bet she doesn't even know his favorite band.
The episode was LOVED on twitter and tumblr. I'm in the tiny minority. The Celia twist was great, but the rest of the episode was a jumbled, boring mess. Not sure what people were watching that they thought it was so good.

Quote:
She and Ace will probably end the season engaged to Gil and Amanda or some crap like that because despite how good this show is, it's still a CW show.
I can't speak for Amanda, but Gil is 100000% going to do something awful. Nancy and The Fish are not a love story. Gil thinks about one person and that's himself. They kept beating us over the head with how he's not to be trusted and how he's controlling and a dick and co-dependent. He even treats his own twin sister like trash! Nancy thinks she has the upper hand with him when everyone was literally warning how despicable he is??? Honey, you got a storm coming!

Nancy will probably leave Everett alone with Gil thinking she has the situation under control and guess what will happen????

Mark my words, 2x17 is NOT going to end well for Nancy and Gil will be 100000% to blame. He's lucky if all he gets is dumped. He should get his ass kicked and I hope he does.

This is the only prediction I'm going to make and feel 10000% good about.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I can't speak for Amanda, but Gil is 100000% going to do something awful.
I really, really hope so. That's the only outcome that will provide any sort of payoff to the Bobbsey storyline. I've seen some people theorizing that maybe he's actually possessed by Momma Bobbsey's monster or something (and that perhaps that even has something to do with the Polaroid pic of Nancy at the end), but even if that doesn't turn out to be the case, I just really hope he betrays Nancy somehow. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he did. Like I said in a post in the last thread, I want Ace to kick his ass sooooo baaaaaad, and in order for that to happen, Gil has to do something to hurt Nancy. Like you said, Nancy and Gil are not a love story. He does seem to treat her better than he treats his own sister, but the guy is bad news. And he'll probably cut a deal with someone and hand Nancy over to them.

Or, the twist will be that he's actually the nicest guy in the world, and he's just been pretending to be a dick for rEaSoNs. Honestly, could go either way at this point.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
He does seem to treat her better than he treats his own sister, but the guy is bad news
That's cause he's getting laid. Wait until he doesn't have a use for Nancy anymore.

Quote:
Or, the twist will be that he's actually the nicest guy in the world, and he's just been pretending to be a dick for rEaSoNs. Honestly, could go either way at this point.
NOPE. He is 100% a bad person. He's barely been on screen enough for that kind of bait and switch.

And he's not possessed by some ghost. He's just a horrible human being.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That's cause he's getting laid.
Good point. But also, don't remind me.
Quote:
NOPE. He is 100% a bad person. He's barely been on screen enough for that kind of bait and switch.

And he's not possessed by some ghost. He's just a horrible human being.
I'm sure you're right. If he were possessed, he'd be a jerk to Nancy too, not just to everyone else.

What's funny is since the last episode, I've seen a lot of converted Gil fans who are all screaming, "I LOVE GIL SO MUCH NOW!!!!" and praising him for helping Nancy kidnap Everett. So, if he turns out to be truly evil and not just a flaming dick, and he betrays Nancy and puts her in serious danger, it will be hilarious watching all these people having to walk their comments back.

My concern is that Nancy going dark and kidnapping Everett and doing whatever else she may end up doing to him—WITH GIL, NO LESS—will put a serious strain on her friendship with Ace, because I could see that all being a huge turn-off for him and it all being something he has a hard time getting over. So, hopefully the writers have really thought this one through if they ever actually do plan on making Nace happen.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't think the episode was horrible tbh, but underwhelming.

I was kind of thinking Nancy might tell Gil that she's a Hudson, then he would tell them, but at least Nancy told Everett herself. I do think he'll betray her some other way though.
Quote:
Nancy and The Fish are not a love story. Gil thinks about one person and that's himself. They kept beating us over the head with how he's not to be trusted and how he's controlling and a dick and co-dependent. He even treats his own twin sister like trash! Nancy thinks she has the upper hand with him when everyone was literally warning how despicable he is???
This is very well said! I'm a little worried for when Nancy realizes he isn't who she thinks he is.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Gil is 10000% a dick.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top