Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2021, 07:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
My concern is that Nancy going dark and kidnapping Everett and doing whatever else she may end up doing to him—WITH GIL, NO LESS—will put a serious strain on her friendship with Ace, because I could see that all being a huge turn-off for him and it all being something he has a hard time getting over.
Ehh...I think it's going to last one episode and then Nancy will realize that she really screwed up and underestimated the situation.

LOL at converted Gil fans. Wow...they must be really young or naive.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Ehh...I think it's going to last one episode and then Nancy will realize that she really screwed up and underestimated the situation.

LOL at converted Gil fans. Wow...they must be really young or naive.
It is a one episode thing. She will trust the idiot and then be like but he betrayed me. If Ace does anything it will be fight with Amanda over how big of **** her brother is and then end up breaking up.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Amanda will probably be collateral damage to whatever crap Gil pulls.

If they wanted to keep Amanda around, they should have made her legitimately closer to the other characters and not just a plot point.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Amanda will probably be collateral damage to whatever crap Gil pulls.

If they wanted to keep Amanda around, they should have made her legitimately closer to the other characters and not just a plot point.
She is a plot point. I am hoping Ryan gave her enough to run to Europe.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
She is a plot point. I am hoping Ryan gave her enough to run to Europe.
Europe, New Mexico, jail...IDC. Just leave already.

We all know she cares about Gil more than anyone else. It doesn't matter what he will do.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Europe, New Mexico, jail...IDC. Just leave already.

We all know she cares about Gil more than anyone else. It doesn't matter what he will do.
Exactly.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Her twin brother vs a guy she's known for a few weeks? YEAH.

Plus, like you've said...she didn't care that he almost killed George.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Her twin brother vs a guy she's known for a few weeks? YEAH.

Plus, like you've said...she didn't care that he almost killed George.
Pretty much. It was set up to be like this.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Also, I forgot to post a link to my 2x15 gif set.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's some things I keep thinking about after the last ep:

-Ace was removed from the Everett storyline
-Ace had ZERO interaction with Nancy in the ep. Not even a single mention. Zilch. Nothing.
-If that was your first ep, you would NEVER even know that Ace/Nancy even knew each other.
-This is the first ep since what 1x12.. with NO Ace/Nancy scenes or interaction whatsoever.

HOWEVER,

-The writers have made sure to put in Nancy/Ace interactions/hints in every episode this season.
--The writers made a conscious choice for Nancy to risk everything to save Ace in 2x13
-We DID NOT Imagine the jealously being portrayed in 2x13 - that was deliberate camera work/writing.
-Above all the writers have SHOWN us time and time again, that Ace cares about Nancy, and Nancy cares about Ace.

So.. WHY, all of a sudden, would the writers just drop Nancy/Ace? Yes, clearly nothing is going to happen between them this season, but for them to go from what we have seen building up between them to now NOTHING... that just seems a little strange. Yes, it could be bad writing, but IDK. I'm thinking it's on purpose. It's just so bizarre that they would just drop their entire dynamic I think there's a bit more in store for Nancy/Ace this season. IDK what yet, but it's coming. I think all our expectations have been exceptionally lowered but no way I can accept that they just dropped them all together. There HAS to l be some sort of 1 on 1 scene by the end of the season addressing everything. If I'm wrong, and this is just bad writing.... well that won't be the first time but these are my thoughts for now.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 05-21-2021, 10:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't think that the writers have dropped the Ace/Nancy storyline or narrative. I tend to forget this sometimes- but the show is taking place in a very very short timespan here- last weeks episode and this weeks episode all took place in 2 days. And previous episodes we found out took place all in a week- which was like only a few days ago from the last 2 episodes.

It's okay if for one episode they don't 100% interact- I do believe the writers are not playing with us nor is Kennedy- and there will be something that happens with them- either we get a kiss or realization from one or both of them at the end of the season- and then them getting together next season for sure.

I actually enjoyed the episode- guess I'm in the minority on the board. LOL.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I don't think that the writers have dropped the Ace/Nancy storyline or narrative.
I don't think they've dropped Nancy/Ace either. A part of me has to wonder if Ace was purposely kept away from Nancy this episode because all he would have done was once again put his two cents in, and once again, all Nancy would have done was push him away (and get angry with him the way she did with Ryan and Nick). I think for the sake of not causing any more of a rift between them, the writers decided to just not go there with them this episode. After all, Ace already told her his concerns the episode before; there was no need to have him do it all over again in this one.
Quote:
I do believe the writers are not playing with us nor is Kennedy- and there will be something that happens with them- either we get a kiss or realization from one or both of them at the end of the season- and then them getting together next season for sure.
I agree. It's way too soon for them to get together—and it can't be done right until Nancy has dealt with all the tragedy in her life first—but I'm going to remain hopeful that SOMETHING will happen in the finale between them, even if it's just one or both admitting to themselves that they have feelings. If Nancy ends up in grave danger in 2x18 and her life is threatened, I could see Ace being the one who has that moment of realization, especially if he's at all involved with saving her. No matter what, I'm convinced they will get together sometime next season.
Quote:
I enjoyed it, too. It wasn't perfect, but it is currently living rent free in my head because I'm trying to figure out what everything means, how everything is connected, and what might happen in the last 2 episodes.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall like stars (View Post)
Here's some things I keep thinking about after the last ep:

-Ace was removed from the Everett storyline
-Ace had ZERO interaction with Nancy in the ep. Not even a single mention. Zilch. Nothing.
-If that was your first ep, you would NEVER even know that Ace/Nancy even knew each other.
-This is the first ep since what 1x12.. with NO Ace/Nancy scenes or interaction whatsoever.

HOWEVER,

-The writers have made sure to put in Nancy/Ace interactions/hints in every episode this season.
--The writers made a conscious choice for Nancy to risk everything to save Ace in 2x13
-We DID NOT Imagine the jealously being portrayed in 2x13 - that was deliberate camera work/writing.
-Above all the writers have SHOWN us time and time again, that Ace cares about Nancy, and Nancy cares about Ace.

So.. WHY, all of a sudden, would the writers just drop Nancy/Ace? Yes, clearly nothing is going to happen between them this season, but for them to go from what we have seen building up between them to now NOTHING... that just seems a little strange. Yes, it could be bad writing, but IDK. I'm thinking it's on purpose. It's just so bizarre that they would just drop their entire dynamic I think there's a bit more in store for Nancy/Ace this season. IDK what yet, but it's coming. I think all our expectations have been exceptionally lowered but no way I can accept that they just dropped them all together. There HAS to l be some sort of 1 on 1 scene by the end of the season addressing everything. If I'm wrong, and this is just bad writing.... well that won't be the first time but these are my thoughts for now.
I LOVE this post!! I'm so happy you wrote something!

I honestly don't know what to think. You lay out an incredibly logical argument, BUT I've been burned MULTIPLE TIMES by MULTIPLE SHOWS and it's SO HARD for me to trust anything ever. I really thought this show was different. The main mystery in Season 1 was so intricately plotted, it was insane! But Season 2 just seems like an overstuffed bag. They wasted so much time on stand-alones and then had to check the boxes with other special episodes and now it's just like a mad dash to stuff in as much plot before the finale...BUT the ONE THING that was consistent in this season was Nancy/Ace interaction.

Their relationship has been building up and building up for episodes. Nancy basically sold her soul to save Ace's life. He was intimately involved in this storyline. So it's just really, really, really, really weird to me he was COMPLETELY removed from it. Not even a mention (this is the first time he wasn't even mentioned in a Nancy scene either! Even in the episodes he missed in Season 1!). It just feels like really, really, really bad writing and it's very disappointing (like...they had this crap down back at Thanksgiving??!)

It's not about shipping or crying about that....it's about the storyline that was set-up and the writers did a crappy job. I honestly don't know what to expect, but I definitely have lowered my expectations for the entire show now. If they can't remember the storyline they created, then why should I bother watching? If you're going to set up a storyline and not follow through with it, I'm not going to praise you for it.

I'm just genuinely confused...but I'm not surprised yet another CW show has let me down. Just disappointed.

Also, I really wish some people would knock of the comments about how not everything is about "Nace" and just enjoy the storyline as is. Everything definitely isn't about shipping, but if I don't like something, I'm going to say it. I'm not going to lie and kiss people's butts. That's just how I am and I'm not going to apologize for it.

Quote:
Nah, you're in the majority of the fandom. I'm the weirdo. But I am going to rewatch the episode later with a more objective eye and try to leave the emotion out of it. Maybe I'll like it better? I tried that with 2x10 (an episode I DETESTED) and it didn't work...but there's always hope!

Quote:
I don't think that the writers have dropped the Ace/Nancy storyline or narrative.
Wouldn't be the first time stuff was randomly dropped from a CW show.

You gotta take everything that is said off-screen (especially by actors) with a grain of salt...but a big reason why I don't think anything is going to happen...even hinted to...is because of Kennedy's recent comments. So, while I take everything with a grain of salt...I have her comments in the back of my mind. Also, on top of what she had said back in January about the entire season leads me to believe nothing is happening. Maybe there will be some group interaction, but I seriously doubt there will be anything else. I THINK 2x13 was supposed to be some kind of bookend for the Nancy/Ace ship this season...IDK.

I used to think they would kiss in the finale and then something would prevent them from being together until Season 3...but I seriously doubt that is going to happen now (plus this was back when I thought Ace would be the one with the obvious feelings and that's not the direction they went in at all). We'll be lucky if they exchange any meaningful dialogue. I'm not really sure what the writers are playing at anymore. They really shouldn't have bothered until they were *REALLY* ready to commit to a storyline between them...because now all that momentum is lost...and there's really just not enough *TIME* to ramp it up again. It would feel really rushed...and who really wants that?? Besides, Nancy needs therapy and is definitely not ready for a real relationship with one of her best friends...but once up on a time, I did think there would be SOMETHING to pay-off the current storyline. Just because the writers are ignoring it, doesn't mean I didn't see it happen with my own two eyes!!

I just want the Bobbseys to go away and for there to be some kind of time jump (maybe Nancy goes off to college or at least gets some therapy). I hope more time passes during Season 3 because everything just seems so bunched up...it's unrealistic. Maybe they'll come back around to Nancy/Ace in Season 3 or beyond. It would be such a shame to not utilize all that chemistry.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
So it's just really, really, really, really weird to me he was COMPLETELY removed from it.
I don't actually believe he's been completely removed from the storyline. After all, he was still voicing his concern to her in 2x15 (although very briefly, thanks to Tom Swift). I think the problem here is that because so much is happening in the plot right now, they don't have time to squeeze in much else. Having Ace voice his concerns again in this episode would have just felt repetitive, and it would have don't nothing but piss Nancy off even more than she already was. And they certainly can't have Ace involved with the Grandpa Hudson kidnapping plot because he's too good of a human being to go along with it. Gil is a POS, and Nancy is obviously not herself right now (as the Polaroid at the end suggests). So...I can see why they didn't even interact at all this episode. Am I happy about that? ABSOLUTELY NOT. But let's face it...in 2x13, Nancy and Ace did not end the episode on a great note after their conversation. We're lucky they've talked at all or even stood next to each other since then, so their lack of interaction is pretty believable (though incredibly frustrating).
Quote:
It's not about shipping or crying about that....it's about the storyline that was set-up and the writers did a crappy job.
My gut reaction was to also go straight to "crappy writing job", BUT then I decided I will at least wait until the season is over before coming to that conclusion. If neither 2x17 or 2x18 has any sort of pay-off that involves Ace in this whole storyline, then yes—shame on the writers for setting up SOMETHING just to give us NOTHING. At this point, there's no way there will be anything close to a kiss in the finale (but did we really think there would be, or were we just really hoping there would be?), but I still believe we will get at least one of them realizing their feelings. Of course, I could be wrong. I've been wrong about a lot of things so far!
Quote:
Also, I really wish some people would knock of the comments about how not everything is about "Nace" and just enjoy the storyline as is. Everything definitely isn't about shipping, but if I don't like something, I'm going to say it. I'm not going to lie and kiss people's butts. That's just how I am and I'm not going to apologize for it.
Ugggghhh. Those comments have been irking me! I saw a few today on Tumblr, people complaining about things like how the Nancy Drew tag was "90% Nace" when they didn't even share a scene together last episode. And first of all, I only saw a COUPLE of posts about Nace in the tag, not "90%", and besides—who cares? Why complain about people posting about their ships? Are we not allowed to voice our opinions about BOTH shipping AND the episode in general? It's like, if you don't like reading those "90%" of posts, then just IGNORE THEM.
Quote:
Wouldn't be the first time stuff was randomly dropped from a CW show.
True, true. I've seen enough CW shows to know that. However, I don't think they'll drop Nace. It's BY FAR the most popular ship this show has had. They've seen all the reactions on Twitter and Reddit and Instagram every week, and they know what the fans want. I know another popular show I've never watched also teased an extremely popular ship that they made sure NEVER HAPPENED, but I truly believe the Nancy Drew writing team is not childish and petty like that. I think they view Nancy and Ace as true love, endgame material, and that's why they're going to take their time building their relationship.
Quote:
Maybe they'll come back around to Nancy/Ace in Season 3 or beyond. It would be such a shame to not utilize all that chemistry.
Oh, I think season 3 will be the season of Nace, for sure. They just need to heal Nancy a bit (or a lot) first, and that's going to take some time. As impatient as I am, I do believe they are approaching it the right way. Too many of my past ships have gotten together too soon, only to break up a few episodes later because of insecurities or realizing they're not as compatible as they once thought, or blahblahblah. I want Nancy and Ace to get together and have a loving, healthy, long-term relationship (like Jim and Pam in The Office, seasons 4—8, and then the very end of 9). I think Nancy and Ace could to it...
Old 05-21-2021, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am just gonna see how it goes. At this point, I just want a comfort scene.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread