Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2020, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

I keep thinking that I will rewatch the original...but I just can't go back after the 2018 reboot. I think it has ruined me.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 10-02-2020, 02:49 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

You should at least rewatch the first three seasons, that's when the show was at it's best. As for the other seasons, I don't blame you.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-tea (View Post)
I keep thinking that I will rewatch the original...but I just can't go back after the 2018 reboot. I think it has ruined me.

I just see them as two completely different shows about sister witches. There happens to be similarities... I think I love the original too much to be ruined no matter how much I love the remake.

I'd try a favourite episode or favourite season if you do want to rewatch. It might be easier to watch than just starting from the beginning

The first season of the original though There is such wonder, discover, & magic in it imo... something the remake lost in their speeding through storylines

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-02-2020, 06:58 PM
Graphics Team

The pacing of the original is better than the remake so far.

Season eight, and possibly seven, of the original for me is not worth rewatching but the others have their moments.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'd rather watch S8 than S7 personally. But S8 is a weird one. Possibly even like a fanfic version of Charmed? The money constraints/loss spoiled S8. Billie wasn't necessarily a likeable character & it would've made more impact to have introduced her earlier on. Then you really would believe the connection they all had & then felt a stronger betrayal. In the end though the ultimate battle still was lame. After all they had faced their biggest threat was a pair of witches?

Generally I just watch Paige & Henry in S8 then ignore the rest & ignore how stupidly fast that relationship is as I find them cute

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-04-2020, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

I don't actually like the first half of season 1 of the original that much
Old 10-04-2020, 06:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkellyx (View Post)
I don't actually like the first half of season 1 of the original that much
it was a lot darker in that time

see i love charmed rewacthing it for the 100th time i realised how bad season 8 was besides the final it was a mess
Old 10-04-2020, 08:41 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It was darker
I prefer S2 to S1, & probably the later half of S1 to the first half. Around the middle are some of my favourite episodes from that season...

One thing which bugs me about the finale is that Prue wasn't incorporated. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have had a picture of her on the wall. Surely they could've used a picture of young Prue instead so they didn't use Shannen?

I came across this video yesterday which I thought could've been a nice touch for them to end the show:

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-04-2020, 09:46 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I always hated hearing Prue wasn't acknowledged in the series finale at all but the beef between SD and the show was so heated it's no wonder the show never showed her again. I think I liked S2 more than S1 as well, especially for episodes like when they went into the future to stop Phoebe's execution.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

As far as I know it doesn't have to do with that. I presume it more was because they couldn't afford it, &/or she didn't give them permission. I don't get why they couldn't have done the photo though as that shouldn't have cost too much & why not say yes to that?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-05-2020, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
It was darker
I prefer S2 to S1, & probably the later half of S1 to the first half. Around the middle are some of my favourite episodes from that season...
Same although I find it very hard to sit though the parts of S2 with Dan in it
Old 10-05-2020, 02:30 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

That's what I'm saying, they wouldn't even show a PICTURE of Prue in the last episode. Even that would of been enough.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't get that from your previous post, sorry. Basically we're in agreement, & neither of us know why they didn't show a picture.
There has been no reason given as far as I know as to why they didn't show a picture. I presume it was because they were broke, but given they had wanted to try get Shannon back then that doesn't fully track. But maybe they would've made further cuts to the season to bring her back. Then they didn't bother over showing a picture. It could be they were bitter she said no to their plans so they then didn't even show a picture as they didn't want to pay her for it If it did come from any dispute,ect. between Shannon & the show I think it was all one sided on the show part, not hers. But she also could be covering it up much like the real reason she left is covered up

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-05-2020, 04:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

See my fav season was end of 1 and 2 but I love season 2 , 4 ,5 so good .

I keep forgetting that they were poor or had budget cuts in season 8 , thwy wasted so kuch time on random stars than ended up being useless .

So in the end Shannon didn't want to come back the storyline wasn't good , which is what I gathered
Old 10-07-2020, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I always hated hearing Prue wasn't acknowledged in the series finale at all but the beef between SD and the show was so heated it's no wonder the show never showed her again. I think I liked S2 more than S1 as well, especially for episodes like when they went into the future to stop Phoebe's execution.
her not showing up is fine. the no mention though was pretty messed up.

{taek su mi sun}