Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 11:29 AM
MST Manager

I am THRILLED for Pliskova! I hope she can win the championship tomorrow.

Berritini is in the Final! Sweeet.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:48 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Incredible. I saw Federer play & that was tough. 0-6 if I remember correctly he lost set 3.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:16 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Incredible. I saw Federer play & that was tough. 0-6 if I remember correctly he lost set 3.
Yup, he did.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nole won!! So happy. To finally equal Fed and Nadal's titles, its such a great thing. We watched the match as it was shown on the big screen in town, and they were selling strawberries and cream and alcohol too, a nice day

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 07-12-2021, 02:48 PM
MST Manager

Glad you enjoyed.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am also very happy about Nole's victory.

Once again he came through another tough to capture his sixth Wimbledon title and 20th Grand Slam title, which puts him in a tie with Fed and Rafa for first place among the men. Plus Nole is now one title closer to not only achieving the Grand Slam, but also the Golden Slam.

In the women's singles final, Ashleigh Barty defeated Karolina Pliskova 6-3, 6-7 (4), 6-3.

Great win for Ashleigh, who captured her first Wimbledon title, second Grand Slam singles title and third Grand Slam title overall.

Meanwhile in doubles and mixed doubles; Nikola Mektić and Mate Pavić defeated Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos 6–4, 7–6 (5), 2–6, 7–5 to win the men's doubles title, Hsieh Su-Wei and Elise Mertens defeated Veronika Kudermetova and Elena Vesnina 3–6, 7–5, 9–7 to win the women's doubles title and Neal Skupski and Desirae Krawczyk defeated Harriet Dart and Joe Salisbury 6-2, 7-6 (1) to win the mixed doubles title.

Also in juniors; Samir Banerjee won the boys' singles title, Ane Mintegi del Olmo won the girls' singles title, Edas Butvilas and Alejandro Manzanera Pertusa won the boys' doubles title and Kristina Dmitruk and Diana Shnaider won the girls' doubles title.

So that's the story from Wimbledon.

Next up on the schedule this week are the Hall of Fame Open in Newport, Rhode Island, the Nordea Open, the Hamburg European Open, the Hungarian Grand Prix, the Ladies Open Lausanne and the Prague Open.
Old 07-13-2021, 08:36 AM
MST Manager

I'm glad you had a good time, Theresa.

I enjoyed the finals. I did hope for different results though. It was good that Berrettini and Pliskova reached the finals though. It was a remarkable achievement for Djokovic to equal Federer and Nadal's Grand Slam titles. I think Djokovic will win more Grand Slam titles to overtake Federer and Nadal.

Thanks for the news and pics, Rod.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:51 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news and pics, Rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I enjoyed the finals. I did hope for different results though. It was good that Berrettini and Pliskova reached the finals though.
I did too.

I wanted Pliskova and Berrettini to win.

And, Wimbledon wasn't the same for me without Nadal there, although I still loved watching all the matches. I just missed my ultimate favorite.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I reckon Nole can def overtake Fed and Nadal, but I reckon Rafa has a few more slams in him

Old 07-14-2021, 12:47 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
I reckon Nole can def overtake Fed and Nadal, but I reckon Rafa has a few more slams in him
I agree completely.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is an update from last week's events.

First of all on the men's side; Kevin Anderson won the Hall of Fame Open, Casper Ruud won the Nordea Open and Pablo Carrena Busta won the Hamburg European Open.

On the women's side; French Open champion Barbora Krejcikova won the Prague Open, Yulia Putintseva won the Hungarian Grand Prix and Tamara Zidansek won the Ladies Open Lausanne.

So that's the latest update from the tour.

Next up on the schedule this week will be the Swiss Open Gstaad, the Croatia Open Umag, the Mifel Open, the Palermo Ladies Open and the BNP Paribas Poland Open. Plus the Summer Olympics gets underway on Saturday.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:22 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the news, Rod. It's great that Kevin Anderson won the Hall of Fame Open.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:44 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for all the news, Rod.
Old 07-31-2021, 12:19 PM
MST Manager

I am very happy that Belinda Bencic won the gold medal.

Novak needs to control his emotions better on the court. He could have hurt somebody and/or been disqualified again if his racket had hit somebody.

What a victory for Carreno-Busta for the bronze medal!
Old 08-01-2021, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Really feel for Novak, he did let his emotions get to him, i think he pressured himself too much and it got to him. Def deserves a break, but it was admirable that when everyone else withdrew, he still gave it a go and tried his best.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread