Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 10:25 AM
MST Manager

I really wanted Khachanov to get the gold.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is the latest update from the tour.

First of all at the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Sasha Zverev and Belinda Bencic won the gold medal in singles with Sasha routing Karen Khachanov 6-3, 6-1 and Belinda Bencic defeating Markéta Vondroušová 7-5, 2-6, 6-3 in the gold medal match.

Great wins for Sasha

and Belinda Bencic, who captured their first gold medals.

In the bronze medal singles matches; Pablo Carrena Busta upset Nole 6-4, 6-7(6), 6-3 and Elina Svitolina defeated Elena Rybakina 1-6, 7-6(5), 6-4.

In doubles; Nikola Mektić and Mate Pavić defeated compatriots Marin Cilic and Ivan Dodig to win the men's doubles gold medal 6-4, 3-6 [10-4], while Marcus Daniell and Michael Venus won the bronze medal. On the ladies' side, Barbora Krejčíková and Kateřina Siniaková defeated Belinda Bencic and Viktorija Golubic 7-5, 6-1 to win the gold medal, while Laura Pigossi and Luisa Stefani won the bronze medal.

In mixed doubles, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Andrey Rublev defeated compatriots Elena Vesnina and Aslan Karatsev 6-3, 6-7(5) [13-11] to win the gold medal, while Ashleigh Barty and John Peers won the bronze medal.

Meanwhile there were some tournaments in action. Here is the list of winners for those tournaments in the last couple of weeks:

Swiss Open Gstaad: Casper Ruud
Croatia Open Umag: Carlos Alcaraz
Mifel Open: Cameron Norrie
Atlanta Open: John Isner
Generali Open: Casper Ruud
Palermo Ladies Open: Danielle Collins
BNP Paribas Poland Open: Maryna Zanevska
Belgrade 125: Anna Schmiedlova
Charleston 125: Varvara Lepchenko

So that's the latest update from the tour.

This week's tournaments, which are in progress, are the Citi Open, the Silicon Valley Classic, the Winners Open and the Concord 125.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:19 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for all the news, schedule and pictures, Rod.

I am excited to see Rafa back in action at The Citi Open!
Old 08-04-2021, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad for some normal tournaments now Olympics is done

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 08-04-2021, 06:15 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
Glad for some normal tournaments now Olympics is done
Me too.

I am watching The Citi Open now.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I prob won't watch much of Citi Open unless I can catch Vika, she got a wildcard.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 08-05-2021, 03:58 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
I prob won't watch much of Citi Open unless I can catch Vika, she got a wildcard.
Nice that she did.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is an update from last week's tournaments.

First of all in Washington D.C., Jannik Sinner defeated Mckenzie McDonald 7-5, 4-6, 7-5 to win the Citi Open.

In San Jose, Danielle Collins defeated Daria Kasatkina 6-3, 6-7(10), 6-1 to win the Silicon Valley Classic.

Also Andrea Petkovic ended a six year title drought by routing Mayar Sherif 6-1, 6-1 to win the Winners Open and Magdalena Frech defeated Renata Zarazua 6-3, 7-6(4) to win the Concord 125.

Next up on the schedule this will be the National Bank Open/Canada Masters. The men will be playing in Toronto, while the women will be playing in Montreal.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:03 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the updates, Rod.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome, Nikki.

Here is an update from last week's events in Canada.

First of all in Toronto, Daniil Medvedev defeated Reilly Opelka 6-4, 6-3 to win the singles title, while Rajeev Ram and Joe Salisbury won the doubles title.

In Montreal, Camila Giorgi upset Karolina Pliskova 6-3, 7-5 to win the singles, while Gabriela Dabrowski and Luisa Stefani won the doubles title.

So that's the story from Canada.

This week's event, which is in progress, is the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati.

In off the court news, Fed will have another surgery on his right knee, which will end his year. He has been really plagued by this troublesome injury in the last year or two after so many years of not missing much action. Obviously the wear and tear is catching up.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:59 PM
MST Manager

Aww, tough news about Federer.

Thanks for all the news and updates, Rod.
Old 08-28-2021, 03:46 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for all of the news, Rob.

I like Camila Giorgi so I'm pleased that she won a title.
Old 08-30-2021, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here is a brief update from the latest events on the tour.

First of all in last week's events; Ilya Ivashka won the Winston-Salem Open, Anett Kontaveit won the Tennis in the Land tournament in Cleveland and Elina Svitolina won the WTA Chicago Women's Open.

Also in the previous week, Sasha Zverev and Ashleigh Barty won the singles titles at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati and Clara Tauson won the Chicago 125.

Next up on the schedule this week will be the U.S. Open. The final Grand Slam of the year gets underway in just under a couple of hours. First of all, we'll have an intriguing looking match to start things at Arthur Ashe Stadium where 2017 women's singles champion Sloane Stephens will take on Madison Keys in a rematch of their final meeting. Following that match will be another intriguing looking match of the ages as Stefanos Tsitsipas will face 2012 men's singles champion Andy Murray. French Open champion Barbora Krejčíková, Aryna Sabalenko, Vika, Elina Svitolina, Felix Auger-Aliassime, Diego Schwartzman, John Isner, Coco Gauff and Angelique Kerber will also be headlining the action in the afternoon session, while Andrey Rublev will play Ivo Karlovic and Simona Halep will take on Camila Giorgi. Then later on in primetime at Arthur Ashe Stadium, two time women's singles champion Naomi Osaka will face Marie Bouzkova and then Daniil Medvedev will play Richard Gasquet.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:25 AM
MST Manager

Thanks, Rod!
Old 08-31-2021, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Here is a brief update from yesterday's matches.

First of all in the match of the day, Stefanos Tsitsipas defeated Andy Murray 2-6, 7-6 (7), 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 during which and afterwards, Andy fumed about Tsitsipas' long bathroom break after the fourth set.

Also Sloane Stephens defeated Madison Keys 6-3, 1-6, 7-6 (7); Daniil Medvedev defeated Richard Gasquet 6-4, 6-3, 6-1; Aryna Sabalenka defeated Nina Stojanovic 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-0; Coca Gauff defeated Magda Linette 5-7, 6-3, 6-4 and Simona Halep defeated Camila Giorgi 6-4, 7-6 (3).

Plus Naomi Osaka, Gabrina Muguruza, Vika, Casper Ruud and Andrey Rublev.

So that's the story from Day 1 at Flushing Meadows.

Coming up on Day 2, which is underway; Sasha Zverev, Ashleigh Barty, Karolina Pliskova, Belinda Bencic, Denis Shapovalov, Matteo Berrettini, Iga Swiatek, Petra Kvitova and Gael Monfils will headline the afternoon session. Then later on in primetime at Arthur Ashe Stadium, Nole will begin his quest to complete the Calendar Grand Slam as he will take on Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune. Following that match, Bianca Andreescu will face Viktorija Golubic.