Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

NY Yankees #11 - The Spirits Are On Their Way

To the New York Yankees aka Bronx Bombers thread.

~Golden Rule~
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Don't Bash The Yankees [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

The New York Yankees ... your 2003 American League Champions!

Lots of changes in the Yankee Family. To keep yourself informed of everything that's happening always check with the Official Yankee Home

::Changes to the 2004 Yankees::
  • Lee Mazzilli our former first base coach has left the Bronx to coach the Baltimore Orioles.
  • Willie Randolph, our fomer third base coach is now our bench coach replacing Don Zimmer.
  • Rick Down was fired as hitting coach after Yankee hitters had a terrible WS with RISP.
  • Donnie Baseball is the Yankee's new batting coach
  • Andy, Boomer, Rocket, Weaver, Nicki and Juan are all gone...

Old 01-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] YAYY!! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] New thread!!

Great tittle Nikki
#2Jeter-I love u baby!
Old 01-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Banned

Yep! Just in time for the new thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

New thread!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

Good job, Nikki!!!

BTW, I didn't go to Mo's, I went to the Official Yankee's Store in Times Square! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] Very cool! They were open when I first arrived in NY but when I left on sunday, it was closed! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks guys. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] I took the title from Mariael's suggestion. It reminded me of what Jeter said to Boone before he won the game with that unforgettable HR [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mariael ah tough luck!!

Not to panic or anything but.. Spring Training is getting closer!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>Thanks guys. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] I took the title from Mariael's suggestion. It reminded me of what Jeter said to Boone before he won the game with that unforgettable HR [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Not to panic or anything but.. Spring Training is getting closer!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] YAY!!!!
[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

BTW, What did Jeter told to Boone?
#2Jeter-I love u baby!
Old 01-08-2004, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Well, when we were (ahem!) *losing* to Boston and Boone's time to bat was coming up Jeter said whispered or got really close to Aaron and told him something like, "Don't worry the Spirits will show up"... Well, something like that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And its amazing it was Aaron who HIT the miracle HomeRun!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Ahh, my Yanks!

Guys, listen to this!!!!

Quote:
CBS has ordered "Clubhouse," a drama from writer Daniel Cerone ("Charmed"), Mel Gibson's Icon Prods. and Spelling television. The project, based on a yet-to-be-published book by Matt McGough, is a coming-of-age story about a New York Yankees' batboy.
That sounds adorable!! [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] Hope it gets through!
Old 01-10-2004, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

Where's everyone??

First ST game will be March 5 at Legends Field against Philly [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

Also Catchers and Pitchers will report in 35 days!! It all begins Feb 14th Valentines day [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Thanks. Nikki for the update!

For the first time in a long time... I think I am avtually looking forward to Valentine's day! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 07:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Can't believe Spring Training starts so soon - time's going really quickly! I've looked at the 2004 schedule and I have the choice of seeing the Yankees play either...

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Baltimore Orioles
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Oakland A's
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Toronto Blue Jays
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Anaheim Angels

or possibly all of them! Never seen any of those teams before...any suggestions?

That's a great title for the thread, btw. I didn't know the story behind it, was that in the ALCS game 7?

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited PVCscully ]
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PVCscully:
<STRONG>Can't believe Spring Training starts so soon - time's going really quickly! I've looked at the 2004 schedule and I have the choice of seeing the Yankees play either...

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Baltimore Orioles
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Oakland A's
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Toronto Blue Jays
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Anaheim Angels

or possibly all of them! Never seen any of those teams before...any suggestions?

That's a great title for the thread, btw. I didn't know the story behind it, was that in the ALCS game 7?

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited PVCscully ]</STRONG>

well i would probably choose the orioles (because they seem to have given us the least amount of troubles in winning) but if you want a challenge i would go with the A's. its like they fight hard to avenge that whole Jeter-flip pass thing from 2001.

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Chariot…it’s somewhere to be just for a moment."

Gavin DeGraw
Old 01-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by YankeeChic21212:
<STRONG>but if you want a challenge i would go with the A's. its like they fight hard to avenge that whole Jeter-flip pass thing from 2001.

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Plus the whole Giambi thing [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I agree with YankeeChic, those games are F-U-N!!

Mariael I love Valentines, I love getting chocolates but not as much as I love eating them! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] But this is the very reason I now can't wait for Feb 14!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Yup! There was some talk discussing how arrogant Jeter sounded... Well, I say he spoke like a true Yankee. Plus, he was right! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Another magical thing!! I don't know what broadcast of the ALCS you guys got but I think everyone gets it on Fox, right? Well, if so right before we started coming back in one of the games (I think it was Game 7) Fox showed a banner (not on purpose of course) that read: IT'S DESTINY

And just like a minute after we knew we were going to win that game. Ahh, what a feeling! I'll get the exact game and moment later when I rewatch my tape [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by YankeeChic21212:
<STRONG>

well i would probably choose the orioles (because they seem to have given us the least amount of troubles in winning) but if you want a challenge i would go with the A's. its like they fight hard to avenge that whole Jeter-flip pass thing from 2001.
</STRONG>
i second that!! I've seen the Yankees sweep the Orioles out here in Baltimore! It's great to make of fun of the Oriole fans but can be boring when your beating the hell out of them! The A's would definitely be a good game to watch!

Nikki- I never enjoyed Valentine's day! I hate that is so close to my bday and people forget sometimes because they are so busy getting their plans together for their romantic dates and I am aslways alone for that day! Oh well!

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited Mariael311 ]
Old 01-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Nikki The majority of the games I've seen have been Tampa Bay, the Orioles, and the Blue Jays. Almost all of them the Yanks have won. And while I love seeing them win, it's like a pre-determined thing because the teams are so bad. So I'd suggest the Oakland Atheletics. They've given the biggest fight at the games I've been to. I've been to one Yanks/BoSox game. And we won. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Of course.

Yuki Aw, thanks! I just read what you said on the previous thread. (That like...rhymed. A lot. Haha. Read, said, thread. Anyway.) Thank you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The three of us, Jackey, Joe and I, have created the Amazing Asian Alliance. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Otherwise known as the Ax3. Haha.

[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] To everyone! Lari, Nikki, Yuki, everyone! We Yankees fans rock! We're on another thread and we've still got a good deal of time to go until Opening Day! We rock!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] Heh!

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited Burnination101 ]

icon credit: spikesbint on LJ
Old 01-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Mariael yeah, being alone on Valentines is a tough deal, I know. But then again, whenever a guy came to give me something (or I knew that he would) I broke the whole thing up a few days before. I don't like awkward moments.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I remember once this guy was standing in front on my house and I was going to the movies with a bunch of friends and my mom was like, "Nikole, Anthonys out there" and I ignored her and went off. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Avoid boys at all costs! lol

Then this other time this man I didn't even know all that well calls me all jealous, "is anyone giving you presents today?" And I was like, hell, I dont know... I never called him again, well I never call *anybody* they call me..

So you see, Valentine sucks save for the candy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Calen lucky you! I went to a BoSox/Yank game and we LOST! Horrible, Sox wouldn't shut up about it!
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I could've kicked the bastard Sox fan in front of me. And damn straight we rock! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]